Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Share your pickup loot and finds

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    I believe LordBBH has done a big rant on the anti-dumping of homebrew/aftermarket NeoGeo carts and how that ultimately hurts the games' availability.
    Having them limited to just a small physical print run ensures few will ever play the games.
    Not too many are going to pay hundreds of dollars for a single video game, but then even among that small group willing to pay the asking price, only a hundred copies available?
    I feel like the above game was one he specifically named.
    Should at least get them digitally released or something so that all the effort gone into making the games isn't lost on something only a hundred people being able to play it.
    I understand that perspective. I think Kraut Buster is the first game from that developer that hasn't had an inexpensive alternative. Most of their other games had Dreamcast ports, and a few got updated versions on Switch. I went the Dreamcast route on Last Hope and GunLord myself. Years ago when I pre-ordered this and the Neo Geo AES version of Xeno Crisis, I'd gotten a nice bonus and decided to splurge. Xeno Crisis is on just about every platform a person could ask for- Genesis, Dreamcast, Vita, PS4, Switch, N64, SNES, Evercade... Kraut Buster seems like one of the only Neo Geo games in the modern indie scene that's locked to the platform. I've enjoyed the game, but it doesn't honestly justify a $500 price tag and a 5 year wait. I would be willing to bet that in a year or two, they bring it to Switch, and are just giving the Neo Geo buyers some timed exclusive since just about all of us who ordered it weren't happy with the obscene wait time for a game originally slated to release in like 2017. They may as well just go ahead and release it, as it's not going to suddenly change the feeling of being burned by most people by the wait.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I believe LordBBH has done a big rant on the anti-dumping of homebrew/aftermarket NeoGeo carts and how that ultimately hurts the games' availability.
    That view is kind of faulty. Back when homebrew software was still somewhat new, there would always be a small print run of cartridges, then the ROM would be released publicly so as many people could play it as possible. Back when people made games for fun instead of trying to profit off the hobby. Mostly with the Atari 2600 several decades ago.

Having them limited to just a small physical print run ensures few will ever play the games.
    Not too many are going to pay hundreds of dollars for a single video game, but then even among that small group willing to pay the asking price, only a hundred copies available?
    I do sort of respect this if it stays limited, making the game as a collectible for collectors rather than to keep profiting endlessly on it. That's basically the issue I have with WaterMelon and their Pier Solar game. Originally the game was created by fans of the Genesis to show off the console for having a great RPG, as they were annoyed how SNES fans kept bashing the Genesis for having far less great RPGs than the SNES. They wanted to create a console exclusive made as best as possible to show off the Genesis hardware, and originally wanted a small print run to have it special for Genesis collectors. But once the game came out they saw how profitable it could be and kept reprinting the game so it wasn't really too rare anymore, and then they ported the game to the Dreamcast and Steam as well as other platforms so it wasn't a console exclusive anymore. These other releases had improved graphics and added content, so now the Genesis version was the worst version of the game. This game was created specifically to show off the Genesis and now the Genesis has the worst version of the game. It all became about money in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I do sort of respect this if it stays limited, making the game as a collectible for collectors rather than to keep profiting endlessly on it. That's basically the issue I have with WaterMelon and their Pier Solar game. Originally the game was created by fans of the Genesis to show off the console for having a great RPG, as they were annoyed how SNES fans kept bashing the Genesis for having far less great RPGs than the SNES. They wanted to create a console exclusive made as best as possible to show off the Genesis hardware, and originally wanted a small print run to have it special for Genesis collectors. But once the game came out they saw how profitable it could be and kept reprinting the game so it wasn't really too rare anymore, and then they ported the game to the Dreamcast and Steam as well as other platforms so it wasn't a console exclusive anymore. These other releases had improved graphics and added content, so now the Genesis version was the worst version of the game. This game was created specifically to show off the Genesis and now the Genesis has the worst version of the game. It all became about money in the end.
    And one of those platforms was the OUYA for crying out loud! Yeah I remember the hype for that game. I even had the Genesis version myself but it never really clicked with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I see amazon was selling leftover stock for the wonderboy anniversary collection and i had a gift card to use and i bought it quickly for ps5.Raidiant Silvergun and the Castlevania Advanced collection were preorders.Last year i sold off my gba,castlevanias so buying the collection was more convenient for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've finally been able to do some game store hunting since before Christmas. Car problems, relatives coming by for the holidays, more car problems, the flu coupled with high pollen had me stuck inside most of this time. Yesterday was the first time I was able to drive anywhere.

