Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evercade by Blaze

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze Announced Indie Heroes Collection 1 in October. It has 14 games from 10 Indie Developers. The Indie Games were released on GBA, NES, Gameboy, and 16 bit games.

The games are the following:
    Doodle World
    Twin Dragons
    FoxyLand
    Debtor
    Alien Cat 2
    Deadeus
    Anguna
    Super Homebrew War
    Flea
    Uchusen
    Ploid
    Kubo 3
    Quest Arrest
    Chain Break

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7th lutz For This Useful Post:

Nz17 (11-05-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Found out that Jaleco Collection 1 and Piko Interactive Collection 2 will be released on April 1, 2021 according to Blaze Entertainment.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7th lutz For This Useful Post:

Nz17 (11-05-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Worms Collection 1 got announced for Evercade.

The 3 games on the collection are Worms, Worms Armageddon, and Worms Blast!. Blaze announced Worms Collection 1 will be coming out in May 2021. The version of Worms is the 16 bit version. Worms Armageddon is the PS1 version and Worms Blast! is the GBA version.

There is also information about able to play multiple players for Worms Armageddon. According to Blaze, you can play 4 players by passing the Evercade system around.

It also was announced today that the collection will be released in May 2021.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 11-17-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I know its been over a month, but there was nothing to mention on the Evercade for announcements.

Blaze did a 1 hour question and answer session on Friday on Twitter. I'm giving some of the highlights to the answers.

Blaze wants 16 game cartridge to be released in 2021 besides the 14 that are released this year. They also said they want Evercade to have a total of over 350 games at the end of 2021.

They said arcade games are likely to come on Evercade during Quarter 3 2021.

Accessories are going to be worked for 2021.

Blaze said they are working a title to be translated for Evercade, but didn't say the name of the title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Codemaster Collection 1 has been announced for Evercade. The Collection has Nes, and Sega Genesis games.

Here is a link to the list of games: https://www.evercade.co.uk/codemaste...n-1-cartridge/

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 7th lutz View Post
    Codemaster Collection 1 has been announced for Evercade. The Collection has Nes, and Sega Genesis games.

Here is a link to the list of games: https://www.evercade.co.uk/codemaste...n-1-cartridge/
    Hmm, that "unreleased" tennis game looks one heck of a lot like Pete Sampras Tennis for Sega Genesis. One suspects it's the same game with the license stripped out, though if they're clever, perhaps they also enabled PST's hidden world tour mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Hmm, that "unreleased" tennis game looks one heck of a lot like Pete Sampras Tennis for Sega Genesis. One suspects it's the same game with the license stripped out, though if they're clever, perhaps they also enabled PST's hidden world tour mode.
    Blaze Entertainment did have an explanation for that. Pete Sampras Tennis started its life as Tennis All-Stars, but it was changed and modified.

I also do known that Evercade's Piko Interactive Collection 2 has 3 sports games that changed their name of the title due to not having the license.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Worms Collection 1 and Indie Heroes Collection 1 will be released on May 28th, 2021.

Those 2 collections also can be pre-order right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze Entertainment announced Intellivision Collection 1 for fall of 2021. They confirmed Astrosmash, Nigh Stalker, Frog Bog and 9 other titles. The 9 other titles will be announced in the coming months before Collection comes out.

They also did announce Intellivision Collection 2 for 2022. They did not say what the games will be in the 2nd collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze today announced Evercade VS, but didn't give any information. They will be giving information or something about it on April 23rd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze announced Mega Cat Studios Collection 2 last week and is now ready to be pre-ordered. Codemasters Collection also can be pre-ordered.

Here a link to a list of Mega Cat Studios Collection 2 games:
    https://www.evercade.co.uk/mega-cat-...n-2-cartridge/

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

When I first heard of Evercade VS, I figured it would just be a way for two Evercades to play together with a multi-tap device. I never would have guessed it would be a stand alone console with 4 USB controller ports that ditched the portable aspect altogether. Not only does the Evercade VS eschew portability, it replaces the portbles 1.2Ghz ARM Quad Core processor with a 1.5 Ghz Quad Core processor backed by 512MB of DRAM and 4GB of internal storage. The Evercade VS outputs a full HD resolution 1080p vs the portables 720p. It's backwards compatible with entire Evercade library of games except for the Namco Collections, which were only licensed for portable use from Namco. How the Evercade VS prevents them from playing, I have no clue. Evercade is promising that all collections going forward will work on both systems. Looking at the Evercade library, it seemed obvious that the portable could handle 8/16 bit games. I wasn't sure if it could handle 32 bit games. I wonder if compatibility between the two systems will limit the more robust VS console.

