Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Sega Saturn Thread

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know the sega saturn is a excellent system, and I still would like to get one here soon, I think the main problem with the saturn was that it was over priced at first, and made too many bad marketing moves like releaseing early with like almost no games, and pissing off retail stores, and 3rd party game companys. Also they made a huge mistake by focousing on 3d rather as a second hand thing compared to 3d because as we all know now that the psone killed the saturn in the 3d genre, but could not even touch the saturn when it came to 2d.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Official Sega Saturn Thread

- What is your favorite game on this system?
    At first it was Soukyu Gurentai, but later it was topped by Layer Section. Both are Great 2D STGs anyway.

- What are some of your other favorites?
    Sega Rally: Always good for a little race sometimes.
    Farland Story: Introduced me all the 16-Bit SRPGs, and i like them ^_^

- What games surprised you? Infuriated you?
    Magical Hoppers: I have never heard of the game but it was quite good.
    Layer Section: I did not know it is soo good ^_^

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?
    The first time i ever saw it was in a import game shop here in my city. There was Soukyu Gurentai running and after playing it for 30 Minutes i bought the system ^_^

- Did you own the system "back in the day"? How about now?
    Hmm i bought it 1999 and it is my favorite console until today.

- How many games do you have for it?
    Around 70 i think, while 20 are ordered and should arrive some day ^_^

- Any stories surrounding the system that you can share with us?
    You know, i have a PAL Console but i can only play NTSC/US and NTSC/JP Games because it is not working correctly But as i only play JP Games anyway this is no real problem for me.

Btw, if you are a sega saturn fan, check out my website ^_- There is not much content yet, but much is about to come ^_^

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up a Saturn about a year ago for $12 at a thrift - it had the two regular controllers, the 3D controller, and a pair of guns. I've got about 30 games for it now, each picked up for around $2 at thrifts. I just got Mr. Bones from Goodwill Hunter this weekend, and am very anxious to play it.

I guess that Nights would be my favorite so far, but I haven't played my games too deeply. The surprise to me was just how good the 2D stuff is on there. I was also surprised at how grainy the 3D was - but really I was kind of surprised at how grainy it was on all of that era's systems.

I sort of missed that whole generation of 3D hardware (I was playing games on Atari 2600 and my Amiga at the time). Only after a friend bought me a Dreamcast did I get really interested in contemporary consoles. I've since picked up PSX and N64. Until I really looked into it, I had no idea how much they were trying to accomplish with 3D games of the time.

I never saw it anywhere when it was new, though I knew the system existed. It has really cemented in my mind that Sega has been an interesting company. A company willing to take creative risks more often than the other game companies. I mostly love weird games on consoles, and Saturn has its fair share. I gotta get around to modding my console to play some of those weird import titles.
    -- Bohus Blahut
    (BOH - hoosh BLAH - hoot)

modern filmmaker

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^^ I think I strained my eyes on that tiny text

I am probably the only person in the world who will say this, but Necronomicon: Digital Pinball is my favorite Saturn game.

Most of the Capcom titles, Treasure titles, and of course KAZe's other Saturn outing: Last Gladiators. Then there is the long list of Sega first-party titles.

Nights really surprised me the first time I played it. I usually find that I am dissapointed when I listen to other rave about certain titles before actually trying them for myself. Nights was as fun as everyone made it out to be. Also the first time I played X-Men Vs. Street Fighter I was literally floored. I couldn't believe that this "dead" system was standing toe-to-toe with my brand new Dreamcast and Marvel Vs. Capcom. However, the thing that shocked me the most was probably the controller. I owned a Genesis since its release and I never felt comfortable with the controller. I remember seeing a Saturn controller in a picture in a magazine and thinking that it was simply a "nifty" version of the Genesis controller and there was no way I would like it. Then after the nightmare that was the Dreamcast controller with those god awful shoulder buttons, I was positive the Saturn controller would be a disaster. Boy was I wrong. Best standard controller for any system.