Picked up the Black edition of Daymare for the PS4 at a Movie Trading Company yesterday. It's not in very good shape. Today I stopped at a Half Price Books and bought Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Premium Edition for the PS4, again not in good shape. Then I went to my new favorite game store and bought Soul Hackers 2 and Final Vendetta for the PS4, both still sealed.

Movie Trading Company stores always have a lot of toys and things in them (a million freakin' Funko Pops too, ugly little things) and I nearly bought a Funko wannabe knock-off from back in the day when that was a thing, a figure of Dr. Tran. I had been watching some old Dr. Tran videos on YouTube a couple weeks ago, and I almost bought it. It's just something I don't really need, just like collectors are figuring out with all their Funko Pops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I wanted to go to the Japanese supermarket on the other side of Dallas, while I was in the area I stopped at a GameXchange and bought Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris and The Wonderful 101: Remastered for the PS4. For some reason that location has loads of Sega CD games in their case. Too bad they're too rich for my blood.

In the Japanese supermarket Bandai bought space and opened up a gashapon shop. They brought in something new this time, little figures from my favorite phone game, Battle Cats. I managed to get myself a giant Crazed Cat and a Princess Kaguya figure, and little Whale Cat, Shinobi Cat, and Lil' Bun Bun keychains. After that I got another Pac-Man figure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

In the past week or so I picked up Inside + Limbo and NERO (Nothing Ever Remains Obscure) earlier, and then today I bought Taxi Chaos and Scott Pilgrim, all for the PS4. I also noticed the Tandy Hungry Monster handheld on the shelf at Half Price Books, and it has the battery door! I haven't tried it out yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What year is the Tandy?

I found today an absolutely battered copy of F-Zero for the Super Famicom.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Its been a while since i found any thing.

few months ago i found a loose PS3 slim for $40 and a 360e for the same.
    Now that i got the 360e i am going to dump my phats and slim down my 360 collection to the ones that i am going to play.
    also i'll probably mod it so i can run all my regular xbox games off of it from the hard drive

Yesterday i sold a japanese 360, two PS2 slims and a boxed 2600 4 switch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fpbrush View Post
    What year is the Tandy?
    There's no date on it (there's no battery corrosion either!) and so I searched the serial number and it says 1982. Seems about right.

Went really far away to Game Xchanges last night and picked up Lock's Quest and Darkest Dungeon at the first location and Gravity Rush 2, Sayonara Wild Hearts (all PS4) and Sonic (PS3) at the second. I'm very, very slowly getting to the 700 PS3 game mark. I could just buy junk I don't want to play, but it's more fun to hunt down what little stuff I really do want to play that I don't have yet. I'm having to go through eBay at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I got notification from Tindie that the maker of a Powerbook 1XX replacement battery was back in stock. I snagged that puppy up quick before it sold out. My Powerbook 180 now has a BlueSCSI V2 and a new battery that actually works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A few days ago I went out to a really far away game store that's usually got something good in it, but all I bought was Kamen Rider - Memory of Heroez, a Singapore release (that would probably never get translated into English otherwise). Today I stopped at another game store that I rarely visit and picked up Antiquia Lost and House of the Dead Remake collector's edition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Totally either didn’t see it before/forgot about The Wonderful 101 on the ps4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A couple days ago I went to my second favorite game store and picked up a sealed Chaos: Child for PS4 after seeing a YouTube review of the series. I also picked up Eiyuden Chronicle Rising because there's a sword-wielding kangaroo on the cover and that's a sign of quality in my book.

