How do you like my misleading topic to get you to read this?

Actually it's semi-relevant. This forum has seen steady growth in member participation and usage for well over a year now, beginning with our humble days on EZboard and now onto this privately owned and operated community which you are now a part of. If I could show you a graph displaying number of users online at any given time and number of posts per day, it would be a steadily rising line with peaks (usually around "events") and valleys (server crashes).

And this will only continue to grow, since I am actively pimping the forum in many subtle and not-so-subtle ways. Most of you probably found us as a result of that.

My question to you, who are here NOW, is this: do you prefer a small community where you recognize a majority of the posters, or a larger community where there are too many "regulars" to keep track of on a daily basis?

Before you answer, consider this: the service would not change, and the moderating staff might increase with people chosen by the existing team, ie "like-minded with regards to the rules". At one time I wanted a classic gaming forum similar to gaming-age.com, a veritable CITY of gamers, though I always feared it would turn into gamefaqs.com, a great site with just no community "feel" to it at all.

I'm asking because I'm considering backing off of the heavy promotion. I'm rather fond of the pace and content we get at present, knowing that when a few people leave, a few more will always enter.

Your opinions, as always, are welcome.