Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E-Shop for 3DS and Wii-U to be closed by 2023

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The problem with the closing of 3DS ( or even Wii U ) and Wii online shops is that it is a system that people brought into. Believing their purchase would be respected and they would be able to go it with there hardware. As with Googleplay/AppleStore/Microsoft Store which allows you to DLC anything you already purchase forever. Same with a fee-based subscription simular to a Golf-Course, Adobe-products, and so forth allows you to install on as many devices you want to.

The biggest problem with all is when hardware makers ( like Lenova lying about viruses and earlier hardware ) wants to make sales. When you the consumer find loop-holles ( like how you could take
    a Labtop from 2016 and use an external GPU ) many of these software manifacturers will slowly put up barriers ( make it impossible or limit your usage, or just do not support the feature ( even if it is fully
    supported ).

Like saying "hey my Wii works, why not just allow me to make digital purchases without forcing me to upgrade via a Homebrew app.

Nintendo is like ....nah that is not how we roll. Just purchase a Switch already. We do not even care if you modify the darn thing, just keep your DLC outside our networks otherwise we will brick-you and you will have a Brick-U..

The truth is that these manifactruers do not rspect us ( the consumers, players, fans, etc ) at all. Especially the fact we are not Japanese. To make things worst is when you have people in the videogame-market-place making promises and lying through there teeth to produce garbage,
    like that woman and her Android gaming device that turned out to be Wannabe Chinar-ware junk.

The shops should stay open and companies like Nintendo and Microsoft should promote making
    sales on these various hardware along with promoting connectivity.

Not just "buy the Switch II it will be great, look you could run Linux. Android, and Wine on it."

Especially when you have phones out there that are way more powerful. Or even if the fact that
    Apple literally keeps making desktops that are literally after-market chips. There goes the next generation of gaming. Might as well get an apple M3 M4 and emulate whatever game system
    that comes next. Dress it up like a NES and call it a day.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If people came into the 3DS/Wii U expecting that fucking Nintendo was going to respect them on anything other than 'please spend more money', then a system shut down isn't their biggest problem.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think Nintendo died when Reggie left.
    At this point the Switch ( or II ) is just another
    device to install Linux on, at this point. I truly wish
    they would just slying install a SIM card reader and not
    tell anybody about it.

I get there method of thinking. We make console games because we sell "what should be" amazing hardware despite literally not competing with Apple, when they know they could ( but do not have the leadership or direction to even attempt such a thing ).

At least they are not SEGA ( via Sammy ).