Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

A week and a half ago, I did some actual thrift store shopping. Went to three places, didn't find anything. I did go back to that Half Price Books and pick up the copy of 3D Mini Golf for the PS4 while I was out. So at least I didn't come home completely empty-handed.

Today I went well away from home to go to a little restaurant in the middle of nowhere, on the way there and coming back I hit several game stores and a couple Half Price Books, only found anything at two places. Risk of Rain for the PS4 at a GameXchange, and at a place that's usually had Japanese import PS3 games fairly often I bought Dragon Quest Heroes, Warriors Orochi 2, and Unreal Tournament 3. When I got home I realized I had a Japanese copy of Warriors Orochi 2 Ultimate already. For some reason I kept thinking it was Warriors Orochi Z, the zombie version of the game. It's hard when you can't read the language on the cover.

Oh, the Taiko No Tatsujin drum is something I got out of a gachapon machine in the recently opened Bandai Gachapon Shop.

Last edited by Steve W; 09-16-2023 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I decided to stop off at a Half Price Books today, and had to pick this sweet thing up. The Challenge of Nexar from Spectravideo. Boxed and with the instruction manual. This location (and a few locally) seem to have a lot of boxed Atari 2600 games.

Last edited by Steve W; 09-19-2023 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Realized I mis-spelled something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I ended up driving around, hitting several stores and Movie Trading Company locations. At the Retro Madness game store, I picked up Sparklite and Subnautica Below Zero. Went to check up on a game store that was closed when I dropped by at 4:30 in the afternoon a week or two ago, and bought Aeterno Blade II (sealed). At a Movie Trading Company nearby I picked up Crypt of the NecroDancer since I've seen it a few times and finally felt it was time to pull the metaphorical trigger. Driving home I decided I wanted bubble tea, and next door to the tea place was a Movie Trading Company, so I went in and bought Doom Slayers Collection (new). I've wanted to get a copy for a while because I wanted an easy way to play Doom I and II, but after downloading them it told me I couldn't play it because it was online only and I had to sign up to Bethesda.net. Screw you, Bethesda. I wanted an easy way to play Doom, looks like I'm going to have to pirate now. Why exactly do I have to be online to play a 30-year-old game that wasn't designed to be played online?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I’ve had Nexar since the 80’s. It’s not a very fun game.

I got a Psuedo Saturn cart a good while back, so I could play fan translated games on the Saturn. I’ve been wanting to play Outrun on the console, but getting a copy will easily set me back over $100. I opted to get a replica copy of SEGA Ages instead, for about 65% of the price, and it includes Afterburner II and Space Harrier.

I’ll add pics later. The forum isn’t liking my phone today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA2.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	11077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA4.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	11078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	11079  
    Last edited by Gamevet; 09-23-2023 at 08:00 PM.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I ended up driving around, hitting several stores and Movie Trading Company locations. At the Retro Madness game store, I picked up Sparklite and Subnautica Below Zero. Went to check up on a game store that was closed when I dropped by at 4:30 in the afternoon a week or two ago, and bought Aeterno Blade II (sealed). At a Movie Trading Company nearby I picked up Crypt of the NecroDancer since I've seen it a few times and finally felt it was time to pull the metaphorical trigger. Driving home I decided I wanted bubble tea, and next door to the tea place was a Movie Trading Company, so I went in and bought Doom Slayers Collection (new). I've wanted to get a copy for a while because I wanted an easy way to play Doom I and II, but after downloading them it told me I couldn't play it because it was online only and I had to sign up to Bethesda.net. Screw you, Bethesda. I wanted an easy way to play Doom, looks like I'm going to have to pirate now. Why exactly do I have to be online to play a 30-year-old game that wasn't designed to be played online?

I grabbed Aeternoblade II a few years ago. It has some fun mechanics with time altering puzzles, but it has a fairly bland map for its style. I need to finish that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I popped out and hit a few stores yesterday, I only bought one game. Narcosis for the PS4 looked cool and creepy, and it's a Limited Run game, so I picked it up since I'll never see another copy in all likelihood.

A couple days back I received a PS3 game I ordered off Amazon, We Dare. It's a European game that for some reason seems to be from Istanbul according to the holographic security seal, and yet it's entirely in English (and printed/manufactured in France). Odd. Still, that makes my PS3 collection 682 titles. And for the PS4, Narcosis is the 358th. I just recently reorganized, alphabetized and photographed my game collections and was able to count them accurately. I usually just pile them up for months and months until I rework them all into alphabetical order. It feels good to see them organized.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Terminusvitae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Aoif3edieqwdf

After a day's worth of wheelin' and dealin', I got a pretty nice haul almost entirely through trade (and a small amount of cash):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 20.54.22_e2b93ed1.jpg 
Views:	7295 
ID:	11087

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminusvitae View Post
    After a day's worth of wheelin' and dealin', I got a pretty nice haul almost entirely through trade (and a small amount of cash):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 20.54.22_e2b93ed1.jpg 
Views:	7295 
ID:	11087
    Oooo those all look so purdy. I forgot how nice the Zelda games look complete. Very nice haul!

I've done nothin' much for looking. There hasn't really been anything around my area to even "catch and release".