Thread: Sort of suprised at the lack of interest in the Analogue Duo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I am going to be honest here. Looking at this is like looking at opening a bank account.
    What are my options?
    Do I need this in my life?
    Are there any bonus features?

Reggie Philis ( etc name please correct ) in his book breifly talked about "the culture". That got me thinking. His previous CEO positions and current ones, and taking a hard look at these products and where they are at now.

Dominos - is allowing marketing of Black ( African American ) + LGBT ( Homosexual ) inside an Anime.
    Nintendo - new CEO basically is saying "We need more sales".

Back to the culture. When I see a woman who clearly needs to go to an eye-check-up, with her hair held back, and clearly is fat, living inside of a NYCHA building, making NYCHA complaints. I think why does this woman with some kind of "Anime-shirt" on have any sense to go to the doctor about her eye condition.

I apologize if I make somebody depressed.

What does this have to do with this PC-Engine machine. Granted yes it looks auwsome and I want it.

However the deal is this. I have a real PC-engine, and a real CD-rom system2, and back up save cards and devices. Granted yes in order to keep the saves inside the PC-Engine functioning you have to keep it plugged in 24/7 ( with that big "yamato" AC Adapter which I could use a smaller sine version of ). I own the physical copy of Castlevania and even purchase fake discs just to test them.

Here is the deal.

1) Make it look like a SNES/NES/Famicom design.
    2) Make a licensed copy of thriller with the unlicensed version on the PC-engine
    3) Make sure we can use an NES/SNES/Genesis, etc light-gun. Even if the gun has to use the wii-bar,
    or Superscope, or the Master-system light-gun ( like with Zillion second controller ), or Saturn-light-gun
    ( like with Scud Disposable Assassin ), and make sure it could work with Triller.
    4) Make sure their is a composite AV or RF out for this lightgun or Wii-bar plug-in for Wii-mote in light-gun mode, or even the SNES Super-scope RF ( Wii-bar same thing ?? ).

They ( whoever made this ) might as well make a Gunpei-express gaming system and allow us to play
    Gameboy and Wonderswan games. Might as well include the ability to use NES and SNES, or even Genesis games, to PS1-PS3, and Saturn, 32X, and blah blah. See my problem here?

Okay you ( whoever ) made a game system. Yeaaahhhhhh!!!! I mean part of me would jump on this. I own PC-engine games and would like to play some Turbo games and the SuperGrafx all in one. Then
    the other me says ( in the back of mind whispering )

"It is not the original hardware"

That is where I pull back. Giant Gameboy that looks like a gameboy I could hump like a dog or rabbit in heat. Okay ++ Sexy Slim Gameboy Koisk with BrainBoy backup features. Okay ++ But when you have another gameboy and another gameboy and no backup features for my pokemon. Why?

Insert Picardo Face-Palm

I see why somebody would buy this but right now I am comfortable with my current setup.
    Ned Flanders would buy this for Ned Flanders reason, but I would rather be Moe on this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gametrek View Post
    I am going to be honest here. Looking at this is like looking at opening a bank account.
    What are my options?
    Do I need this in my life?
    Are there any bonus features?

Reggie Philis ( etc name please correct ) in his book breifly talked about "the culture". That got me thinking. His previous CEO positions and current ones, and taking a hard look at these products and where they are at now.

Dominos - is allowing marketing of Black ( African American ) + LGBT ( Homosexual ) inside an Anime.

Back to the culture. When I see a woman who clearly needs to go to an eye-check-up, with her hair held back, and clearly is fat, living inside of a NYCHA building, making NYCHA complaints. I think why does this woman with some kind of "Anime-shirt" on have any sense to go to the doctor about her eye condition.

I apologize if I make somebody depressed.

What does this have to do with this PC-Engine machine. Granted yes it looks auwsome and I want it.

However the deal is this. I have a real PC-engine, and a real CD-rom system2, and back up save cards and devices. Granted yes in order to keep the saves inside the PC-Engine functioning you have to keep it plugged in 24/7 ( with that big "yamato" AC Adapter which I could use a smaller sine version of ). I own the physical copy of Castlevania and even purchase fake discs just to test them.

Here is the deal.