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?
    I remember seeing the commercials on TV when I was in college and thinking they were pretty funny. After seeing some of the clips of Panzer Dragoon I was very tempted to buy the system. I think I actually stood in front of a case in Best Buy, money in hand, contemplating if I ought to buy one or not. However, due to the trauma I had suffered at the hands of my 3DO I was doomed to hold out for the Playstation (3DO had possibly one of the worst controllers I have ever used). The first actual game that I saw running on a friends Saturn was Wing Arms. I wasn't very impressed.

I didn't buy a Saturn until late 1999 (I think) when I was living in Japan. Now I have 4 Saturns, all Japanese.

Saturn is the system that made me a "collector". I now have 720 Japanese Saturn games (all with different catalog numbers and only 1 of which is missing the case), 77 Japanese Saturn demo and other special discs, 4 U.S. Saturn games (recently aquired), and countless controllers and other accessories.

Hmm...I bought my first Saturn off of a friend for a cheap $10 bottle of wine and a box of crackers. He had only played the thing twice and it had since been sitting unused in his closet, still in the original box and plastic.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Saturn Goodness

Real tough one! If we are talking multiplayer, I would have to say Death Tank Zwei. Single player, I am still loving Metal Slug!

Saturn Bomberman, Rainbow Islands, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Twinkle Star Sprites, House of the Dead, Burning Rangers, Guardian Heroes, Vatlva

Death Tank Zwei suprised me!! How could an easter egg game, with such a simplistic concept be so amazingly good? I have a freind, a complete Nintendo fanboy, who bought a Saturn just for this game after a few sessions of it at my place! Dungeons and Dragons infuriated me immensely - so much so that I had to sell the game. I really wanted to enjoy it, but the frustration of having to wait for those loading breaks EVERY COUPLE OF MINUTES really bugged me. Sorry. Still pissed off.

First time I saw it in action was when I got one two or three years back. I bought it to play Panzer Dragoon Saga, which I had heard so much about that I simply had to try it. I was not disappointed. When that opening sequence started up I was mesmerised. Lost several weeks to that game. And don't regret it at all!

No. Didn't even know about it "in the day". Now I have a region and speed modded PAL Saturn and it vies with my PS2 for most played console. My flatmates are currently addicted to Twinkle Star Sprites. Every time we have a party, Death Tank comes out!

40 PAL, 16 Jap, 1 US

Well, whilst expanding my collection I bought a Japanese system with a bunch of games (including Metal Slug) on Ebay from a guy in the USA. Total cost with shipping, $240. Not too bad, except the dumbass decided to buy insurance for it and declares the insurance value as $800. Of course, I get hit with an enormous customs charge and am not very happy at all. Anyway, I eventually prove to Customs that it was not worth that much and get some money back. I also sell the Japanese Saturn on Ebay UK to offset the cost of the package. By pure coincidence, I do this shortly after the UK gaming magazine, EDGE, run a huge feature article on retro & import Saturn collecting. A day before the end of the auction, it is at a reasonable price and I am happy enough. I go out for the day, get back late in the evening .. check my auctions .. it is at £200!! I nearly choke! Get up next morning and check the end price... £250!!! ($400) - for a loose, yellowing Japanese Saturn with no Stepdown and no games. I am convinced that I won't get paid, but the cheque arrives within a couple of days, and clears .. and I am a very happy man!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nomeaz1 is THE MAN next to one other Japanese fellow I know of for Saturn items. You have too see the collection to believe it! Just ask for pictures if you don't trust what I'm saying. Oh... and you gotta' love his wife for putting up with it and honorable metion to his TV.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm. . .I'll go with Panzer Dragoon Saga. But next week that choice may no longer be true.

