Thread: Final Fantasy III dominates the first SNES Power Rankings!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Final Fantasy III dominates the first SNES Power Rankings!

22 lists have been tallied up, and 78 total games have been ranked. The number one game, turned out to be Final Fantasy III. Final Fantasy III recieved 141 points in the power ranking, 46 more points then the next best game, Super Mario World. Final Fantasy III also appeared on 11 of the 22 Top Ten lists. Super Mario World actually appeared on two more lists, but it trailed by 46 points, so that is why FF3 get's the Numero Uno ranking.

Ideally, it would be better for everyone to sumbit a top 25 list. Or a top 30 list. But that may have been too much to ask. It would be nice also, to have more than 22 people submit lists. If we could get 50 people to submit a top 30 list, then we could have a really nice Power Ranking for SNES games.

I think alot of people might rank their games slightly differently, knowing that they are going to rank 30 games. I'm sure that some people squezed a game in at No. 9 or No. 10, that they would have much rather ranked 18th ot 19th, overall. But they wanted the game to get some recognition. With a ranking of 30 games, it would provide plenty of spots for quircky games to get recognition, but it wouldn't comprise the top end of the rankings.

If people are game to doing top 30 lists, then I'm game to giving the games points and ranking them. I would have to come up with a new point system for the 30 games. But that shouldn't be hard.

I think that we could do this with all the systems out there. Genesis, TurboGrafx, NES, Saturn....you name it. We could rank the games, and give the games points, and then come up with a Power Ranking for each system.

I think that we need to have at least 50 people to submit a list, for it to be a good breakdown. 50 people, and 30 games ranked. We do a point system, that rewards games for being ranked high, and appearing in more people's lists. Then based on the overall points, the game gets ranked. Sounds like a sweet idea to me. I would be willing to do all the number crunching, I just need the support of 50 gamers.

So what I want you to do, if you are interested, is to take some time, and make a top 30 game list for the Super Nintendo. Since we've already been playing around with the Super Nintendo, we might as well start with that one first. Everybody take their time, carefully craft your top 30 SNES game list, and then email them to me. That way they are in my email and I can better add things up and tally things.

My email is tapdatazz1@yahoo.com

Come on fellas! Let's do this like Brutus! I'm gonna be the one doing all the tedius work by adding and tallying everything up. I just need 50 volunteers or more, for each system's rankings.

- Anthony

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For my peeps that never knew about the Power Rankings!