1) Make it look like a SNES/NES/Famicom design.
    2) Make a licensed copy of thriller with the unlicensed version on the PC-engine
    3) Make sure we can use an NES/SNES/Genesis, etc light-gun. Even if the gun has to use the wii-bar,
    or Superscope, or the Master-system light-gun ( like with Zillion second controller ), or Saturn-light-gun
    ( like with Scud Disposable Assassin ), and make sure it could work with Triller.
    4) Make sure their is a composite AV or RF out for this lightgun or Wii-bar plug-in for Wii-mote in light-gun mode, or even the SNES Super-scope RF ( Wii-bar same thing ?? ).

They ( whoever made this ) might as well make a Gunpei-express gaming system and allow us to play
    Gameboy and Wonderswan games. Might as well include the ability to use NES and SNES, or even Genesis games, to PS1-PS3, and Saturn, 32X, and blah blah. See my problem here?

Okay you ( whoever ) made a game system. Yeaaahhhhhh!!!! I mean part of me would jump on this. I own PC-engine games and would like to play some Turbo games and the SuperGrafx all in one. Then
    the other me says ( in the back of mind whispering )

"It is not the original hardware"

That is where I pull back. Giant Gameboy that looks like a gameboy I could hump like a dog or rabbit in heat. Okay ++ Sexy Slim Gameboy Koisk with BrainBoy backup features. Okay ++ But when you have another gameboy and another gameboy and no backup features for my pokemon. Why?

Insert Picardo Face-Palm

I see why somebody would buy this but right now I am comfortable with my current setup.
    Ned Flanders would buy this for Ned Flanders reason, but I would rather be Moe on this one.
    Half the time i can't figure out what you're saying on these long winded post.Dude settle down you're gonna have a heart attack at the rate you're going currently.You can brag all you want about having original hardware but it won't last forever.Analogue is just giving fans a option if they don't feel like messing with the maintenance or price of owning the original.Heck,i few years ago i had to have the turbo-cd gears replaced and recapped because the unit broke down and i'll be glad when i'll sell it finally to.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

I'm not sure what the big deal is? Frankly I was under the impression that everything Analogue produced was "jailbroken" out of the box. I feel like the primary user of their stuff is the streaming community, and if you're not part of that, it's not really that important.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gametrek View Post

What on earth are you even going on about here? Your post is so incoherent that I don't know what to make of it, but I suggest you read the "Don't be a Misanthrope" section of the FAQ.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    A patch of soil where I have to pay taxes even after owning it.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

But that is the thing. Will you/me last forever?

Have you ever been to the hospital and the "Doctor/Physician" Literally told you
    A. Some crude remark at your intellegence for not understanding a chart.
    B. Try make you take the cheap path instead of the expensive costing surgery paid by your insurance.
    C. Lied/Avoid telling you the origin of your _______ medical part. I mean literally dodge you?

We all have seen, been to a funeral and have seen the aftermath, and your solution is to sell the corpse that is "currently working" right now?

I am not saying it is bad. I am saying a person ( like another random person who is not me at this moment ) is going to head on over and get one of these. In fact I had a dream.....cast.

"Segata-Sanshiro-Saturn-V" A SEGA Saturn with
    A. built in Changable storage.
    B. Can play blu-ray and HD-DVD with no region block, including DVD
    C. Can play original Dreamcast games, PS1-PS3, Wii
    D. Most importantly you can load cartridges via the memory slot ( which is still a memory/save option ).
    E. Sega 32X and Genesis,
    F. With optional MSX, Sega Master System, gameboy or SNES/SFC adapter
    G. Kalleria inside for netplay

And it all comes with a free Game-maker type game making kit that is super-simplier then drag and drop, with pre-made engines which could run on SEGA SATURN.

The promotion would literally have

Yuji Nanka + Segata Sanshrio + and the founder of the system and they all eat hot-dog and make stereotypical Japonesey commentary. The promotion could also feature a group of Models in SEGA uniforms ( trational Service game quality )

It would hard blue and pure bleach white looking system, And feature light-gun support with Wii infared or some special connector.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    What on earth are you even going on about here? Your post is so incoherent that I don't know what to make of it, but I suggest you read the "Don't be a Misanthrope" section of the FAQ.
    Sweet deal but IDK still. For me ( right now ). I have my Backing up and the official PC-Engine. If that messes up I might as well use a back-up ( which I suggest everybody to do because horrors have happen ).

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

I fail to see how any of that was a response to what I said.