Radiant Silvergun, both Virtua Cops, House of the Dead, NiGHTS, Necronomicon, Layer Section, Soukyugurentai, Strikers 1945 (original and II). Always had a soft spot for Mass Destruction, Manx TT Superbike (I like the analog control with the 3D pad), Robo Pit, Fighters Megamix, Sonic R.

Radiant Silvergun surprised me the most. I hadn't played a shooter in years, and I'd just bought a Japanese Saturn and the game. I took it to a friend's house where we played through it on arcade mode with another person observing. It blew us all away. Gameplay-wise, we got destroyed. I wasn't prepared for what shooters had become.

But the art design was mind-blowing. Especially the final boss conflict. . .while it was really melodramatic, it was truly beautiful.

Also, we observed that this game seemed to be truly out to kill us, and did it with glee. Finally, the game seemed to be designed with such care and love that we had to take notice. This is a game that can be appreciated in many different ways!

I don't really. :/ It must've been when I first brought it home. I think I had Daytona USA. . .and a couple other games. Eh.

I didn't buy a Saturn until 1998, when Wal Mart had them for $50. I still have that system, as well as a white Japanese sytem with a US/JPN switch, that I bought in 2000 from NCS.

I think 80, with 34 of them being JPN imports.

Nothing really, except that all-night Virtua Cop (1 & 2) and HotD sessions are just swell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've always liked Saturn Bomberman the most.
    It just rocks. During much of the mid 90s my friends and I spent Saturday nights bombing each other to oblivion in Super Bomberman.
    Saturn Bomberman is just the best.

Oh geez -- too many to list.
    I really enjoyed:

-Puzzle Fighter
    -Street Fighter (Collection, Zero 3, Cap. Gen. 5)
    -World Heroes Perfect
    -Slam N Jam 96
    -Elevator Action Returns
    -Fire Pro Wrestling 6MS
    -Pandemonium
    -Lost Vikings 2 (Norse By Norsewest)
    -Minnesota Fats Pool Legend
    -World Series Baseball 98
    -Worms
    -NHL All-Star Hockey 98

I dunno about any games in particular surprising me but... I've never played an RPG game before, believe it or not. Now I own most of Saturn's US RPGs... that shocked me... that I'd ever drop a dime on an RPG. Reason why: Sega Saturn Magazine. More on this later.
    Infuriated?
    Sure.
    Playing these turds:

-WWF Wrestlemania
    -Off World Interceptor Extreme
    -Hi Octane
    -Alone in the Dark 2
    -Congo The Movie

These games made me question my hobby -- they were THAT awful.

It was summer of 1999. Me in my living room. 27 inch TV.
    Playing WORLD HEROES PERFECT (I am a HUGE World Heroes fan)
    My reaction: WOW... I don't remember ANY WH game being this fast!
    Initially I recall being slightly disappointed (haha, google search revealed I rated WHP 86% on first impressions...)
    But later on, I would play WHP for years and years... and really came to love it. Excellent port. 1-3 second loading times.
    Part of my childhood...

I bought it January 1999 after my older brother told me to get one for us. His internet wrestling buddies were raving all the time about this game called FIRE PRO WRESTLING SIX MAN SCRAMBLE and my bro "had to had it too."
    So I did some research (and I was never Anti-Saturn during its heyday, I was always just "eh"... though I remember being jealous at some its exclusives... we owned a PSX)

So anyway I did some research and found that WHP was on Saturn. The rest is history.

About 170 at the moment. I made a list of wanted games left and I'll end up with about 220 when all's said and done.

Saturn gamers, IMHO, are some of the coolest gamers I've ever had the pleasure to communicate/deal with.
    Most of them have a good head on their shoulders... and some... are like saints.

I once met a Saturn gamer who sold me his copy of RSG for 65.00.
    SIXTY FIVE! (October 2002)

I once met a Saturn gamer who sold me PSYCHIC ASSASSIN TAROMARU for 80.00.
    EIGHTY!!! (February 2003)

Last but not least, I once met a guy who gave me Saturn games FOR FREE! I wrote some reviews for him at the time but the games he sent me were awesome!