Also after seeing a YouTube review of Kowloon Highschool Chronicle I ordered it off Amazon for $19.99 and it came in this morning. I like that in the waning days of the PS4 games aren't hitting the $60 mark too much any more. The weird stuff is hitting physical discs (before the online stores are gone and the games vanish forever), and at reasonable prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Went to my new favorite game store today and for some reason I went straight for the PS3 section, even though there's generally nothing there I need any more. I'm glad I did, since I picked up Arcana Heart 3 and Saint Seiya - Brave Soldiers, both European releases that never came out here (a later release called Arcana Heart 3: Love Max! did come out over here, which I have but I'm still counting this one as a different game). A couple of game stores later I came across Striker's Edge for the PS4. It looks like if you took the gameplay of Outlaw on the Atari 2600 and updated it.

I almost picked up a cheap copy of Tom Clancy's The Division entirely in Japanese. I have Tom Clancy games exclusively in Korean and French already, I thought Japanese would be an interesting companion. Maybe on the next visit to that store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Over the past few days I went game hunting. Yesterday I went to work only to find out they changed my schedule yet again without telling me, so I took off and hit a GameXchange store. I picked up the PS3 Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack and Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!. A couple days before I stopped at a game store and picked up Omen of Sorrow for the PS4 - it looks a lot like a Castlevania-styled fighting game. And I ordered Super Stardust Ultra VR for the PS4 off Amazon, and when it showed up I was shocked to find it's entirely in Polish. I assumed because it's a European release it would be multi-language.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

having another one of my classic dry spells.

I broke down and finally just bought mario kart 8 for the switch, new, the other day and also a PS4 star wars game for $3 at a goodwill as-is store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm on vacation this week, and today was the first day where I didn't constantly sleep and got myself out of bed before dark. Went to the Half Price Books Dallas headquarters and bought Tokyo 42 sealed for the PS4, a really interesting game where you play a tiny character in an isometric-ish city assassinating people. I was worried because most of the text on the box is in German except for a few blurbs on the back. But it plays entirely in English.

At the Movie Trading Company headquarters down the street, I bought a European version of Dragonball Xenoverse for the PS3. I'm getting so close to the 700 PS3 game mark. I also saw that they got in new official Sony PS3 controllers, I thought Sony wasn't even bothering with that anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I headed out to game store hunt while dodging traffic jams all afternoon. So many traffic jams. Went to a place with loads of Japanese PS3 games (marked up a little too high in my opinion) where I bought Super Robot Wars OG Infinite Battle & Dark Prison. They had a copy of Saint Seiya Sanctuary Battle which I would have bought if it didn't look seriously water damaged. Went to a Half Price Books that is really far away and bought Shanghai Triple Threat for the 3DO - just the jewel case/disc and the long box instruction manual, but no original long box.

Stopped at a GameXchange and bought 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rift for the PS4, and two boxed APF MP-1000 cartridges, Poker and Brickdown/Shooting Gallery. They had several copies of those two games, and the sales person got so excited that somebody finally showed interest in them after they've been there for a year he tried to cut me a deal to buy all of them, and I had to tell him over and over I only wanted two of them, not a pile of duplicates. They used to charge $40 each for them, they knocked them down to $5 so I could justify buying them without actually owning the console they go to.

When I got home a copy of Robotics: Notes Double Pack for the PS4 came in from Amazon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Winding down the last of my vacation week, I went to my favorite game store and picked up Future Unfolding, Wreckfest, and Kitaria Fables for the PS4. At a Half Price Books I picked up Untitled Goose Game. And from Amazon I bought Harvest Moon: Mad Dash.