Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Remake for Nintendo Switch

  1. #1
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    198
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Cool Panzer Dragoon Remake for Nintendo Switch

    "Panzer Dragoon: Remake (Forever Entertainment, 26th Mar, 22.49 / 24.99 / $24.99) - On a far, lone planet, you encounter two dragons awakened from the ancient times. Armed with a deadly gun from the past, and the guidance of your armored blue dragon, you must fulfill your destiny and keep the Prototype Dragon from reaching the Tower, or die trying."

    LRG will be publishing tangible copies of Panzer Dragoon: Remake soon in two variants - regular Switch and "SEGA Saturn" Switch.

    Screenshots:
    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...remake-switch/

    Launch trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/oYPRh7epKi4

    Some gameplay:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNMS9bMX60Q

    Further reading:
    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...on_coming_soon

  2. #2
    Bell (Level 8)
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,754
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

    Default

    Thats one of those games that goes for way more money than Id ever be willing to pay and Im glad they are making a legal, licensed physical copy of it for people who dont have an unlimited amount of money to spend on toys

  3. #3
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,274
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    Thats one of those games that goes for way more money than Id ever be willing to pay and Im glad they are making a legal, licensed physical copy of it for people who dont have an unlimited amount of money to spend on toys
    It's the remake version though.

  4. #4
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,331
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
    Thats one of those games that goes for way more money than Id ever be willing to pay and Im glad they are making a legal, licensed physical copy of it for people who dont have an unlimited amount of money to spend on toys
    This isn't Panzer Dragoon Saga, it's Panzer Dragoon. I thought the original game wasn't that expensive for the Saturn, or did the pricing change since I last checked prices?

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Aussie2B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,916
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

    Default

    Looks like CIB US Saturn copies usually go for $70-$80. Around $40 for a loose disc. Basically any US Saturn game that's got a good reputation (and some that don't) goes for a decent chunk of change these days.

    From what I hear, the remake has been getting mixed reviews. Supposedly has a lot of issues, like with the frame rate and such. I'm not surprised LRG is doing the physical release. These days, they seem to often put out versions of games that are pretty buggy and broken, like the Switch versions of a number of IFI games.

  6. #6
    Great Puma (Level 12) YoshiM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    4,216
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YoshiDM
    PSN
    YoshiDM
    3DS Friend
    0860-4642-4923

    Default

    I'll stick with playing it off the Panzer Dragoon Orta disc on my softmodden Xboxes.

  7. #7
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,331
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Looks like CIB US Saturn copies usually go for $70-$80. Around $40 for a loose disc. Basically any US Saturn game that's got a good reputation (and some that don't) goes for a decent chunk of change these days.
    Last I was aware complete copies were selling for around $10-$20 or so, it seems I really am out of touch with current Saturn prices. There's still lots of games I'm hoping to get but it doesn't look like I'll be able to afford them anytime soon.

  8. #8
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Tron 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,776
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Last I was aware complete copies were selling for around $10-$20 or so, it seems I really am out of touch with current Saturn prices. There's still lots of games I'm hoping to get but it doesn't look like I'll be able to afford them anytime soon.
    It's mostly the u.s version of panzer dragoon 1&2 that are expensive now while the japanese ones are still cheaper in price.Same can be said for saga too.

  9. #9
    Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Gameguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ontario (Canada)
    Posts
    7,331
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    It's mostly the u.s version of panzer dragoon 1&2 that are expensive now while the japanese ones are still cheaper in price.Same can be said for saga too.
    I'm pretty sure I had North American copies at some point, excluding Saga. I didn't bother keeping them as I personally didn't get into the games much. I remember playing the games, at least the first Panzer Dragoon, which is why I think I owned copies at some point. Back when you could still find Saturn games at thrifts or from classifieds for cheap. I'm just surprised I can't clearly remember owning or selling them as I usually remember this stuff with games pretty well.

