Thread: $79.99 GCN $149 PS2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default $79.99 GCN $149 PS2

after jaybird posted the link for the $20 price break for gcn, i read about half the page before i grabbed my keys and headed for my walmart.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22718

they didn't have the zelda pak, but i was hoping to maybe get one from the back. I grabbed an electronics employee and asked him about it. He confirmed that they DID have them in the back and he WOULD NOT sell me one. He also confirmed the $79.99 price and said it was a blitz pack (whatever that means). I did everything short of begging him and slipping him a $20 for it (maybe i shoulda). I could tell by talking to him that he already knew other wal-marts had sold these and said 'they could get in big trouble'. He told me to get there first thing day after thanksgiving as they will sell out quickly.

So i decided to go to my local video game shop, maybe they had it. They didn't of course. So i told him about the $80 and he had heard nothing about it. What he had heard of tho, is the new $149 ps2 price within the next two weeks. He said he knew this for a fact. He then explained that is why they didn't have any ps2 in stock...don't wanna lose money when the price drops. I know he does alot of ordering at this store, so i'm thinking it is true. take it or leave it.

now i'm wondering if this $80 price is a one-day event or if it is just the new price. how the heck can they sell it for so cheap?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whether or not this is a one-day sell is the big question right now.

I still say if this is a true price drop, then Nintendo's clearing out all inventory & their big Spring announcement will be a new console.

We'll all be playing GameCube 2 by this time next year.

On the other hand, this could be one of those crazy day after T-day Wal-Mart sales that you have to maim old ladies for.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.