Includes:

-Magical Drop III
    -Vampire Savior
    -X-Men vs. SF
    -BATTLE GARREGA!!!! (yes! for free -- unbelievable!)

etc.

As for memorable deals, my score of SEGA SATURN MAGAZINE is my favorite one. I have 34 issues (37 total) and they're just the cream of the crop, bar none.

SSM did a "Top 50 list" that you can see here (yes, that's me who did it)

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...m&pagenumber=1

Long Live Saturn!
    So many good memories with it.
    Even more than NES, SNES and Genesis!
    I'll never grow old of loving this ACE system and games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is your favorite game on this system?

Sega Rally Championship

What are some of your other favorites?

Daytona USA, Virtual-On: Cyber Troopers and Daytona USA: Championship Circuit Edition.

What games surprised you? Infuriated you?

Virtua Fighter 2's graphics still blow me away to this day. Hi-Octane is just a total piece of crap.

Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?

Well, having loved Sega Rally and Daytona in the arcades, my jaw practically dropped when I first saw the Saturn. I sooooo wanted one. Then I saw the price......

Let's say the SNES kept me happy enough.

Did you own the system "back in the day"? How about now?

Whilst I could never afford the Saturn back in the day, I have one (two infact) now, so....yeah - better late than never I suppose.

How many games do you have for it?

I've currently only got nine game for it (Hi-Octane, Sega Rally Championship, Daytona USA, Virtual-On, Daytona USA: CCE, Fighting Vipers, Dark Savior, Virtua Fighter 2 and Sega Touring Car Championship) - but I am always on the lookout for more.

I rank the Saturn as my second favourite Sega console (behind the Dreamcast), and seeing as the DC is my favourite console overall - that ranks the Saturn pretty damned high in my books.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Out of the ones I have, Duke Nukem 3D is really good. An almost perfect port. Quake is really good too.

Blazing Dragons is a neat cartoony game. Croc seems to be good. Bug! is also.

I didn't have this back then. But judging what I have, the DOOM port disappoints me because of the framerate and lack of enough buttons. I have the PSX one though, so it's no big deal.

I do. It was in TRU. I was a Nintendo fanboy. I saw the Saturn playing Sonic Whatever (The one with all the old games on it.) playing that 3D level and remember laughing at how crappy it looked compared to Mario 64 which had water you could actually SEE through.

No. Yes. Received it off eBay and it is one of my faves to have sitting there.

16 full, the three free pack and half of Mr. Bones. (Disc One. No Disc Two.)

No. Except it took forever to arrive because Western Union Auction Payments (BidPay) sucks so fucking horribly and took 3 weeks to send the MO.

I was happy to finally get it. I had wanted one in my collection for months. Especially to try out the games I don't have yet, Panzer Dragoon and NiGHTS. Can't wait! I already had it opened once. (To look for the battery before I realized there was a door on the back to access it without opening the system.)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't play the system that much, it's more an item that i really wanted to have in my collection because i like the way it looks (and the game boxes also, i'm an EU collector so we've got those nice boxes (imho)).

I really liked playing Saturn Bomberman, it's a great game and i think the most intresting game in my little Saturn collection. The only thing i need for now is an multitap so we can play the game with 4 pees (or better, 2 multitaps )

Virtua Cop 2, Daytona USA

Nothing to say here, i'm not really in Saturn as i said above.

Hmmmm, i think i never saw a Saturn live in action beforce i get my own a few months ago

No, not back in the day, after my SNES i bought a PC ( x_x ) unti a year ago when i started collecting console games i don't was intressted in a Saturn. Now i've got two of them, both Model 2, one boxed.
    Also got an Sega Lightgun, fun item with Virtua Cop 2

Got 19 for the system, nothing really special i think, the games are not so common here in Holland so good games have not so good prices and you can find them almost only on eBay or expensive gameshops. Flee markets are not a good place to find Saturn stuff.

