Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Went game hunting yesterday, picked up Worms Revolution Collection, Farcry 4, Armored Core Verdict Day, and Motorstorm Pacific Rift at a store called Game Trade. I got my copy of Pain off Amazon yesterday morning, shipped in from Greece. It's another example of a game I bought used (usually described as Good to Acceptable) , only to find they've sent me a factory sealed game. I'm not complaining about it, I'm just surprised I keep having this kind of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

And yet again, I ordered two games from two different Amazon 3rd party resellers for titles that were described as "Used-Good", and they come in new and factory sealed. Not only was Iron Sky: Invasion factory sealed, they also threw in an art book, a huge poster, and a DVD of extras and I'm guessing a "making of" video. Turns out I didn't order it from a reseller, it came from the publisher themselves. Cool!

I bought Record of Agarest War (or its foreign name at least) because I have Record of Agarest War Zero and the sequel, but in the US they never published the first game. So it's best to grab it now before nostalgia kicks in and PS3 prices start shooting up.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I think it's unlikely that there will be a surge in PS3 game prices years from now... there's nothing nostalgiac to me about a game from 2006 that could be mistaken for a game made in 2020. I think video games have plateaued in the last decade, the same way smartphones and TVs have. no one today is nostalgiac for a smartphone made in 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Eventually, people will become nostalgic. Although most of the time they just remaster games from previous generations. I can see PS3 games going up in price to awkward degrees. Look at GameCube games... I bought my library back in the day, and now I look at some of the games and gasp. N64 games didn't interest anybody for years, but eventually people started flocking back and driving prices way up. So this is the best time to pick up all those niche, oddball titles while they're still affordable.

Went on another fruitless quest to find a remote control for a Playstation 3DTV. I picked up Monopoly, Bladestorm, F.E.A.R.3, and Killzone Collection. I bought Monopoly because most places charge over twenty bucks for it but this place had it for $9.99. I also got the Killzone game since I never played the first game. I tried playing the third Killzone game because it was in 3D, but I had no idea how to control it or what was happening. So I'll go back to the beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ordered a couple of games off Amazon. Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! was factory sealed, but Putty Squad was used and came in a pretty damaged case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Tried hunting down a Playstation 3DTV remote again, with no luck. I did finally get my hands on a copy of Shadows of the Damned for PS3 (once I was interested in finding the game every place I'd seen it sold them all) and I picked up the game Project Zero 2 for the PAL Wii without even thinking that I might not be able to play it on an NTSC Wii. It looked super cool and creepy so I just grabbed it, knowing I might never find another copy in the wild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Before doing some grocery shopping I stopped at a Movie Trading Company and bought the Days of Thunder game/movie pack and Inversion for the PS3. I'm running out of games for that console that interest me, but I don't want to give up that thrill of collecting just yet.