Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I ended up driving around, hitting several stores and Movie Trading Company locations. At the Retro Madness game store, I picked up Sparklite and Subnautica Below Zero. Went to check up on a game store that was closed when I dropped by at 4:30 in the afternoon a week or two ago, and bought Aeterno Blade II (sealed). At a Movie Trading Company nearby I picked up Crypt of the NecroDancer since I've seen it a few times and finally felt it was time to pull the metaphorical trigger. Driving home I decided I wanted bubble tea, and next door to the tea place was a Movie Trading Company, so I went in and bought Doom Slayers Collection (new). I've wanted to get a copy for a while because I wanted an easy way to play Doom I and II, but after downloading them it told me I couldn't play it because it was online only and I had to sign up to Bethesda.net. Screw you, Bethesda. I wanted an easy way to play Doom, looks like I'm going to have to pirate now. Why exactly do I have to be online to play a 30-year-old game that wasn't designed to be played online?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I’ve had Nexar since the 80’s. It’s not a very fun game.

I got a Psuedo Saturn cart a good while back, so I could play fan translated games on the Saturn. I’ve been wanting to play Outrun on the console, but getting a copy will easily set me back over $100. I opted to get a replica copy of SEGA Ages instead, for about 65% of the price, and it includes Afterburner II and Space Harrier.

I’ll add pics later. The forum isn’t liking my phone today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	11077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA4.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	11078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SA3.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	11079  
    Last edited by Gamevet; 09-23-2023 at 08:00 PM.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I ended up driving around, hitting several stores and Movie Trading Company locations. At the Retro Madness game store, I picked up Sparklite and Subnautica Below Zero. Went to check up on a game store that was closed when I dropped by at 4:30 in the afternoon a week or two ago, and bought Aeterno Blade II (sealed). At a Movie Trading Company nearby I picked up Crypt of the NecroDancer since I've seen it a few times and finally felt it was time to pull the metaphorical trigger. Driving home I decided I wanted bubble tea, and next door to the tea place was a Movie Trading Company, so I went in and bought Doom Slayers Collection (new). I've wanted to get a copy for a while because I wanted an easy way to play Doom I and II, but after downloading them it told me I couldn't play it because it was online only and I had to sign up to Bethesda.net. Screw you, Bethesda. I wanted an easy way to play Doom, looks like I'm going to have to pirate now. Why exactly do I have to be online to play a 30-year-old game that wasn't designed to be played online?

I grabbed Aeternoblade II a few years ago. It has some fun mechanics with time altering puzzles, but it has a fairly bland map for its style. I need to finish that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I popped out and hit a few stores yesterday, I only bought one game. Narcosis for the PS4 looked cool and creepy, and it's a Limited Run game, so I picked it up since I'll never see another copy in all likelihood.

A couple days back I received a PS3 game I ordered off Amazon, We Dare. It's a European game that for some reason seems to be from Istanbul according to the holographic security seal, and yet it's entirely in English (and printed/manufactured in France). Odd. Still, that makes my PS3 collection 682 titles. And for the PS4, Narcosis is the 358th. I just recently reorganized, alphabetized and photographed my game collections and was able to count them accurately. I usually just pile them up for months and months until I rework them all into alphabetical order. It feels good to see them organized.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Terminusvitae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Aoif3edieqwdf

After a day's worth of wheelin' and dealin', I got a pretty nice haul almost entirely through trade (and a small amount of cash):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 20.54.22_e2b93ed1.jpg 
Views:	707 
ID:	11087

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminusvitae View Post
    After a day's worth of wheelin' and dealin', I got a pretty nice haul almost entirely through trade (and a small amount of cash):

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 20.54.22_e2b93ed1.jpg 
Views:	707 
ID:	11087
    Oooo those all look so purdy. I forgot how nice the Zelda games look complete. Very nice haul!

I've done nothin' much for looking. There hasn't really been anything around my area to even "catch and release".

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Well so after collecting for about 30 years or so now i decided i should probably catalog my collection so i can get a base value for insurance, identify duplicates i want to sell, and have something to reference if i have or not.

Name:	Collection 10-1-23.jpg 
Views:	785 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	11094

i paid $35 for the CLZ windows app and their mobile. i picked them because of the windows application and how i can batch import and export and it works with a barcode scanner i picked up for $15.
    The barcode scanner is a major time saver.

