Thread: Arcade cab/PCB questions (Marvel Vs. Capcom)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Arcade cab/PCB questions (Marvel Vs. Capcom)

Hey all, I'll probably be selling this eventually, and since my questions are buying and selling related, I thought I'd put them here.

I recently acquired a good condition upright cabinet with Marvel Vs. Capcom in it. The CPSII case is blue, and when I looked at it, is actually two parts. I assume that the first (top part) is the actual MvC game, and the lower half is general CPSII hardware. If I'm looking at this right, that means that I can either sell just the MvC board, and purchase any other CPSII PCB and attach it to the bottom half of the CPSII hardware. I looked at some older auctions and they seemed to confirm my suspicions, but I just want to make sure.

As for the cabinet itself, it looks broken in the pic, but it is in good condition. It is designed so that a couple of latches accessible via the coinbox allow the controller panel to open downwards, and the whole assembly (Controllers, PCB) slide off on one board inside the cabinet. Here are a few pics. I plan on Maming the cabinet, and selling the rest of my arcade related stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice cab! I used to have a Dynamo just like that and loved it. It's too bad there's only room for one board in it though!

What you've got is a US version CPS2 setup. You are correct in assuming you can just swap out the top board ('A' board) for different games. Just make sure the games you buy are either blue or green, as the rest won't work.

Check out this site for more info.. www.cps2shock.com

Oh yea, you might want to read up on the suicide battery in these. It's supposed to be pretty easy to change, but if you don't change it and it dies, you will end up with a nice paperweight unless you can get some roms burnt to remove the encryption.

98PaceCar

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pacecar hooked you up with the info you need.

If you sell the MvC board, I would be interested in it along with the marquee.

Let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really should learn to not post when I'm still asleep. To change the game out, you get a new B board. The A board is the main motherboard and will stay the same no matter what game you want to play!

Sorry about that!
    98PaceCar

Also, I may know where a small stash of B boards is if you are interested in some. Batteries already replaced on most if not all of them as well...

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I MAME'd my cab this year, and it had an XMEN Children of the Atom JAMMA board in it that looks identical to yours.

I ended selling it on ebay for ~95$US.

So that's approx. what it's worth.

By the way, this game is available on MAME and looks/runs GREAT!!! HAVE FUN! www.arcadecontrols.com should become your homepage for the next little while.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leonk
    I MAME'd my cab this year, and it had an XMEN Children of the Atom JAMMA board in it that looks identical to yours.

I ended selling it on ebay for ~95$US.

So that's approx. what it's worth.
    Are you trying to say MvC is worth $95 because X-Men COTA is? Because you're way off. And X-Men COTA isn't worth $95, I'd say you got lucky with that sale. I got mine with an A board for $60.

MvC is worth a little bit more than X-Men. Sells for around $200, B board only.

Fluke don't read that last sentence if you're gonna sell the game to me.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

buttasuperb:

All I was trying to convay here is that these boards sell for more than usual jamma boards, and if he has any reservations of just not selling it and let it collect dust in a closet, he shouldn't.

Yes, there are many JAMMA boards on eBay, and yes they sell for dirt cheap and yes, most of them aren't worth your effort of selling them. But this is not the case..

So sell away!