Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

Local pick up for $80. An older couple was selling off the things their son didn't take with him when he moved out. A whole lot of general, low value games. Still well worth the price. That off-brand PS2 controller caught me off guard...it's wickedly huge and ugly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Spent too much $$ today...bought a CIB DKC for snes...cib Namco museum on n64...charging blast and vanishing point on dreamcast...blood on an legacy of Kain on ps1 as well as wargames feed on 1 on ps1...all from a local thrift store...but unfortunately the owner knows his stuff on the video games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I drove for hours, well outside of town to hit a bunch of game stores. I was really hoping to find more PS3 games but there's so little I'm looking for anymore, I didn't get much. But I drove so far I had to justify the trip so I bought a bunch of PS4 games. Raid - World War II has a cameo from John Cleese in it. Really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I hit three or four places today, I didn't find any PS3 games I wasn't ashamed to buy (the games I don't already have in my collection were based on kid's movies like Bolt and Rio) so I ended up buying Warriors Orochi 4 and God Eater 2 for the PS4.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Here's the last classic game I saw at the local Salvation Army, everything else being more recent disc based console games. I didn't buy this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Last Sunday I drove a couple hours out of town to hit a few game stores, didn't find many PS3 to throw on the game shelf but had better luck finding PS4 games. I tend to go for Japanese-style games, since those are the ones that become hard to find over time, and I'd rather pay $14 for a game now rather than $55 in the future. Buying up the rarer games first and pick up the common games much later worked well for me when I started collecting for the PS3, might as well repeat it for the PS4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

Went game hunting/resell hunting today since I was off work...spent too much money but found a gane that will help recoup a lot of what I spent....picked up casper and dukes of hazard for ps1 $10 total at pawn shop...one piece...fighting game on xbox one and soul caliber 6 xbox one as well as all star football 2k8 and college hoops 2k8 on ps3 at same pawn shop...think I spent $54 at the pawn...then I went to a game store and found faxandu and Batman returns on the NES as well as resistance fall of man ps3...spend 52 at that game store.....so $106 for everything...BUT I am selling off the college hoops 2k8 on ps3 ...should get around $60 on ebay for it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I struggled to get a vacation week before I lose them at the end of the year, and I went out of state again. I haven't gone to a lot of game stores so far, but I did buy a few things. One thing that's not in the picture is the Xbox 360 external hard drive I bought at a GameXchange that I reformatted and got it to work with my Playstation 3. I finally managed to back up my PS3 - I'd read that a drive had to be reformatted in certain ways and either be smaller than 1TB or have a partition at 1TB. The drive I had was 2TB, plugged it in, and the PS3 happily used it for backup. It was way, way easier than all the "how-to" articles told me it would be.

After seeing a YouTube video about collecting for the PS3 and how, once the online store is gone, there'll be no way to get DLC and bug fixes and how "Game Of The Year" releases will be the only way to play a lot of those games properly, I picked up the Borderlands and Heavy Rain re-releases. The PS4 Accounting Plus game is a VR game by Justin Roiland, co-creator of Rick & Morty, and looks weird as hell. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus looks... interesting. It looks like a vapid anime-inspired dating sim or something, but it bills itself as a psychological horror game. I am intrigued.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

On the drive home from Louisiana today I stopped at three game stores along the way. One store didn't have anything I wanted, Hotline Miami 1/2 (PS4) and Ridge Racer 7 came from a GameXchange while Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and Fist of the North Star (both Japanese import versions) were bought at store called Games2Go in Longview, TX.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

i moved to a temporary place early October and finally got something hooked up, no pictures though, cant find my cords.

i went hunting for a switch lite at a pawn shop near by but found a NES dogbone for $5 instead
    Mid October i got Hot Wheels Unleashed for PS4, new game so $50
    Today i picked up Digimon Story Cyberslueth for $20

for what ever reason the first digimon game keeps climbing online and gamestop still had it for just $20 used, figured i'd get it before it got too expensive and i was kicking my self. have been curious about this one for a while.
    the Hot Wheels game is the first and only game i have been excited for since 2019. Less than a month and i have almost finished everything in the "story" mode.

guess thats what happens when you have no job or no house to keep you busy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I ended up checking out a lot of Half Price Books today. That's where I found the UK version of Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, Wheelman, and Castle of Shikigami III. Shellshock 2, DanceStar Party and Move Fitness came from a Movie Trading Company. I bought DanceStar Party and Move Fitness because they're European imports and are entirely in French. They were only $2.99 each, so I bought them for the novelty factor. I'm just so damn happy that I can play foreign games without having to use a soldering iron or some kind of obtuse softmod that I'll grab non-US games if I find them cheap or they're something unique.