    There's nothing wrong with buying Japanese copies to save money except they would be a bit difficult to run on US hardware and they're in Japanese instead of English. There's a lot of games where I'm just waiting to find proper English copies just so I can understand them better, they're mostly still all cheap in Japan.

  10. #10
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Tron 2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,776
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I'm pretty sure I had North American copies at some point, excluding Saga. I didn't bother keeping them as I personally didn't get into the games much. I remember playing the games, at least the first Panzer Dragoon, which is why I think I owned copies at some point. Back when you could still find Saturn games at thrifts or from classifieds for cheap. I'm just surprised I can't clearly remember owning or selling them as I usually remember this stuff with games pretty well.

    There's nothing wrong with buying Japanese copies to save money except they would be a bit difficult to run on US hardware and they're in Japanese instead of English. There's a lot of games where I'm just waiting to find proper English copies just so I can understand them better, they're mostly still all cheap in Japan.
    Knowing japanese of course only matters for the jpn version of saga if you want to know the story etc.Japanese,Panzer Dragoon 1&2 are pretty much straight up rail shooters so knowing the language isn't a must at least.Though it's weird when the saturn ended by the late 90's the u.s version of panzer dragoon 1&2,were fairly cheap.Where is today the sega saturn has become collectable especially it's u.s releases.For the panzer dragoon remake there's talk of it getting a patch to address the controller issues.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 03-30-2020 at 11:54 AM.

  11. #11
    Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,002
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    I've been holding my Panzer Dragoon games since the mid 2000s, before prices got crazy. I was tempted by the classic edition over at LRG, but I rationalized with myself thinking I already have Panzer Dragoon games in real Saturn cases and wasn't worth the extra $20. I did order a standard copy though.

    It does seem like most Saturn games you just really can't get cheap anymore period. I feel they are probably one of the hardest systems to find games in the wild for. Even if you do find them, it's usually the same sports titles with maybe a copy of Robotica or Daytona. I was actively collecting for Saturn and was watching Mega Man 8 go from a $40 game to a $200 in real time. I had actually just bought Mega Man X4 for saturn for $35 as probably the last time I would ever see low prices on Saturn games, because they all went up and stayed there after that. It made me take a break from collecting for a while but I got back into it within the past few years or so.

  12. #12
    Get Ready! SpaceHarrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Fantasy Zone, California
    Posts
    1,618
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    They added the new soundtrack in an update. It's.. interesting. I much prefer the original.

    While I like the remake, I agree with all the criticisms I've seen of it, including:

    The dragon bobs up and down wildly, making it difficult to know where your hit box is
    The lock on seems to be way too fussy, sometimes requiring multiple passes over an enemy to catch (I turned down the sensitivity to 85 to at least make it somewhat more reliable)
    The camera is in way too close by default (you can push it out with the right stick, however)
    There is a very noticeable 1/2 second delay between pushing a button to change your view to the sides to when it actually changes (I adjusted to this quickly enough, but ..why? It's been a long time since I played the original, I dont remember this kind of button lag)
    very noticeable frame-rate drops at times (the worst I noticed was during the Episode 4 boss, for some reason)
    Seems to be a very bare-bones release (though you can unlock some cheat menu options after you beat the game on Hard difficulty)

    In addition, I'll add that the shadow quality is distractingly low quality and flickery (PC port will hopefully mend this)

    I had some fun with it, despite the issues. Maybe not $24.99 fun. I'm supporting in hopes that Zwei actually follows, as I missed out on that one.

  13. #13
    Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Ryudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    508
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

    Default

    I opted for the LRG copy. So be a while before I play.



    Life!? ... What console is that on?

Similar Threads

  1. Panzer Dragoon Saga
    By Schlabayzell in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 09:44 PM
  2. Panzer Dragoon...
    By Half Cab Leroy in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 02:31 AM
  3. FA: Panzer Dragoon Saga + others
    By peeingas in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 12:08 AM
  4. $228.45 for Panzer Dragoon Saga!?!
    By wisekrak in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 04:41 PM
  5. want a Panzer Dragoon box?
    By Kid Ice in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •