Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
If you're using a Retron 3, are there any compatibility issues with The Little Mermaid? Some games might not be fully compatible for whatever reason so it actually might not be dead.

If you're going to use an eprom you could solder in a socket so the eprom would be easily removable, then you could reprogram it to play different homebrews or fan translations in the future. I would personally just keep the board to repair a different game with an actual faulty board, like if you bought a faulty Tengen game for cheap. I really can't remember hearing The Little Mermaid having reliability issues, I'll have to search this to find more info.

Personally I don't like the idea of just using an eprom to make a working Little Mermaid as you're essentially making a counterfeit game that's not easy to detect as everything else is legitimate, it just bothers me when counterfeit games are so easily floating around. Obviously you can still do it though it's a lot of work over The Little Mermaid. I assume you have a complete copy with a nice label. It may be cheaper to buy a working loose cart with a bad label than a correct eprom, then just swap the boards to have a nice complete working copy. It's been awhile since I looked at pricing but I thought The Little Mermaid was a cheap common game.
i did try both a model 1 and model 2 genesis and got the samething, as for the label no its trash