Got a nice story about my own Saturn ... got it for free (the unboxed one)!! Together wit 17 games and the light gun. The only thing i had to do was travelling for 5 hours with the dutch railways (and they suck, but hey it's a free console!). When i came home with the system i opend the box where it was packed in and i also found Lunar Eternal Blue for the SegaCD in good condition (what it had to do with the Saturn i don't know. but it was a nice find ... free console, 17 games and a nice SegaCD game)
    I have the system for about 4 months now and hopefully more nice stories are comming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fighters: Megamix, most people would go 0.o but I think this is an awesome game! The action packed fights of Virtua Fighter 2, combined with the overall Hyperness of Fighting Vipers(and the cheesy rock music). This is a true Saturn classic in my opinion.

Guardian Heroes, Christmas Nights, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Saturn Bomberman, Saturn Bomberman: Fight, Sega Rally Championship, Duke Nukem 3D, Destruction Derby,

Destruction Derby, I was suprised at what a great PSX port this was, the only thing I can remember being better about the PSX version is the draw distance. I just got this game for $5 about a week ago and I am very impressed with it. This is already my favorite Saturn racing game, and in my Saturn top 5. Highly underrated.

Daytona USA, infuriated me because it was such a rushed port, no multiplayer, bad graphics, choppy framerate, sloppy control. (thanfully a better version came out later).

Also the game Shenmue, because of how incredible it looks on the Saturn and the fact it never came out.

The incredible missed potential of this amazing system altogether makes me sad to this day.

I first saw Virtua Fighter 2, and I was pretty impressed by how good it looked, and how close it was to the arcade version.

No sadly, I was about Seven when the Saturn was released, so $400 was out of the question. But yes, I do own the Saturn today.

Around 50

I first got the Saturn in Spring 2000, and I remember the day cause I was really depressed that we had to give our dog away because it kept digging holes and getting out of the yard from under the fence. That afternoon, I got my Saturn from UPS with about 8 games(Virtua Fighter 2,Daytona USA,Virtua Cop,ect). So that made a bad day, quite a bit better. I remember playing Virtua Fighter 2 and Virtua Cop for hours that clear warm Spring day with one of my best friends.

Thats probably my best memorie of the system(even though I have alot more, it's the one that stands out).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Favorite Game
    At this point, it's a tossup between Dragon Force, which gave me a new found interest in strat/rpgs and Astal, which is the most gorgeous 2D platformer I've had the pleasure of playing.

Other Favorites
    Legend of Oasis, Layer Section (I hate saying Galactic attack) and all the other games I own (see # of Games I Own, ahead)

Games That Surprised/Infuriated Me
    I've had to weed through games like Robotica, Creature Shock & Virtual Hydlide early on until I started doing my homework. The Saturn was the console that taught me to never blindly buy a game again.

The First Time I Saw Saturn/Which Game/My Response
    It was January 97' at a Babbages at the Holyoke Mall. The game was Virtual Fighter. It blew my mind at the time.

Did I Have It Back In The Day?/Now?
    Nope. I wasn't much into gaming at the time. Currently I have a Model One & a complete, Boxed Model Two. Gonna get another Model Two so I can wreck it with an ST Key. Eventually will get a Hi-Saturn or V-Saturn.

# Of Games I Own
    Sixteen. I love them all & I'm gonna love even more of them this year.
    My Games:
    -Astal
    -Blazing Heroes
    -Bust-A-Move 2 Arcade Edition
    -Christmas Nights
    -Dark Savior
    -Dragon Force
    -Galactic Attack
    -Golden Axe: The Duel
    -the Legend of Oasis
    -Panzer Dragoon
    -Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
    -Resident Evil
    -Shining Wisdom
    -Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
    -Virtual On
    -X-Men: Children of The Atom

Stories Surrounding The System?
    Not Really other than it's my favorite system, by far. I regret not hitting the bargain bins at EB & TRU in 99' though.
    I had a lovers quarrel with the world.
    -Robert Frost

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

guess i could use a little practice operating the bold...
    -Robert Frost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CasualCoreGamer
    ! It's all good, man.

