Quote Originally Posted by gbpxl View Post
Yes Brazilians may not have had as many choices but still, if they enjoy playing 8 bit games well into the 2000s, it stands to reason that non-Brazilians would as well, more choices notwithstanding.
Sorry, you can't just discount very relevant things (like more choices) because you didn't want to account for them.

I cant comment on the "untranslated" thing, I have no idea what youre even referring to or why you think someone would be saying that they shouldnt translate games.
[facepalm]

Okay, let me try to explain this very slowly.

Your statement was "if they like a thing in other parts of the world, they'll like it in America."

I was attempting to show how silly that thought process was by pointing out the most obvious example of something that would not fly in America.

I was hoping that if you can see it in one case, you'd start to see it in others as well. But apparently you've got this segmented way of thinking where Subject A is Subject A and never has any overlap at all with other subjects. Just letting you know now... this isn't normal. Most people can see overlap between subjects in a field.

(or, to use a metaphor: most people who learn its bad to get into accidents with other cars also assume its just as bad to get into accidents involving trucks, diesels or airplanes).

I think a lot of people dont realize how popular vintage games are. Old video game tech has seen a resurgence lately in the same way that vinyl has. people drop thousands of dollars on old cartridges and to this day, Super Mario Bros for the NES still sells online every day
Oh people DO realize, and this is why you see retro-style games, but as for whole new games for old hardware? Well, that actually happens as well (look up Gunlord or Sydney Hunter)... its just that its understood these are gonna be niche products primarily for collectors, not something with mass market appeal.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because WE would buy these things, that everyone would.