Thread: A Tribute to the Windows 95 Era for the SEGA Genesis is Here, New and Old Music Included!

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default A Tribute to the Windows 95 Era for the SEGA Genesis is Here, New and Old Music Included!

This software is also being sold as a cart for the SEGA Genesis - see the link at the end of the quote.

Unlock the potential of your Sega console with mikeyeldey95.

Relive the experience of 90s computing and the early Internet in this all-new game for the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive. The ROM file is available for free below for all to enjoy. My preferred emulator for playing it on PC is Kega Fusion.

Features:

Over 20 original mikeyeldey songs
    Desktop user interface and Start Menu application launcher
    5 Minigames:
    3D Maze – A familiar classic comes to the Sega Genesis.
    Ambulance – Arcade traffic weaving game. Ring the siren and floor the gas pedal for double points!
    FlappyMike – Carefully steer the propeller-beanie through the pipes.
    Hacky Sack – How long can you keep it bouncing?
    Reflex – Be fast on the buttons as music speeds up.
    7 Visualizers, including bouncing cards and flying toasters
    Customize your experience with selectable desktop wallpapers and colour palettes
    Interactive Internet browser and email inbox simulator
    ME-DOS Mode, featuring 8-bit PSG chip bonus tracks

The soundtrack is available on all streaming services. Unlike my first Sega game where I adapted an existing piece of music to the hardware, the music for mikeyeldey95 was composed for the console outright.

The ROM file should work on any Sega Genesis emulator on PC, mobile, or where ever you enjoy retro gaming. It is compatible on both NTSC and PAL systems.

Cartridges sold at https://mikeyeldey.bandcamp.com/
    Download the ROM here (name your price): https://mikeyeldey.itch.io/mikeyeldey95

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This made me smile.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I think it's designed for humor just as much as it is to actually replicate Windows 95. Nice.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Same thing with Peir solar and all of these games, I would prefer to know how these games are being built....

Beyond that what I think about this whole experience is the "Internet" options. I really wish browsing all websites was like this. I mean the limited but readable graphics. It is just so amazing. If you could make a webpage that runs on the Dreamcast or even Sega Saturn then thumbs up.

1. Beyond that I am not digging the fact that their are references to Windows XP in this at all. It just seems this person could have actually made a game out of this but instead worked this into being a sound-track. Again the whole point is the sound track and to show off his awesomeness? If he had made a bob-simulation ( Bob the GUI that would run on Compaq computers above Win95 ) that would be over-kill.

2. I assume he used something like Def-mask ( the free tool that is no longer free that you could make videogame music on for various systems ) to make the sound track.

3. Beyond that I would assume he has some kind of advice on coding or an actual compiler being used or built ????

Again I have to give this guy props for his creation. He deserves somebody to purchase his stuff ( the physical $20 copies ). I mean #$@$$Ing amazing. I got look more into this person. But again thumbs up.

The consu-mon inside of me is burning with glee....the responsible person on the other hand has the iced towel keeping me down.