Okay, so this one's kind of borderline on Classic and Modern Gaming. This company got its greatest infamy on the Wii, but it's been about 13 years now and the company itself has been out of business for over 8 years.

Apparently, this company published dozens of Wii games around 2007-2008, a May 27, 2008 article stated that they'd published 62 Wii games in less than a year - that's more than one a week. They were founded in 1983 and seem to have been a respectable developer in the '80s and '90s, but in their last years were a company that made games so bad and so numerous that they made LJN look like a master game developer who put lots of care and thought into their games. DDI's games weren't "a mixed bag", they weren't "mediocre", these were games that almost invariably got 0's, 1's, 2's, and maybe a lucky 3 on occasion on 0-10 scales. Think Superman 64 bad.

Their most well-known take a Wii is Ninjabread Man, launched in fall 2007, and if it looked several years old when it hit store shelves, it was: it started life as a PS2 game that looked bad even by the standards of that console. And they copied it. A lot. And that's how DDI made its business. Make one shitty game that takes less than an hour to beat, and put a few different coats of paint on it. BAM! A few different games. I've never seen another company try to do this, at least to nearly the scale DDI did.

I'm lucky that my mom never got ripped off by DDI. She has an eye for quality and prefers paying more for something good, and hates cheap junk. So, I never got DDI games, though I did get a Wii the first Christmas it was out. I was also a teenager when DDI was crapping all over the Wii library, and many of their games were marketed to kids. So, people a few years younger than me, born in the late '90s and early '00s, probably got it worst in regards to DDI. I'd love to hear from them.

Please, watch Rerez's video over DDI, it's hilarious and very informative.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/..._US_Office.php

Rerez' video on DDI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSstGmk6D58