One thing struck me about your collection...

-Astal
    -Blazing Heroes
    -Christmas Nights
    -Dark Savior
    -Dragon Force
    -Galactic Attack
    -the Legend of Oasis
    -Panzer Dragoon
    -Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
    -Resident Evil
    -Shining Wisdom
    -Virtual On

16 games in all. One could easily argue... all 16 games you own... are QUALITY. I think we are too easily impressed by collections in the 100s, but your collection reminds me you don't need a TON of games to have a rock-solid library.

I assume you also play your Saturn a LOT more than many Saturn users who own 100+ games.

You my friend are a fine example of quality over quantity.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualCoreGamer
    ! It's all good, man.

One thing struck me about your collection...

-Astal
    -Blazing Heroes
    -Christmas Nights
    -Dark Savior
    -Dragon Force
    -Galactic Attack
    -the Legend of Oasis
    -Panzer Dragoon
    -Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
    -Resident Evil
    -Shining Wisdom
    -Virtual On

16 games in all. One could easily argue... all 16 games you own... are QUALITY. I think we are too easily impressed by collections in the 100s, but your collection reminds me you don't need a TON of games to have a rock-solid library.

I assume you also play your Saturn a LOT more than many Saturn users who own 100+ games.

You my friend are a fine example of quality over quantity.
    Thanks Steven. Yeah, my take on collecting is definitely quality over quantity, so I'll never have complete colections for any platform (one exception being NGPC). Matter of fact, there only roughy 50 or so titles of the US Saturn release list that I care to own (I'll be starting my import gobbling soon enough as well). Here's my rigid criteria (hah) for collecting:
    -They must be from a Japanese developer, for the most part (just a preference for their aesthetic/style).
    -From now on, in the case of disc based platforms, they (the games) must be complete. A smaller collection with complete games will always look nicer than a huge stack of orphan fodder. For some older platforms, cart only is fine since they all look uniform when stacked.
    -For now, they must be cheap as possible (although I did go silly for Dreamcast import shooters/fighters last year). Maybe in the next year or so, I'll start throwing $$ around for the grails.

That's what I love about gaming/collecting. you can get alot done on the cheap if you're resourceful & wily enough. Enough of my mumbling. Saturn Rules! Thanks again, Steven.
    -Robert Frost

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Iron Storm - I just can't get enough of hex-based strategic wargames!

Fantastic Pinball, Hyper 3D Pinball, Last Gladiators, Necronomicon, Pinball Graffiti, Pro Pinball, True Pinball - Do you see a pattern here? Also all the shmups for it, I still don't have them all yet, but I love all the ones I have!

The original Daytona USA upset me when I saw all the pop-in it had, but Championship Circuit Edition really surprised me with all the improvements!

I really don't remember what the first game I ever saw on it was, but I do remember being completely shocked when I went to a game store with my best friend one day, and they had the system way before it was supposed to be released! Neither one of us could believe they had it for sale already!

Yep, it took me until the PlayStation came out to save up enough money for it, but I bought it as soon as I could! I thought it was way better than the PlayStation then, and I still think it's way better than the PlayStation now!

Over 150 and still counting! I should be getting pretty close to 200 pretty soon, at the rate that I've been buying imports for it lately! I'm addicted!

Yeah, towards the end of last year, I began an import binge on this system, and I'm still on it! I hadn't bought any new games for it for years, but now I just can't stop buying them! Maybe I'll even have a complete Saturn import collection someday! Every time I try to stop it, I find another game I want!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! The Sega Saturn, that system comes in at #2 on my all time favorite console list! It's tough to say what's my all time favorite game of the console, but if I had to have just one I'd say it would be Nights into dreams. Even to this day that game is a one of a kind. So many times a game will spawn clone games made by other companies, but no one ever really made a clone of Nights.

