Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Japan auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yahoo Japan auctions

It really hurts me sometimes to look at the auctions on Yahoo Japan. I see tons of rare and exotic stuff there I want to bid on that I never see on ebay, but I can't bid because I can't read Japanese. In fact, there is something on there right now that I REALLY want to get but have no way of bidding.

Does anyone else check out the auctions there? If so, do you ever place any bids? I've heard most Japanese sellers are very insistent about not wanting to sell to overseas bidders. What's the matter with them? Don't they realize that Americans will shell out ridiculous amounts of money for some of the stuff they have?

(oh yeah...if anyone can help me out with getting this item, I will TOTALLY hook you up )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would imagine that japanese eBayers don't want to sell overseas for the same reason many of us here don't. It's a hassle.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link
    I would imagine that japanese eBayers don't want to sell overseas for the same reason many of us here don't. It's a hassle.
    Why is it a hassle?? I sell to overseas bidders all the time. The only hassle is the extra minute it takes to fill out the customs form. If they pay you with Paypal, it automatically converts whatever currency they are paying with to US dollars which can then be transfered into your bank account. And if they are paying for the shipping I really don't care where it's being sent to, just as long as I get my money. What's the big deal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PayPal is evil. www.paypalwarning.com

I only accept money orders at this time, so it would take some time to get payment from overseas. That's why it's a hassle, to me, anyway, and I imagine there are other people who feel the same.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Easy solution to your problem:

http://www.celga.com/index.html

They are a deputy service, meaning they'll bid on items for you and if you're the auction winner, they'll do all the transaction work for you, then send you the item. So you won't have the problem of international shipping and speaking Japanese with the seller.

Basically, you send them an e-mail with the item #, how much you want to bid, and a PayPal deposit of half your bid.

I've done about 20 transactions through them, their fees are reasonable considering you can get items otherwise impossible to get. IIRC, for an item ending at 1000-10,000 yen (about U.S. $10-100), they'll charge you a $10 commission. And add international shipping and some other minor fees on top of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, it's pretty much that or find a middleman gamer friend that'll get you stuff from Yahoo Jp. Yahoo Jp is where people like the much reviled "Adol" from eBay get their rare games to sell at painfully high prices. Nice...if you can find a connection...and if you want it bad, celga and rinkya both do the brokering for ya...but the fees can be killer on some stuff!

Maybe a kind mod will toss this thread over to the Import forums
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords
    Yahoo Jp is where people like the much reviled "Adol" from eBay get their rare games to sell at painfully high prices.
    Ackk!! So that is where that guy gets all of his rare stuff from!?! He is the only one I've ever seen with Virtual Boy Virtual Bowling carts for sale on ebay. He usually sells 1 or 2 a year for AT LEAST $1,200 for a complete copy. I used to think that he had an endless supply of them, but now I know his secret: Yahoo Japan Auctions!

(and thanks for the tip, JLukas. What a great service! I'm going to try winning my auction with them)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Yahoo Japan auctions

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    In fact, there is something on there right now that I REALLY want to get but have no way of bidding.
    I've been using www.animechaos.com

As far as I can tell, they are the most reasonable for shipping (no markups) and deputy fees. I've had great luck, even with outrageous items like LD box sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, my, God! I think I've soiled myself. I will really be broke once I start usuing this type of service! Thanks for the two links, are there othes like this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Heh, I've known about Celga and other services but I'm too damn lazy to use it usually. I'll have to start sometime :D

Anyhow, that PayPal stuff is silly. I keep all my money in my normal bank account, thank you, and I don't care if it takes four days to clear since I know there's no chance of losing big bucks when it's not in PayPal to begin with :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

GRR NO MONEY

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b44251772

Oh well, he's a bitch anyways o.o

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only accept money orders at this time, so it would take some time to get payment from overseas. That's why it's a hassle, to me, anyway, and I imagine there are other people who feel the same.
    Paypal is only bad if you're a moron and don't know how to control your money.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf

Paypal is only bad if you're a moron and don't know how to control your money.
    Amen !!!

Also just a side note ----- 608 pay-pal transactions and only 1 problem which was solved in 24 hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MMMMMMMMMM CELS! I already have a bunch of Trigun cels w/dougas....wouldn't want one of Legato...at least not a closeup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, I don't like the coloring on that one either. He's looking rather bad in this one.

I like the one that's up with with Meryl and that one guy (Meryl's yelling at somebody, the Nebraska family I believe), and the one of Vash standing there with his happy face on :D

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How uninformed, the fact is most overseas bidders who pay with a money order use bidpay ( us based ) or some other online money order company that is based in the US! shipping you a money order for an overseas buyer is just as quick as it would be for any other person in the US!!

Dont take this personally but I really hate this attitude, so many sellers i feel are just to lazy and uninformed to realise that selling overseas and shipping really is no more hassle than shipping locally! Sure paypal might be evil for some, ( ive never had 1 problem in my 100 or so transactions) buti think its a good system..

The fact is i always ask sellers who say they wont ship overseas. Generally i can tell them the price off shipping and what methods to use.. 95% of the time the seller will end up shipping..

Before you go ruling overseas buyers out, do some research, its really not that much hassle, 5 extra mins at the post office and your done..

Just my thoughts..

Back to the topic, i buy from yahoo JP all the time, i hate CELGA the service sucks. i wont use them ever again.. i now have a yahoo jp account and buy direct.. i have to ask sellers to ship overseas, i now have good feedback, so most times they say yes so long as i pay shipping and speak in japanese..
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Japanese sellers don't sell overseas for two reasons.
    1: It *IS* a hassle, b/c you *HAVE* to go to the post office to mail the stuff. A lot of sellers on Yahoo JP send stuff exclusively through 'takkyubin' service, which they can mail out from their convenience store. The furthest I've seen a house from a convenience store is about 30 meters, whereas for a normal Japanese guy working 9AM to 10PM, he'd have to go to a 24 hour post office, which could be an hour away... easy.

2: How many people overseas speak Japanese? Few... too few for it to be worth the hassle.

For those that care, Adol's feedback:
    http://rating.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...opaopa_2000_99

There are at least two other Ebay sellers that are easy to find on Yahpp JP that have good feedback, and are very easy to find, but I"ll leave them anonymous.

And for those that wine about it's not far --- you're right, it's not. But there are few sellers on Ebay that ship out of North America. It's a pain, but it's the way it is -- and this is w/o language barrier mind you.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exactly. The language barrier is what keeps me from buying off Yahoo Japan mostly. And I hope Adol gets banned from Yahoo Japan for lousy feedback like that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch
    For those that care, Adol's feedback:
    http://rating.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...opaopa_2000_99
    Holy christ! Am I reading that right??? 198 negative feedbacks and only 417 positive?? Thats gotta be the worst feedback rating I've ever seen. What's this guys problem and why does he still have an account?

@mrhaboobi: What's so bad about CELGA? Can you be more specific on how it sucks? I plan on using them for the auction I want to bid on, so I'd really like to know. Is Anime Chaos a better deputy service to use instead?

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Hey, I ship outside of North America all the time. For us, it's not that much of a hassle -- just a customs form. I did'nt know the Japanese had that 'domestic conveince store service', though.

One of the countries I've shipped to is Japan, curiously enough....
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion