Thread: Feedback tradeoff ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Feedback tradeoff ...

So, is it worth it to leave bad feedback for someone when you know that they'll just probably do the same to you?

I have 125 positive feedback, 0 neutral and 0 negative. I've recently had two semi-bad eBay transactions. One is a buyer who appears to be a deadbeat bidder (0 feedback, supposed to mail a money order which has never arrived) and the other is a seller who hasn't shipped my stuff (it's been over two weeks now -- I just e-mailed him and he said "it went out today!").

In all honesty these guys don't deserve negative feedback, but maybe a neutral. But what's stopping me from doing it is the fact that I know they'll leave "revenge" feedback, even though I did everything right in both cases!

What are your feedback policies when people become a pain in the ebay ass?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

eBay really needs to come up with a good appeal system for negative and neutral feedbacks. I, too, have been in similar positions to what you've mentioned. Fortunately, my stupid buyer went and gave me a positive feedback before I even shipped out the product, so I was free to give him a neutral with no fear.

One thing you could do is just not leave a feedback at all. Of course, this likely means you won't get any feedback either, but at least you won't hurt your record. You could always wait until the last day you could give the feedback and do it then. If the person doesn't notice right away, he won't be able to retaliate.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Well for non-paying bidders its best just to leave a NPB alert with eBay. You your ending value fee back from ebay and call it a day.

3 of those and they are removed from eBay.

Plus he won't want to leave neg feedback at that point as you still haven't done so to him.

IF you feel you have to then you do have 90 days to leave feedback. If you fell you have to do so wait till that last day. Chances are he will miss his chance to "tag" you back.

Too bad there isn't a snipe program for leaving feedback.

Adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

How did you pay for your item which hasn't showed up?

If you paid with paypal make sure you file with Paypal within 30 days incase it never arrives.

Adam

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive left 4 or so negative feedbacks and have gotten only one retaliation. They were all similar to this:
    Could not contact after auction end, Did not pay, Would not deal with again

If you dont try to inflame them and just state the facts, I think you are much less likely to receive negatives in return. But do file a NPB first on the one guy and give the other guy's stuff a chance to come in before you leave it for him.
    "You're just a poser wanna-be." - RaccoonLad describing yours truly.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea the feedback system sucks.
    I have 1380 positive 7 negative and 5 neutrals.
    4 negatives and 3 neutrals were "revenge" feedback from 0 or 1 feedbackers no-less.
    Now I really don't care because I have so many feedback. So usually I just don't leave any, or wait 89 days and "bomb em" if I remember.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The item I was selling was a t-shirt. The backup bidder has e-mailed me twice saying that if for some reason the first guy doesn't come through, he'll gladly take it. So I'm not too worried about that one. It looks like the winning bidder may have signed up to eBay just for my auction. His name is whitezombie2000hearse and he bought my White Zombie shirt. He has 0 feedback, so he has nothing to lose in ruining his feedback rating at this point.

The item I was buying was a Neo Geo cart. The only thing that pissed me off was I got one of those notices from eBay about paying (on a Sunday) and then on Monday the guy e-mails me asking where payment is. So I paypalled right away ... and then he doesn't ship for two weeks. Makes me wonder what the hurry was.

I'll just wait them both out and probably end up not leaving any feedback at all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    Well for non-paying bidders its best just to leave a NPB alert with eBay. You your ending value fee back from ebay and call it a day.

3 of those and they are removed from eBay.

Plus he won't want to leave neg feedback at that point as you still haven't done so to him.

IF you feel you have to then you do have 90 days to leave feedback. If you fell you have to do so wait till that last day. Chances are he will miss his chance to "tag" you back.

Too bad there isn't a snipe program for leaving feedback.

Adam
    Thats what I do also. I got my 1 negative from a revenge feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One time some guy waited 3 weeks to ship my item (it was simply just a bunch of 8.5x11 papers), after I had paid 2 days after the auction ended. What pissed me off was the fact I didn't get the item before I moved out of my apartment. So I did not leave feedback, I couldn't be bothered.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them