Thread: Playing import games on Sega Saturn

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playing import games on Sega Saturn

I'm sorry I'm coming off as an idiot asking stupid questions, but I'm trading a Genesis 3 for a Saturn and would like to know how to play import games on it (as I've already ordered a copy of Race Drivin' for the Saturn). I know absolutely nothing about Saturns, I don't even think I've ever played one before, I would greatly appreciate any help.
    "Everything that you've ever done, are doing now, or will ever do is a complete waste of time unless it directly involves Randy 'Macho Man' Savage." - random Amazon.com review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Playing import games on Sega Saturn

Quote Originally Posted by jerkov
    I'm sorry I'm coming off as an idiot asking stupid questions, but I'm trading a Genesis 3 for a Saturn and would like to know how to play import games on it (as I've already ordered a copy of Race Drivin' for the Saturn). I know absolutely nothing about Saturns, I don't even think I've ever played one before, I would greatly appreciate any help.
    Check the sticky on convertors in the import section, there is plenty of info there. You'll need an cart that allows you to play them, or better yet do a region switch. Anyway... check that thread and if you decide to buy an Action Replay, look me up. I have plenty to sell.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope you didn't pay too much for that Race Drivin for the Saturn because it is an awful game. It plays horrible (nothing like the arcade) and looks worse then the SNES & Genesis versions with tons of pop-up. You should have picked up the Genesis version since at least you get the sense you are playing the arcade which is more than I can say for the Saturn version. Wait till you get a load of the "real" mode on the Saturn version.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That sucks about Race Drivin. That is one of my all time favorite arcade games. I have the Genesis version, but I do not like it all, it moves way too slowly. When you're going up a loop, it's moving frame by frame practically and becomes unplayable. I'll give the Saturn version a chance, all the extra vehicles and views looked cool. No matter what, I don't think it can be worse than the Genesis version.
    "Everything that you've ever done, are doing now, or will ever do is a complete waste of time unless it directly involves Randy 'Macho Man' Savage." - random Amazon.com review

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funk Buddy, PM sent.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well you are going to be in for a shock because the game is way more awful than the Genesis version. The Saturn version is pretty slow as well and the graphics are worse than the Genesis. It is also like you are playing on a go-cart track instead of the full size track. It seems like they made the levels shorter. I can't stress how crappy this game is. I was disappointed I spent money on my copy.

PG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh...yeah...tons of info in the imports forum...and I'd be happy to answer any questions in the forum there as I and many others import for the Saturn regularly!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."