Thread: Any stores have the GCN with Zelda Bonus Disc yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

Default Any stores have the GCN with Zelda Bonus Disc yet?

Just wondering if anyone's been to Gamestop, Ebgames, Best Buy, etc. and has seen the GCN bundled with the Zelda disc. I'm looking to buy it this weekend and just wanted to make sure it was actually out.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

It's coming out next week, so don't expect to see those Cubes out till Monday or so.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

We have them at Gamestop, but the official street date for them is Nov. 23rd. At least, that's what I've been told by corporate.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

November 04, 2003 - Nintendo of America today announced that November 17 gamers can pick up The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition Bundle, which includes a GameCube and a Zelda bonus disc with several classic franchise titles, for $99.99 -- the same low price the system sells for now.

The bonus Zelda disc will include all of the following games:

The Legend of Zelda, the original 1987 game originally developed for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) that introduced Link, Zelda, Ganon and the magical world of Hyrule
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, the 1988 NES adventure that combined exploration, action, magic and weapons
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the 1998 hit originally developed for the Nintendo 64 that let players travel through time, explore vast territories and solve puzzles, all in a 3D environment
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, the 2000 sequel originally developed for the Nintendo 64 that let players don masks to transform into various characters, all while battling against the clock
    A playable demo of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, the series' 2003 debut on the Nintendo GameCube that included cel-shaded visuals and unique facial animation in the richest, most expansive environment yet
    The disc will also feature a short retrospective history of the Zelda franchise and gameplay footage highlights from Wind Waker.

"This offer is the ultimate treat for fans of The Legend of Zelda series," said George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president, marketing and corporate communications. "Just buy a Nintendo GameCube at the new low MSRP of $99.99 and you get the special The Legend of Zelda offer at no additional cost."

Players who already own a GameCube can get the disc in one of two ways, according to Nintendo. The first way is to register their GameCube system along with two of the following games: Mario Kart Double Dash!!, Mario Party 5, Mario & Luigi, Superstar Saga, and 1080 Avalanche. The other way to get the disc is by subscribing to or renewing a subscription with Nintendo Power, the publisher's in-house magazine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

YES. I put some out at Circuit City today. What they are is basically a regular GCN box with a little holo (read: shiny) sticker on them denoting the Zelda disc is inside. Check your Circuit Cities for them as they are probably all very similar. Hope that helps .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

Thanks guys....I think I'll check out Circuit City this weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gah, i went to 7 places yesterday trying to get one...almost all of them had them in but wouldn't sell me one gamestop says street date is day after thanksgiving. best buy said they'd have it in 17th... k-mart guy was a prick...they had 4 (FOUR) master quest bonus disks...i tried to get one...i couldn't. the guy wouldn't sell me one and he had no idea what it was, i got mad and left. he kept trying to do a price check on it and it clearly says on the back not for resale sheesh.

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not sure when exact street date is, I was simply told "Don't sell any bonus disc bundles until regular black/indigo stock is gone"

...we only have one indigo regular left so if there's a street date, someone better make it clear. Especially if Circuit City (one of them is literally ten feet to my left in the store) is already selling them.

-AG
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

It's not complicated. Nintendo decided that Nov. 17 was the street date. Which means that retailers are not allowed to put the product on the shelves, or sell it, before that date. If they are caught doing so, the chain in question might be penalized by the game maker (for example, by sending certain titles after everyone else has received it, or by removing a first-to-market privilege on a given A-title).

In other words, don't be surprised or pissed off if you can't get your hands on a Zelda GCN before Monday, you're not supposed to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yah! I got mine today at EB Games. I've been trying to get my hands on this all week. I walked in and asked and he said he just got 'the word' to start selling them 30 mins before i walked in the door. He had it in the back. Also, they were out of regular gamecubes so maybe that is why. Then I went to my favorite game store to get all the accessories/games...i had decided EB got enough of my $$$

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Man, I didn't think this bundle was going to be that huge of a boost for Nintendo if people are feening to get their hands on it this badly. I almost feel bad for getting it for free.