Some of my other favorite games? Street Fighter Alpha 2, wonderful fighting game, Magic Knight Rayearth, Albert Odyssey, Dark Savior, were all fun RPGs. I loved Bug Too, and Sonic Jam. Last but not least I can't forget Virtua Cop and Virtua Cop 2 they're so campy they're funny.

Burning Rangers is probably the most annoying game I've played on the Saturn. I bought it, opened it, played very poorly for a couple of hours and gave up and put it on my shelf where it still stays today. As for being suprised by the Saturn, it blew my mind away from the moment I bought it until the end of it's retail life. I enjoied every game, even the bad ones.

I think the first time I saw it in action was 1996 in a mall department store. If memory serves me correct they had Bug Too playing on the system. I thought it looked cool, but I was to busy looking for SNES RPGs to think to much about it. At the time I didn't want a Saturn. I was strictly a Nintendo man and I was livving in the shadows of the NES and SNES era. The market was still flooded with games for those systems in my area at the time. I didn't get my Saturn until the NES an SNES supply started severly drying up which was in 1997. This was my first Non-Nintendo console. It was also the begining of me branching out and learning to appreciate other consoles.

I still have my original Saturn from 97. I don't play her anymore though. I do however play my modded Saturn that has a US/JP switch built into it. Since 1998 I had wanted a modded Saturn w/a region switch, and in 2003 a friend of mine made that happen. He also put in LED lights on the system for me, which go back and forth in a pattern. I love the Saturn, and still play it today.

I think I have a total of 63 games for my Saturn, a number which to this day still slowly grows. The Saturn is a highly worthy, and memorable console, and definately worth the #2 spot I give it in my heart as all time favorite console.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Torico Gekkamugentan. Beautiful bgm, great storyline.

Shining Force III, Discworld 2, Clockwork knight 2, Daytona CCE,
    Keio 2, Fighting vipers, Soukyugurentai, Metal Slug...many more.

A lot of games had gameplay elements that didn't yet cross my path.
    Games such as Torico, Shining Force 3 (never played rpgs apart from Golden Axe warrior) and NiGHTS. Exhumed (Powerslave) infuriated me back in the
    day for being so hard. I can handle it now

In 1995? No. Sadly, the system was WAY too expensive for the average
    13 year old. I kept going a little longer with my Megadrive and titles such
    as MK3 and Sonic3D. I got my Saturn in early 1997 after a friend got one
    late 1996 I got waaaaay jealous of games like Panzer Dragoon Zwei and
    Sega Rally.

Pff I haven't got a clue. Probably around 300. Half JAP half PAL. Im selling
    most PAL games now and exchanging them for JAP versions. (except for
    titles like Shining Force 3, Strory of Thor 2, Keio 2 etc)

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is your favorite game on this system?
    Sega Rally

What are some of your other favorites?
    Worms, Nights, Shining Force, It's hard to choose!

GunGriffon surprised me, I just recently picked it up, way better than MechWarrior. Some things that really infuriated me: No Vectorman, Ecco, or some of the other classic Genny games, and No real Sonic game!

I can't quite remember, it was either VF2 or Panzer Dragoon. I thought, wow, that is the collest thing I've ever seen.

The Saturn is the main system I collect for Now. I got it when Sega Rally was the Pack in game. I still have all of the boxes and rpaperwork.

Over 60, 90% complete, all U.S.

I've only ever met 3 other people with the system, and When I mention I have all three Panzers, Shining Force, And Burning Rangers, Gaurdian Heroes and Dragon Force, they are awestruck. I did have to sell off Dragon Force Burning Rangers and Shining Force, regretted it ever since.