I've only scanned my newest collections, PS4 and Switch, and about 3 paper ream half boxes of things, mainly imports and smaller less value collections, except for Saturn. I dont have many games for it but so far it accounts for a major percentage of my total value. I'm still learning the ins and outs of both the mobile and windows application but i like that you can customize a lot of the views, evern when adding a game you can customize what pops up for fields that you'll commonly use.

Also my paid and my total value are going to be totally off since i cant remember every purchase or gift i got and when but i stuff receipts into a lot of the cases for a lot of the more recent games and some times a price tag gets left because of the insane deal i might have gotten at the time... or i forgot to take it off.

so yea in the screen shot you might be able to see that NES, SNES, any other playstaion system, none of my large console collections and most of my hardware has not been scanned or added in yet.

Name:	PXL_20230929_010444924.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	11095

heres the scanner i got for $15, it was listed as used but if it was it wasnt used much. i wanted bluetooth to use on my phone if i wanted
    the trimmer was $20 since i finally lost my shit with my last one trying to chew my skin off and i smashed it.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    Well so after collecting for about 30 years or so now i decided i should probably catalog my collection so i can get a base value for insurance, identify duplicates i want to sell, and have something to reference if i have or not.

Name:	Collection 10-1-23.jpg 
Views:	785 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	11094

i paid $35 for the CLZ windows app and their mobile. i picked them because of the windows application and how i can batch import and export and it works with a barcode scanner i picked up for $15.
    The barcode scanner is a major time saver.

I've only scanned my newest collections, PS4 and Switch, and about 3 paper ream half boxes of things, mainly imports and smaller less value collections, except for Saturn. I dont have many games for it but so far it accounts for a major percentage of my total value. I'm still learning the ins and outs of both the mobile and windows application but i like that you can customize a lot of the views, evern when adding a game you can customize what pops up for fields that you'll commonly use.

Also my paid and my total value are going to be totally off since i cant remember every purchase or gift i got and when but i stuff receipts into a lot of the cases for a lot of the more recent games and some times a price tag gets left because of the insane deal i might have gotten at the time... or i forgot to take it off.

so yea in the screen shot you might be able to see that NES, SNES, any other playstaion system, none of my large console collections and most of my hardware has not been scanned or added in yet.

Name:	PXL_20230929_010444924.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	11095

heres the scanner i got for $15, it was listed as used but if it was it wasnt used much. i wanted bluetooth to use on my phone if i wanted
    the trimmer was $20 since i finally lost my shit with my last one trying to chew my skin off and i smashed it.
    Hahaha, oh man, I had one of those moments with a trimmer a few years ago. I started losing hair in my late 20s, and when my first kid was born in 2014, I decided to start shaving my head. I was in my mid-30s, and didn't want my kid to have to go through an adjustment as a baby not recognizing me, so I bought some Wahl clippers and started shaving my head and facial hair with no guard. It went fine for years, but a few years ago, when things started getting really bad with my health, and I was just getting put through the meat grinder at work with a revolvimg door of new market and regional managers, I just lost my mind on the thing one night when it was seizing up and ripping hairs instead of trimming them. It did not survive. My wife likes to tease me for just how much more easy-going I am since getting my health better (as much as possible) and switching careers.

I've never heard of that CLZ application, but I should probably catalog my stuff at some point. The games and systems are easy enough, as the games are all on shelves and in alphabetical order by system and region, but I still have a good chunk of difficult to find comps stuff from my old FuncoLand days like the retail posters and a few E3 goodies from 2000. The only thing I sold for medical bills were most of the counter top standees, which fetched me a few grand so I wouldn't have to touch my 401K or stock. That stuff would be hard to catalog.

I'll tell you how my stupid brain works, though... I looked at your photo and saw Barcode World as one of your Famicom games, and couldn't help but picture using a Barcode Battler to scan UPCs instead of that actual nice looking scanner you bought.

I do have one recent pickup!

