Thread: Wii U mods,any one done these?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Pr3tty F1y's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I modded mine forever ago and only recently got back into it.

GBATemp was a great place to find guides at the time, but I'm really not sure what's in-date/out of date there now.

I recently used hacks.guide for modding a 2DS and it worked really well. I haven't used the Wii U counter part, but here's a link https://wiiu.hacks.guide/

Truthfully, that looks like a better setup than I have as I currently boot my Wii U, run Hakchi (holding B on the gamepad), and then it reloads the Wii U menu with the digital signature checks patched out so that anything you add just loads. It looks like that guide above can autoboot into the patched environment.

I will say that the Wii U environment/tools still doesn't seem to be as well supported/built out as the 3DS environment/tools that I used for my 2DS (likely due to that system being insanely popular and the Wii U fizzling out), but the Wii U tools are functional and I've been able to load up my Wii U with a 1Tb USB SSD (using a power-splitter cord where it uses two USB ports, one for data+power and one for power to plug into the SSD enclosure to provide it with enough power).

I recently added "forwarders" (i.e., a title on the menu that forwards either into vWii mode or the Wii VC mode - there are pluses/minuses to either), but there are apps that can be ran to prevent the Wii U from downclocking the CPU when going into Wii mode so that things like the Wii Playstation emulator will run at full speed (there is no native Wii U PS1 emulator that I know of). I just wanted to run Castlevania: SotN on my TV again, it's been great so far.
    Last edited by Pr3tty F1y; 02-06-2023 at 07:21 AM.