Thread: Dream game: Capcom Generations for the Game Boy Advance

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dream game: Capcom Generations for the Game Boy Advance

Several game companies have released classic collections for the Game Boy Advance. Capcom, unfortunately, is not one of them. However, they've made many terrific games in the past which would work beautifully on a GBA collection. If you had to pick six games for this collection, which ones would they be and why?

Here are my choices:

1943: World War II air combat was never this intense! Capcom did a great job of capturing the feel of the era with this stylish shooter.
    Black Tiger: This was never released on any home game system. It's about time that changed. It's a bit like Magic Sword, but the level designs are more complex and the gameplay is more entertaining.
    Forgotten Worlds: A great, if somewhat unorthodox shooter. This, not Altered Beast, was the game that sold me on the Genesis!
    Strider: It's a mercilessly difficult platformer with imaginative character designs and devious levels.
    MERCS: Commando wasn't one of my favorite Capcom releases, but this sequel on steroids is fun and intense, and the graphics are superb.
    Buster Bros.: An endlessly fun action game with puzzle elements. It's cute, but surprisingly intense once the balloons become plentiful.

JR
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Or better yet, just release those damn PSX versions in the US already!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

They already released one Capcom generation disk in the U.S.A. It's called Streetfighter collection 2 x_x

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damnit I've been waiting years for those Generations discs to come out. I want to play Ghouls 'N Ghosts on my PS1, and I don't wanna have to import the Japanese version, 'cause I like the US titlescreen WAY better, and I don't wanna bother with trying to figure out how to play the PAL version on my system either!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A grand idea, Maneki, though I'd choose a few of the more obscure Capcom titles.

Strider: No argument here. It's a great action/platformer.

Black Tiger: Agreed.

Eco Fighters: A little-known horizontal shooter, it might be a tight fit for the GBA, but it'd be great to play this one outside of the arcade.

Ghosts N' Goblins: There's already a Ghouls N' Ghosts remake on the GBA, so it would be only fitting to port the original.

Varth: Capcom's tribute to the Raiden saga, it's solid stuff.

Wonder 3: Yeah, I'm cheating here, since this is three titles in one. They're all great games, though, and I think the GBA could handle the port.

Unfortunately, I don't think that the GBA could handle Alien vs. Predator, Battle Circuit, Armored Warriors, or any of the company's other graphically intense beat-'em-ups. I'll just have to save up for that Supergun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys should get them imported on the Saturn...you can find them pretty cheaply on eBay and they're a lot of fun...don't need to know Japanese to play arcade-perfect copies of 1943 or Ghouls 'n Ghosts! Just buy the game and a version-unlocker cartridge like the Action Replay carts. BTW...the Ghouls 'n Ghosts remake on the GBA is of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES, not the original Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the Genesis. Both of them and Ghosts 'n Goblins are on the Capcom Generation disc (2?). If you want a near-arcade-perfect version of Strider get Strider 2 for the PSX...the original Strider comes with it. I've never played the arcade version, but the PSX version has better graphics and animation than the Genesis version and that's saying a lot.
    Click here for my game list, including pictures.
    Currently playing on my Xperia Play: Nectaris: Military Madness (PSX), Chrono Trigger (SNES)