Thread: Another New and Sealed but I opened it....

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another New and Sealed but I opened it....

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A nice piece nontheless. Maybe he knew that it was resealed? Or as I say in most of my posts in this forum. Maybe he was just an idiot?
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    A nice piece nontheless. Maybe he knew that it was resealed?
    If that's the case, then he's a liar for saying it was factory sealed. He must just be an idiot.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not saying he's lying, I'm saying he's an idiot for opening it.
    He claims he is a collector, and he's selling a lot of sealed games.
    So why would he open it to verify the contents.
    As a collector he should have been able to look at it and tell if it was a factory seal.
    And if he was a collector and kept his other games sealed why open this one.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WTF

Why the fuck do people make such a big deal out of the games being SEALED? if all he did was cut the shrinkwrap a bit to check the box contents, no harm done. And if you never play with a game, it provides no fun and therefore has no value. Makes about as much sense as buying action figures and then keeping them in the box and never playing with them. But as long as some idiot will pay absurd quantities of money for a game wrapped in plastic they will not allow themself to play, people will always save them to sell in such a condition.
    - Epicenter

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why do people make a big deal about it? I don't know maybe because he is advertising as factory sealed and he opened it. If I am going to pay top dollar for something it sure as hell better be as described.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Re: WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Epicenter
    Why the fuck do people make such a big deal out of the games being SEALED? if all he did was cut the shrinkwrap a bit to check the box contents, no harm done. And if you never play with a game, it provides no fun and therefore has no value. Makes about as much sense as buying action figures and then keeping them in the box and never playing with them. But as long as some idiot will pay absurd quantities of money for a game wrapped in plastic they will not allow themself to play, people will always save them to sell in such a condition.
    Some people like to collect "new" items. Maybe you don't, great. The people I know who do usually buy two, one to play and one to keep. So yes, not everyone likes to buy new items to keep and collect, but some do -- and opening the item before selling it ruins it.

These people are saying one of two things. One, "this item is mint, new in box, never been opened, been sitting undisturbed for ten years in a warehouse, I put it on eBay and so I went ahead and opened it just to look in the box before selling it and hey whaddayaknow it WAS new!" Or two, "hey I found this game at a flea market and a couple of years ago I found a box for it and I cobbled it all together and now it's NEW again!"

Either one ruins the whole idea of collecting new items. I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way if you bought a new car and found out the owners "just drove it around for a while to verify that it was really new and yup it was a running car".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amen Brother.

I personally don't collect New and Sealed items. I want to play them.
    But then again I don't sell my items as NEw and Sealed but I only opened it to make sure it was complete.
    Thats total BS , just sell it as Mint and don't put NEW and SEALED in the Title trying to BS someone.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

Probably the same reason why some people overclock their NES units..............no one knows!
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Other than possibly being an idiot for opening the game, I do not see anything wrong with the auction. Yes, the title says "factory sealed", but the seller clearly explains himself in the description. If someone were to bid on the item without reading the entire auction, well then they would be the idiot. At least this guy is honest. I have won auctions before on ebay where the seller lists the item as new or factory sealed and its neither.

I'm sure you wouldn't feel the same way if you bought a new car and found out the owners "just drove it around for a while to verify that it was really new and yup it was a running car".
    Again the seller does not deny that the item has been opened. Moreover, the game was not removed and played. So I am not sure how your analogy is the same. Besides, what do you think auto dealers do with cars that have test driven? They sure as hell aren't sold as used.

I think some people are more angry at the guy simply because he opened the game, not because of how he listed the item. Well, its quite simple then, don't bid on it. I'd be happy to get a game like that in that condition. I am not sure on the price myself as I am not focusing on NES games right and I don't have my DPG with me at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It doesn't matter what is said in the Item description.
    He is lying in the Title to get people to look at his auction.
    And that makes him a bad seller in my book.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally dont collect new and sealed games, but i know many people who do. I like to know that everything is in the package, and that someone didnt put a couple of rocks in the box to make it weigh like the game.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I prefer factory sealed items, especially when buying on Ebay, and I think this sort of description is total BS. If it's factory sealed, then there's no need to break the seal to verify the contents! I wouldn't trust any listings like this, or at least I'd be very skeptical about what I might be getting if I placed a bid.

This is almost as bad as the ones that say things like "It's opened but I never removed it from the box" Give me a freakin' break! If you never removed it from the box, then why did you open it? Anybody can buy an opened item and honestly claim that they've never removed it from the box, but that doesn't mean that whoever opened it first didn't remove it from the box!

People like this really infuriate me. Basically what they're saying is "I've been resisting the temptation to open this item for years, but now that I'm going to sell it, I just want to open it up real quick." So much for the factory seal!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!