Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strawberry (Level 2) AdamAnt316's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I found some neat (pre-Mac) Apple stuff this weekend, though I'll start with the find most relevant to this forum, a Sony Playstation 4, which I bought for $120. I bought one for $80 a few years back, but it turned out to have a bad HDMI port; a friend of mine was able to replace it, but it's still in pieces, so when this one showed up at a consignment store, I decided to pick it up. Thankfully, the HDMI port in this one works, and it boots up to the main menu, though I haven't tested it with a game yet since one wasn't included. It did come with a controller, as well as the charging cable, and it works with the controller plugged into the console. Anyway, here are some photos:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ps4_1.jpg 
Views:	7064 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	11023

Name:	ps4_2.jpg 
Views:	7018 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	11024
    Onto the Apple stuff, which I bought as a lot for $200. Included was an Apple II Plus and an Apple IIc, both in fairly good condition, and with an external disk drive each. The II Plus is loaded with expansion cards, including the Disk II card, 16KB RAM expansion, RF modulator, and both serial and parallel interfaces. The IIc presumably has the standard 128KB RAM, and came with the matching Monitor IIc with the matching C-stand. Also included was two boxes of floppy disks (including a few copies of Snake Byte as seen on the monitor photo), a homebrew 'mystery card' for the II Plus, and lots of manuals and other paperwork. Thrown in with the lot was a box full of PC software, plus two bags of CD-ROMs. Here are some photos:

Name:	appleiic_setup.jpg 
Views:	7235 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	11035

Name:	appleiic_screen.jpg 
Views:	7292 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	11034

Name:	appleiiplus_setup.jpg 
Views:	7040 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	11033

Name:	appleiiplus_top1.jpg 
Views:	7463 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	11032

Name:	manuals1.jpg 
Views:	7166 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	11036

Name:	pcsoftware.jpg 
Views:	6802 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	11037

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I picked up Jump Force for the PS4 early last week (my nephew loves the game, although I haven't heard many good things about it) and today I picked up Omega Quintet and Evil Genius 2 - World Domination for the PS4. For some reason, Evil Genius 2 doesn't have the name printed on the spine. I wonder if that's common or if it's a fluke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

A few days ago I hit a GameXchange store I haven't been to in months, I only picked up Immortals Fenyx Rising for the PS4. I'd picked up another game but the only copy they had was too scratched. I then stopped at a Movie Trading Company location nearby and picked up the Pac-Man Museum new. This afternoon, after getting my car inspected (I had to wait two hours) and getting it registered I went out to my favorite new game store and grabbed a bunch of stuff. I'd only planned to get Chariot and Destiny Connect, but he'd gotten in a sealed collector's edition of The Cruel King and the Great Hero, a game that I'd had my eye on, so I picked that one up too. It was only $40.

Later in the evening I stopped at a Half Price Books and didn't buy anything. But they had a PS4 game there, 3D Mini-Golf that they wanted $39.99 for. I thought that was way too much for such a thing, especially when I'd seen the PS5 version of the game for $8.99 several months ago. Later when I was getting something to eat I looked the game up on Amazon and only one seller had a copy, used and sold in "good" condition, for $150. Um..... why? I remember looking at the back of the PS5 box and it looked like PS2 graphics, the PS4 version had the same screenshots on it. I'm confused.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Terminusvitae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Aoif3edieqwdf

I found a few nice things at an array of retro game shops in a couple of small towns outside the area. I don't know why a region of about 30,000 people has three retro gaming stores, but I'm glad they're there. I'll need to go back before long, even though it's a bit of a drive.

I also paid a bit less than the sticker price for each of these, so I think I got a good haul. I also can't figure out how to get the picture to upload right-side-up.

Name:	Games Acquired (Rotated).jpg 
Views:	7125 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	11044

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

your going the expensive way it seems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

A few days ago I stopped at a game store and bought the Team 17 Evercade cartridge. When I got back to my car my battery was dead. It was near a AAA office, so I called them and it would take an hour for them to arrive, even though I could hit the local AAA office with a frisbee from where I was. A few minutes later some random guy drove up, asked me if I needed a jump, and had my car running in less than 2 minutes. Thank God for people like that.

One new battery later (and an oil change), and I went game shopping. Picked up Gal Gunbolt Burst for the PS4. Nothing else looked all that interesting. That place used to be my favorite game store locally, but they're running low on stuff I'm looking for.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Terminusvitae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Aoif3edieqwdf

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    your going the expensive way it seems
    Haha, I suppose that's true. I didn't pay sticker for any of them, fortunately, but there's so little out in the wild here that I am willing to pay a (slight) premium for collecting and trade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminusvitae View Post
    there's so little out in the wild here that I am willing to pay a (slight) premium for collecting and trade.
    That's my situation. I almost never check out thrift stores anymore - all my favorites have closed down or changed hands. I used to love hunting games and stuff, it was like a gambler hitting a jackpot when I'd find something really cool in the wild. Nowadays, I just hit game, used book stores, and movie stores. And even there I don't find much.