Name:	20231002_213910.jpg 
Views:	767 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	11096

The younger of my boys was with me in my basement while I was replaying Secret Mission a little while ago on CD-i. I let him play some Stickybear Preschooland showed him Stickybear Math, and he asked if there were any more. He asked me to buy Stickybear Reading so he could try it, because he's working hard on his reading. He rarely asks for much (aside from gummy worms), so I ordered it on the spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

oh it wouldnt pull my hair, it would literally chew on me and make little bloody trails in the direction i was shaving, guard or no guard no matter what way i held it. it was extremely sharp though so i tried to make it work.

As for the app, its pretty good but none of them are perfect, their hardware support is a little lacking but as long as you can get the pricecharting ID off the site you can force it to track like it should. none of them are good with hardware, promo items and other non game non hardware but game related items are kinda difficult on any of them too.

alphabetical or not, your manually entering all those carts, it wouldnt make it any easier going a-z since your punching them in by hand any way. Unless they have a barcode.
    I hope to be through most of my collections with a barcode and the hardware before Portland Retro Gaming Expo on the 14th. I have a good idea of the cart stuff i have and dont have and there isnt much on my want list for those. if i get something cart based any more its purely curiosity or price (i.e. good deal) driven.

The only things that come to mind that i would jump for are Megaman Soccer for SNES, most of the SNES Rockman games and, while not a cart game, an atari heavy sixer because i still have not been able to pin one down. i have almost ever other 2600 hardware variants except the 2 heavys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I ordered Tsumiki BLOQ for the PS3 off Amazon a couple months ago, it finally showed up yesterday. I'm very slowly crawling towards the 700 game mark for the PS3.

I ended up going on a game hunt Monday that I could never find anything on, so I kept going farther and farther out. I was something like an hour and a half away from home when I decided I wouldn't go any further. I picked up Control and Mutant Football League for the PS4. It's all I found all day that wasn't crap like Anthem.

Several days ago I stopped off at a game store and picked up Them's Fightin' Herds for the PS4, it's like a fighting game but all the characters look like My Little Pony-style cartoons. I bought it because of its uniqueness, played it for a few minutes, and realized yet again that I don't care very much for fighting games. Oh well.

Last edited by Steve W; 10-03-2023 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I came across a store on Google Maps called Geektopia that I wasn't aware of, so I checked it out today. It's small and cluttered, and they only have a small selection of PS4 games, just one shelf. But I did find a couple PS4 Limited Run games, Mutant Mudds Deluxe and Mutant Mudds Super Challenge. In a glass case they had a bunch of Japanese PS3 games, so I picked out a Super Robot Wars 3 game.

A few days ago I went to a Movie Trading Company and picked up Summon Night 6 for the PS4. It's been there for a long time, I finally broke down and gave it a good home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

for the most part i've put my searching for games on hold while i catalogue and sort out the slag to get rid of at the convention next weekend.
    i did however find a wii nunchuck for $1.50 at goodwill yesterday.

i promise to have some good stuff next week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

ok portland retro gaming expo was this last weekend and i got far less than expected, no one was willing to trade really. i found two vendors who did.

Name:	PXL_20231017_043413943.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	11104

the cats in the back were $15 a pair
    Mega Man Soccer was $60 after trading a copy of Super Mario Land i got at a garage sale
    Morphcat Evercade cart $25 new, now i have the one i wanted when i get a evercade
    Dragon Warrior 3 was something i got today not at the expo $40 plus traded in about 40 some odd commons and low value duplicates
    Arc the Lad Collection (PSX) was $175 after the day before it being $200 for some reason
    the multi colored NES controller was $6 with a 360 slim PSU i needed to test a system i already had
    Octopath Travler and Mesaman Zero/ZX collection was a straight trade for some extra wii/wii-u stuff i had
    Daemon x Machina was $55
    Dont Copy that Floppy T shit was $30
    I Fix it jimmy came from worst buy for $8
    the nintendo pins came out of The Magic Box for $10 each, it was a cool vending machine at the expo
    the genesis adapter with A/V cable for $5 and a really clean PS2 controller for $4 from the local goodwill up there

in all i spent less than i imagined there but also didnt clear out much of my stuff to get rid of so i wasnt willing to get much more stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

In the past week I've occasionally gone game hunting but didn't come across much, left many stores empty-handed. Picked up Forager and Risen for the PS4 - I've got Risen 2 and 3 for the PS3 but I've never seen the first game, and turns out they'd rereleased it on the PS4.

