Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    They only have a round sticker over the clear center part, not on the artwork portion. I havn't tried to take them off yet though.
    If you take them off, they leave a pretty sticky residue that can prevent the game from ejecting. My kids got a couple games for Christmas from F.V. and I almost had Super Mario Maker become a permanent resident in the Wii U. I had Goof Off but discovered it's pretty destructive to the artwork. Thankfully it was only a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    If you take them off, they leave a pretty sticky residue that can prevent the game from ejecting. My kids got a couple games for Christmas from F.V. and I almost had Super Mario Maker become a permanent resident in the Wii U. I had Goof Off but discovered it's pretty destructive to the artwork. Thankfully it was only a bit.
    Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if I was going to bother trying to get them off before, now I probably will just leave them.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i found a n64 for $10 and two controllers (one green one yellow) for $5 ea at a goodwill.

the joysticks are totally shot though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I know it's old, but a week and a half ago (Feb 6), I managed to obtain two, 4-Slot Neo 25 cabs from my local Pizza place. I know the owner, and we have been talking for some time about me picking them up since she no longer wanted them. Also scored six MVS carts. The price? Free!

Sadly, the monitors seem to be shot. Also, one of the MVS units won't boot, or at least I can't confirm if it does, as at least one of the cabs has sound (that's how I know one MVS unit works). Yet the "damaged" MVS looks great physically, just very dusty.

I'm happy I got the units. Hope it helps my depression. Will be an interesting project.

https://ibb.co/gTLJc5t
    https://ibb.co/x7rjDQB
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ultimate Sim Series (PC, 1998) - Includes Sim City 2000 Special Edition, Streets of Sim City, and Sim Copter. - $2, from a thrift store.

It has most of the manuals, except for Sim Copter. A previous owner left a manual for The Sims in the box.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 02-19-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I had the same 3-in-1 set. I dont think I ever got around to playing Streets or Copter. or maybe I couldnt figure oit how to play it. dont remember. Most the Sim games kicked the llamas ass, thats for sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I played "catch and release" tonight. Local thrift had a few NES games for $5 each loose: Tiger Heli, Caesar's Palace, Track &Field, Winter Games and Rescue:The Embassy Mission. I debated on Track and Field and Winter Games but put them back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    I had the same 3-in-1 set. I dont think I ever got around to playing Streets or Copter. or maybe I couldnt figure oit how to play it. dont remember. Most the Sim games kicked the llamas ass, thats for sure
    I had this set back in 98, as a kid. Streets is a bad Twisted Metal ripoff that I enjoy for some reason. Copter is basic, janky, and enjoyable. Both are playable on Windows 10 now, but you have to download an extra program to start and play them; otherwise, your computer's too fast for them. The "patch" programs are here, at these fan sites:

www.streetsofsimcity.com
    www.simcopter.net

I also had most Sims games. That was back from 98 - 2002. They were lots of fun then, I'd probably still play Tower and others now.

I haven't had finds lately. If this was just a yard sale or thrift store thread in general, I'd probably post more often. I did find a 50s or 60s box fan in the last few months, and it was dirt cheap.

- Austin
    Last edited by Slate; 02-26-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if I was going to bother trying to get them off before, now I probably will just leave them.
    If anything, it might take a different remover. I never had issues with Goo Gone but I haven't used it in years and don't recall if I tried it on a disc based game. I have to see if I still have Zelda Skyward Sword, which I also boughtvat Family Video years ago, to see if I took the label off. If I did, then I used Goo Gone. If not, I might have to try it if I still have my bottle of the stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiM View Post
    If anything, it might take a different remover. I never had issues with Goo Gone but I haven't used it in years and don't recall if I tried it on a disc based game. I have to see if I still have Zelda Skyward Sword, which I also boughtvat Family Video years ago, to see if I took the label off. If I did, then I used Goo Gone. If not, I might have to try it if I still have my bottle of the stuff.
    I couldn't find my bottle of Goo Gone or I might have tried it. But I used some years ago to get sicker residue off a plexi arcade bezel and you can still see where it was. And it made a mess when using it. At least the spot's not sticky though. Goof Off though, I've never used but have heard you need to be more careful with. I just figured the stickers aren't hurting anything and my level of caring about that sort of thing has dropped in recent years.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I couldn't find my bottle of Goo Gone or I might have tried it. But I used some years ago to get sicker residue off a plexi arcade bezel and you can still see where it was. And it made a mess when using it. At least the spot's not sticky though. Goof Off though, I've never used but have heard you need to be more careful with. I just figured the stickers aren't hurting anything and my level of caring about that sort of thing has dropped in recent years.
    I head ya there. If the games I used Goof Off on were no gifts nor if there was a push from the wife to maintain the magic of Santa Claus for the kids, those suckers would probably still be on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

last couple of weeks i've had some luck finding some items...got 6 master system games in box...4 are missing manuals...the games are great baseball, joe montana football, rambo, great hockey, alien syndrome, and black belt....also got some genesis games CIB..jungle strike, star trek next generation, mortal kombat 2, B.O.B, and judge dredd.......all the master sytem games were $5 each and the genesis games were around $6 each......also picked up some disc only sega saturn games from gamestop.com...fighting vipers, virtua figter remix, Bug!, and virtua cop 2.....none were more than $10.....bought the retron 3 in 1 adapter for the retron 5..$46 on lukiegames.com.....lastly....ordered a 10 pack of replacement sega cd/ sega saturn cases from amazon ...should be here saturday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Pickup from thrift store, FB marketplace and local retro store.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A20C4CEE-ECA3-4C92-A477-23BEF961348E.jpg 
Views:	1801 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	10711

Name:	B45D4A19-48D6-4810-903C-723FA3667BF6.jpg 
Views:	1761 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	10712

Name:	FED3447F-A58D-4008-BFCE-16AC2BF03229.jpg