Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The end is nigh. Anybody else making some last-minute purchases before both eShops close tomorrow? I don't have a Wii U myself, but I do have some funds on my 3DS that I need to spend. I added the funds with a Nintendo gift card prior to them disabling that option and spent most of what I had a while back, but I've been waffling on what to do with the last 16-some bucks on there. I'll probably grab a couple of games from Level-5's Guild series, but there is a nice Capcom sale going on. Nice discount on Gurumin 3D too, but I played through that on PSP just recently. I wish more publishers were doing a last-minute sale, but I guess they figure FOMO will make people buy even at full price.

It is still possible to add funds if you want, but I don't know the exact details of it. I've never made a Nintendo Network ID, but if you have one and link your system to it, you can add funds online or via Switch or whatever and then those funds will be available on your linked 3DS/Wii U as well. Sometime like that. If I'm getting any of the specifics wrong, feel free to correct me.

This is also the end of the Virtual Console service. Pretty sizable run from 2006 to 2023. I'm sad to see it go, since I much prefer the idea of a one-time purchase than having to pay a subscription. Plus, there's so much that appeared on the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U via Virtual Console that isn't available on Switch. So many of these games are going back to only being available legally via old secondhand physical copies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aussie2B For This Useful Post:

Tron 2.0 (03-27-2023)