Yesterday I stopped at my previous favorite game store and picked up Blue Reflection: Second Light. They didn't have all that much on this visit, sadly. And a bit overpriced - they had a copy of Caladrius Blaze for the PS4 that I wanted, but were charging $140 for it so I just couldn't. But then I came across a copy in a Half Price Books for $60 and grabbed it. Now their store has dropped their copy down to $59, which annoys me. It seems like they do that, when I find a cheaper copy of something their prices drop not too long after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A few days ago on my day off I did some more game shopping, I only picked up a couple games. Alan Wake Remastered and Rock Boshers DX, for the PS4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Name:	PXL_20231021_232656615.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	11118

I got Tax Avoiders for my dads retirement party off of ebay for $20

Mario wonder was retail price but it is supposed to come with a pre order bonus... even though i didnt preorder, should be here thursday?
    I wasnt going to get it but i watched MVG's review on it and i kinda changed my mind, its pretty good. Close to World but doesnt have all the little secrets World has and i am not a big fan of the badge system they have going on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A few days ago I went to a little game store that's fairly new, they didn't have any PS3 or PS4 games that sparked my interest except for one, Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto. It's some kind of Japanese VR dating sim, and on the dimly lit bottom shelf it looked like the price tag said $14.95, and for the price it was okay to buy something so weird. When the guy rang it up it came out to $44.95, and I had misread the price tag. And then I was too awkward to have him take it off because I didn't want to spend that kind of money on something so goofy (that I can't even play because (a) VR makes me sick and (b) the HDMI port on my used PS4 is about to go out and I don't want to risk unplugging it and setting up the VR breakout box again).

I found out that a bunch of PS3 games had been reprinted, including Syberia Collection, so I ordered that one off Amazon. I might have seen one copy in the couple months between getting my first PS3 and COVID lockdowns, and never again. So long ago that I forgot it existed. This one's new and sealed. I'm crawling little by little to the 700 PS3 game mark.

Today I ran into Game Over Videogames and picked up a GunCon3, the PS3 version that has the motion sensors with it so it can be played on an LCD screen. I bought the gun cheap a while ago without sensors, and it's a bitch to find those things without resorting to eBay. It was never a high priority, considering the GunCon 3 only works with two or three games. But it's nice to finally have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Earlier in the week I stopped at a few places looking for games, all I ended up buying was Bee Simulator. It was something that's been in that store for a long time, and it was cheap, so I felt the need to give it a good home.

Today I stopped at the Half Price Books headquarters of the Dallas area and was really happy to see Kamen Rider Battride War for the PS3. Then their locked glass cases were filled with really rare stuff I'd never be able to afford (I keep drooling over their copy of Shadow Warrior 2 that they're charging $200 for). Out of that case I bought NeuroVoider for the PS4.

Down the street is the Dallas headquarters store for the Movie Trading Company and I picked up Sonic Mania for the PS4. It was the only thing on the shelves that was interesting.

Yesterday I ran to the Japanese supermarket on the other side of Dallas and picked up the Pac-Man figure and the Taiko no Tatsujin drum figure out of the Gachapon arcade they have there.

Last edited by Steve W; 11-04-2023 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Dodonpachi Resurrection for switch was a preorder but i got the castlevania anniversary collection and metroid dread used from estarland.com using store credit for trade-ins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yesterday I went to a GameXchange in Mesquite, TX and didn't buy anything, but got close. They had a cardboard box full of Odyssey 2 and Colecovision games that were all boxed. They were a bit overpriced, as far as I was concerned. I would have liked to pick up 2010 The Graphic Action Game or Quest for Quintana Roo for the Colecovision, but I didn't want to spend that much.

That location has always had great retro stuff in it. I drop by a couple years ago, they've got a Japanese Saturn console next to a top-loader 3DO. You'll find odd stuff there. They used to have an original Magnavox Odyssey in the travel case with 6 "carts" they were selling for $500 which was bought up quickly. They apparently just sold a Colecovision and they had an Atari 7800 there yesterday. This is also the shop that had a glass case filled to the brim with duplicates of the same two or three APF MP-1000 cartridge games. They seem to have spread them around to all the other locations in the Dallas area.