A few days ago I'd gone to a mall GameStop and saw a used copy of Terra Trilogy for $30, so as I was walking away from the store I looked it up on Amazon, saw it there new for $9.99, and had ordered it before reaching the parking lot. Yet again, another reason to not shop at GameStop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What year is the Tandy?

I found today an absolutely battered copy of F-Zero for the Super Famicom.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Its been a while since i found any thing.

few months ago i found a loose PS3 slim for $40 and a 360e for the same.
    Now that i got the 360e i am going to dump my phats and slim down my 360 collection to the ones that i am going to play.
    also i'll probably mod it so i can run all my regular xbox games off of it from the hard drive

Yesterday i sold a japanese 360, two PS2 slims and a boxed 2600 4 switch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fpbrush View Post
    What year is the Tandy?
    There's no date on it (there's no battery corrosion either!) and so I searched the serial number and it says 1982. Seems about right.

Went really far away to Game Xchanges last night and picked up Lock's Quest and Darkest Dungeon at the first location and Gravity Rush 2, Sayonara Wild Hearts (all PS4) and Sonic (PS3) at the second. I'm very, very slowly getting to the 700 PS3 game mark. I could just buy junk I don't want to play, but it's more fun to hunt down what little stuff I really do want to play that I don't have yet. I'm having to go through eBay at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I got notification from Tindie that the maker of a Powerbook 1XX replacement battery was back in stock. I snagged that puppy up quick before it sold out. My Powerbook 180 now has a BlueSCSI V2 and a new battery that actually works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A few days ago I went out to a really far away game store that's usually got something good in it, but all I bought was Kamen Rider - Memory of Heroez, a Singapore release (that would probably never get translated into English otherwise). Today I stopped at another game store that I rarely visit and picked up Antiquia Lost and House of the Dead Remake collector's edition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Totally either didn’t see it before/forgot about The Wonderful 101 on the ps4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A couple days ago I went to my second favorite game store and picked up a sealed Chaos: Child for PS4 after seeing a YouTube review of the series. I also picked up Eiyuden Chronicle Rising because there's a sword-wielding kangaroo on the cover and that's a sign of quality in my book.

Also after seeing a YouTube review of Kowloon Highschool Chronicle I ordered it off Amazon for $19.99 and it came in this morning. I like that in the waning days of the PS4 games aren't hitting the $60 mark too much any more. The weird stuff is hitting physical discs (before the online stores are gone and the games vanish forever), and at reasonable prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Went to my new favorite game store today and for some reason I went straight for the PS3 section, even though there's generally nothing there I need any more. I'm glad I did, since I picked up Arcana Heart 3 and Saint Seiya - Brave Soldiers, both European releases that never came out here (a later release called Arcana Heart 3: Love Max! did come out over here, which I have but I'm still counting this one as a different game). A couple of game stores later I came across Striker's Edge for the PS4. It looks like if you took the gameplay of Outlaw on the Atari 2600 and updated it.

I almost picked up a cheap copy of Tom Clancy's The Division entirely in Japanese. I have Tom Clancy games exclusively in Korean and French already, I thought Japanese would be an interesting companion. Maybe on the next visit to that store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Over the past few days I went game hunting. Yesterday I went to work only to find out they changed my schedule yet again without telling me, so I took off and hit a GameXchange store. I picked up the PS3 Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack and Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!. A couple days before I stopped at a game store and picked up Omen of Sorrow for the PS4 - it looks a lot like a Castlevania-styled fighting game. And I ordered Super Stardust Ultra VR for the PS4 off Amazon, and when it showed up I was shocked to find it's entirely in Polish. I assumed because it's a European release it would be multi-language.