Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

Default argh.

so most auctions say they take paypal and show the logo and little credit cards and whatnot. then you buy it now, and go to pay them and they don't take credit cards via paypal.... ok now what? WTF?
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a scam by paypal. All my auctions accept paypal, but I clearly state within the auction itself that I cannot accept credit card payments through paypal. I tell potential bidders that if they want to pay by credit card to use Bidpay. Why don't I accept credit cards through paypal?

1. You have to become a premium member of paypal, which is free. Sounds good right? No, it isn't. Paypal will charge you a percentage of each of every transfer into your premium account, regardless of the source of funds, credit card, open account or bank account. Now I understand that credit card companies charge a fee for every transaction and paypal has to recoup those fees from the seller, but they shouldn't be charging for non-credit card transactions.

2. All I ever hear is nightmare stories about sellers who got ripped off because someone was using a stolen credit card. Of course paypal automatically takes those funds back, regardless of whether or not the selller had knowledge that the card was stolen. Paypal simply does that to cover their own ass. They don't care about the seller.

The problem is that when you list an item and advertise that you accept paypal (by clicking on that option in ebay or turbo lister) paypal automatically inserts its logo into your auction. That logo of course has the credit card logos as well. That's why it looks like the seller accepts credit cards through paypal.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

i understand why people don't take it, and they are all quite stupid.

but why it says they take them, when they don't take them. it's all BS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky
    i understand why people don't take it, and they are all quite stupid.

but why it says they take them, when they don't take them. it's all BS.
    Listen, don't ask for an explanation then insult me when I respond. I thought I was being nice trying to explain to you why people take paypal, but not credit card payments. As far as being stupid, I think you need to go to reading comprehension class because my post clearly states why the auctions have the credit card logos in their auctions. Read along with me...

The problem is that when you list an item and advertise that you accept paypal (by clicking on that option in ebay or turbo lister) paypal automatically inserts its logo into your auction. That logo of course has the credit card logos as well. That's why it looks like the seller accepts credit cards through paypal.
    In other words, you cannot take the credit card logos out of the auction.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

First thanks for the explanation of why you don't take credit cards, and some well known general knowledge. and great....yeah everyone in the world if trying to steal a credit card and rip you off. That’s the most overblown BS in Ebaying.

I was not calling your response stupid, just everyone’s explanation for not taking credit cards is stupid...they all start out with yeah this guy bought 17 of my auctions for $2000 and wanted me to ship it to some address in Iraq for his mom's birthday. I was ripped off. well yeah good, you deserve it. (I’ve had over 700 ebay transactions; I’d say 80% paypal with no problems yet.)

We all know paypal take a little percentage, so what. big deal.

What I’m saying is do not click on that little i accept paypal button with all those cards, when you do not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PayPal sucks.

http://www.paypalwarning.com

If I'm gonna use an online payment service, I'll stick to one that's backed by an actual bank and isn't under investigation in a few states, thank you.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paypal has been great for me. I've only ever had one problem in 365 transactions. I keep no more than $200 in there should it get mysteriously frozen. My auctions rarely go over $100 so if I get ripped off it's not something that will be a big loss. It is the only form of payment I accept. Sure I could get more for a few auctions if I took money order but I HATE taking them to the bank...... And I work at the bank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sell a lot of strategy guides on ebay. Most of them go for $6.00 shipped, So?

$6.00 - $2.39 shipping - $1.00 bubble mailer - $.35 listing fee - $.70 final value fee = $1.56 profit

If I upgraded, I would be hit with a $.49 fee by Paypal. Its just not worth it.

I state in every one of my auction descriptions AND invoices that I cannot accept credit cards.

It's not my problem if you try to pay by credit card after I told you not to. Its your own fault that you're too dumb to read.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never had an issue with paypal. But now with that website I'm paranoid...

I have my bank account info in there... so... I don't want to have money issues...
    ~"You can't make an omlette without destroying a forest... or something" -Black Mage (From 8-bit Theater)~