Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Other than a game or two, I thought that I'd bought everything for the Playstation 3 that interested me. I went waaaaaaaaaaay outside town to hit a game store and found a bunch of stuff I didn't have and later hit a Movie Trading Company store for two more. I've never seen Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage in any store before, Leisure Suit Larry is one I almost never see in shops, Port Royale 3 isn't too uncommon but I still don't have it, and World Snooker Championship 11 is a UK release (this store does something I love, they separate all their useless sports games to their own shelf section where I found the Snooker game tucked in at the end) based on something I know nothing about, so I grabbed it just for the weirdness. And on the drive home I stopped at the movie store and found Venetica and Golden Axe - Beast Rider (it's supposed to be a lousy game which is why I put off getting it for so long).

It makes me happy to still be able to find PS3 titles I want. It's turned into a really enjoyable console to collect for. I think I only really want two or three games more and I can call it a day for the PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The town I went to high school in had their annual town wide garage sale this weekend. I prayed I didn't get a call as I'm on call for one of my clients (we have 3 techs that we rotate the 24 hour service calls each week). There was absolutely nothing game wise at these sales, which wasn't too shocking as games were drying up for the last few years out there. Vintage wise I picked up a computer tool kit from Radio Shack for $10 complete (hard vinyl case with the logo, instructions, two nut drivers, four screw drivers, a small bit extractor, an IC puller and the tool to install them, a driver with a flippable T15/T10 head and tweezers). I hit up a couple thrift stores afterwards but that was bupkiss game wise (at least, what I wanted-one had a DS Lite for $40 when about two years ago they sold them for $15).

It was nice to get out to garage sales as that's something I used to do a lot but haven't had the chance to even pre COVID. The downside was that I only saw 3 people wearing masks not including myself and there were a decent amount of folks around 8:30 in the morning. But whatcha gonna do?