More than ever, I'm finding it tough to squeeze game time into my busy life, so when I do, I often can only spare as little as 5-15 minutes at a time. I'm stubborn and want to keep playing original games on original hardware, so that rules out save states, but I want more variety than just, say, puzzle games, yet I also don't want to repeat level 1 or whatever endlessly. So I'd love to find a website with info like the following on retro games:

- Does the game have no way to retain progress? If so, does it at least have a stage select code that can be used to resume where I last left off (even if it's with fewer lives/items/etc.)?

- Does the game have passwords?

- Does the game save to the cart? If so, can you save at any time or only at specific save points? If you can save at any time, is it a hard save or a temp save? Bonus points if there's also info on the save format, as it's nice to know if a battery might die on me versus EEPROM or Flash memory, though this mostly only comes into play with N64 and GBA games, from my understanding.

So does anybody know of any resource where you can look up a game and get this kind of info?