Thread: Magic of Scheherazade SNES proto?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Magic of Scheherazade SNES proto?

I've been wondering about this for some time. I have a fairly clear memory of a Magic of Scheherazade SNES proto being up on ebay. This was way before proper documentation was really started. Mid-1998 or so. What I remember about the auction:

The same guy selling it had one or two other protos up for auction.

Phifey (from the now defunct Nintendo Old School) bidding on the thing. Maybe winning it. Does anyone know what this guy is up to now?

It went for pretty cheap. Sub $100 I think.

I THINK the scan of the thing was avaliable on some web page after the auction with very minimal information about it (ie; the game's title and nothing on completion, actual content, or screenshots).

Note: I am not thinking of the NES Magic of Scheherazade Acey won aroiund the same time and still owns. The reason I remember the auction is because as a little kid I was a big Culture Brain fan and thought of bidding on it myself at the time. It was very cheap for an unreleased proto (I don't think the thing broke 100) but at the time I had no idea the game was unreleased even in Japan. Fast forward to 2002. I can't find any information on it ever even existing. No scan anywhere I can find, no information on a prototype, no nothing. Does anyone else remember anything about this or am I just plain nuts?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never hear from a Magic of Scheherazade for SNES. Maybe this was only a write error?

I don't know anything from that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I remembered

I remembered seeing a bit mentioned about a Rescue Rangers 3 prototype for NES, no pictures and just text. This was on NES World a long time back, years ago. When I asked Martin about it later, he said he didn't know what I was talking about. Anyone else know about this? I think he made a mistake when putting this up, though he doesn't want to admit it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: I remembered

Quote Originally Posted by TRM
    I remembered seeing a bit mentioned about a Rescue Rangers 3 prototype for NES, no pictures and just text. This was on NES World a long time back, years ago. When I asked Martin about it later, he said he didn't know what I was talking about. Anyone else know about this? I think he made a mistake when putting this up, though he doesn't want to admit it.
    Honestly I don't know what you're talking about, did you try
    finding that old versoin of NES WORLD on archive.org. Also, you need to stop making up all those ideas of what I did/didn't and do/don't...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

welcome to the boards martin
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default let's see here

Honestly I don't know what you're talking about, did you try
    finding that old versoin of NES WORLD on archive.org. Also, you need to stop making up all those ideas of what I did/didn't and do/don't...
    Yes, I have tried looking it up on archive.org...emuclassics version is not archived, it's not on the vintagegaming version (too new), and the internet 1 account, that page is not archived (how convenient).
    I simply asked a question about something I saw a few years back, no need to get your britches in a bunch.