Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I only post from a computer, and I use ImgBB for storing images online. It's pretty good, so much better than Photobucket. It takes a little bit of effort (I use GraphicConverter for the Mac to crop the picture and resize it), but the site's drag-and-drop and it gives you a variety of link types for whatever you're using it for.

The original Carmageddon was a great little game, I've always loved vehicular combat games so it was like it was made for me. It was published in the UK but nobody in the US bothered to distribute it for a year, so all I had to play was the 5-minute demo game. But frustrated Americans made patches for the demo to shut off the timer and such, so when it was finally published here a bunch of patches were quickly made for it to unlock all sorts of stuff. I loved the crap out of it, and bought a 3DFX Voodoo 1 card just to get the most out of it. I was so excited when Carmageddon 2 came out, and it chugged along with low framerates and badly thought out missions (and that damn warball you get stuck with dragging behind you that means you can't drive worth crap) and upgrading my OS meant it broke the playability of Carmageddon 1. Sigh.

Played the new Carmageddon last night... it was okay, but wandering around the city I hit a power up and got a damn warball and chain. And had no idea how to get rid of it so I can drive more than 30 miles per hour. I hope maybe I can disable it somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yesterday I hit a Movie Trading Company, one that has had a few foreign PS3 games on the shelf, hoping they might have something cool. All I bought there was The Talos Principle. Went to a GameXchange looking for interesting VR games and bought Race The Sun and Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain, a Japanese import. And for the styrofoam head I keep my VR helmet on I bought a wig, some clip-on cat ears, and a neck warmer from the Japanese dollar store Daiso because I'm weird and I wanted to give it some character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I had time tonight to go to a retro game and toy place that recently opened up in Fort Worth, TX called Retro Madness. They've got a bigger selection of import games since I first visited them right after they opened. I ended up buying Nitro Blasterz and Arslan: The Warriors of Legend. Their PS4 selection was pretty tiny. I guess not a lot of people trading in games to a toy store.

On a shelf next to the counter was this beauty, a Shogun Warrior. I've still got my original, with most of the pieces missing but the stickers still on the buckle and chest unlike this one... In case you can't read that price tag, it says $300. Ouch. At least it seems to have the box, which is amazing in this day and age. They don't make toys this cool any more.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Yesterday I hit a Movie Trading Company, one that has had a few foreign PS3 games on the shelf, hoping they might have something cool. All I bought there was The Talos Principle. Went to a GameXchange looking for interesting VR games and bought Race The Sun and Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain, a Japanese import. And for the styrofoam head I keep my VR helmet on I bought a wig, some clip-on cat ears, and a neck warmer from the Japanese dollar store Daiso because I'm weird and I wanted to give it some character.

i have to ask does it have googly eyes yet?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    And for the styrofoam head I keep my VR helmet on I bought a wig, some clip-on cat ears, and a neck warmer from the Japanese dollar store Daiso because I'm weird and I wanted to give it some character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

oh i totally forgot about that...

please dont french it

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

King of the Hill seems to be a universally loved TV show. I remember that ep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Nah, I haven't done anything too much with it, no googly eyes. That kind of thing doesn't matter since its eyes are covered by the VR helmet.

I'm burning off the last of my vacation time, four days and some personal holidays, so I'm out of town again. Went to a GameXchange and bought a Steelbook version of Persona 5, Raiden V: Director's Cut, and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood VR. That last one might be a good one for me... the freeroaming VR games have been making me almost instantly motion sick, maybe being on literal rails (it's a rollercoaster game but the animatronics attack you) might help with that. Oddly, mine says "Not for resale" like its a pack-in but I've never seen it at any other store before so it's not common enough to be a pack-in. I'll have to research that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

rush of blood was an early PSVR pack in...

i remember it being kind of an odd choice for a pack in when i worked at wally world

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku-Sama For This Useful Post:

Steve W (12-19-2020)