I pre-order the Evercade portable with it's full library of cartridges available at the time from Funstock in the UK early in 2020. Was notified in March of a shipping delay (possibly COVID related) and cancelled my pre-order. I vaguely remember fearing this thing could end up being vaporware. I used my refund to purchase a $500 Analogue Nt Mini Noir which I don't regret. When I got around to re-ordering the in stock Evercade portable system in fall of last year from VGP Video Games Plus in Canada, I was hoping that I could purchase the entire game library with one region code. Evercade struck me as being a European product, so I hoped to get a PEGI rating on the front of each game case. Alas, it was not to be no matter how hard I searched. Some have PEGI ratings and some don't without rhyme or reason. The collector in me wasn't happy, but ces't la vie. At least it doesn't show from the spine.

I don't have an Evercade to have a new way to play retro games. What interested me were the collections of Indie games that I could play inexpensively on a HD TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The entire list of Intellivision Collection 1 games was announced on OEB Pete's youtube channel this morning.

Here is the list of game:

Night Stalker
    Thin Ice
    Thunder Castle
    Shark Shark
    Princess Quest - homebrew Intellivision game
    Frog Bog
    Snafu
    Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey
    Pinball
    Buzz Bombers
    Word Rockets - originally known as Word Fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

OEB Pete had Blaze Entertainment's Sean Cleaver on his channel for more than revealing Intellivision 1 Collection. There was some stuff revealed on it.

Team 17 Collection 2 is not in the works currently.

Namco Arcade collection does not seem to be in the works right now. Blaze wants the 2 Namco Collections to be on the Evercade VS, but is not currently due to contract terms.

There is at least 2 arcade collections announcements this month.

There will be different packs for the Evercade VS. Including a Collector's Edition. More details will be mentioned later this month on the different packs including what games will be packed in. There is a little bit details on the different types of packs on a different live stream that happened Friday Night from a different youtube channel.

There are games license that are worked or signed already for 2022 with a possibility of some of them being moved up.

There is some Evercade merchandise being planned like T-shirts, and Evercade VS case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

PDubs Arcade Loft youtube channel had Andrew Byatt and Ryan of Blaze Entertainment on their Friday night stream. There was some information given.

There will be a firmware update with the Evercade handheld including emulation.

Arcade collection is going to an Evercade VS pack-in game. Those two did not mention the name of the Collection because they will be announcing a total of 5 game collections before May 28th.

Hidden stuff will be in Evercade VS by putting 2 carts in the Evercade at once including secret games.

Blaze is looking at putting modern retro games on Evercade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze Entertainment announced Bitmap Brothers Collection 1 for Evercade. Blaze confirmed the versions of the games. Here are the games:

Chaos Engine(known as Soldier of Fortune in North America - SNES version
    Xenon 2 : Megablast - Genesis version
    Speedball - SMS version
    Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe - Genesis Version
    Speedball 2100 - Playstation version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blaze announced Worms Collection 1 and Indie Heroes Collection 1 has been delayed to July 30th, 2021.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Technos Arcade 1, Data East arcade 1, Gaelco Arcade 1, and Atari Arcade 1 were announced last night and supposed to come out in November.

Here is a list of Technos Arcade 1 games:
    Battle Lane Vol. 5
    Block Out
    The Cambatribes
    Double Dragon II: The Revenge
    Double Dragon III: The Rosetta Stone
    Mania Challenge
    Minky Monkey
    Mysterious Stones: Dr. John's Adventure

Here is a list of Data East Arcade 1 games:
    Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja
    Breakthru
    Burgertime
    Chain Reaction
    Dark Seal
    Darwin 4078
    Lock'n chase
    Sly Spy
    TumblePop
    Wizard Fire
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 05-18-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Here is a list of Gaelco Arcade 1 games:
    Alligator Hunt
    Biomechanical Toy
    Glass
    Snow Board Championship
    Thunder Hoop
    World Rally

Here is Atari Arcade 1 games:
    Asteroids Deluxe
    Canyon Bomber
    Centipede
    Crystal Castles
    Liberator
    Lunar Lander
    Millipede
    Missile Command
    Night Driver
    Pong
    Sky Diver
    Super Breakout
    Warlords
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 05-18-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

There is not supposed to be more games released for Evercade/Evercade this year after the arcade game collections come out in November according to Blaze. The only other information known from this point on this year will be the Evercade VS. bundles, any collection date charges, game for 2022, and if there is evercade Merchandise released.