Thread: Confidentially speaking, this game sucks.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Confidentially speaking, this game sucks.

Well, I finally slogged my way through Confidential Mission, the light gun game for the Dreamcast with the secret agent theme. It seemed like a fantastic game when I'd played the arcade version, but its flaws become more apparent when you spend more than ten minutes with it. The game is ludicrously short, only taking thirty minutes to finish. The end boss is absolutely ridiculous... his "high tech armor" looks like someone just glued a bunch of television sets to his body. Finally, there's an utterly moronic conclusion that determines the ending you get, all on the outcome of a SINGLE SHOT! There's nothing like spending thirty minutes with this piece of crap, only to be rewarded for all that effort with a lousy ending after lousing up one freaking shot.
    The bottom line is this... House of the Dead 2 is better. It's got better graphics, more interaction with background objects, and more reliable control. The MadCatz light gun was never especially precise to begin with, but it's even less reliable when playing Confidential Mission.

JR

P.S. This post was just an excuse to debate Zach Meston over his choice of George Lazenby as the "worst Bond ever". He made this claim in a review of the Capcom stinker Fox Hunt, and I couldn't disagree more with this opinon. Timothy Dalton was easily, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst James Bond ever.
    The Gameroom Blitz. Here. Go. Now.
    http://grblitz.overclocked.org

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BOO HISS! I like the game, myself. It's like Virtua Cop, but with some personality, making it actually fun to play. And of course it's short; have you seen an arcade light gun game that isn't? Heh.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay. I hardy ever disagree this much, but I disagree on both accounts

Confidential Mission, when it first came out, was what my brother and I had been waiting for, a decent shooter for DC, besides house of the Dead 2. Granted it does have its flaws, but it is damn fun!

George Lazenby was the worst Bond ever, but it wasn't his fault. The Script for On her Majesty's Secret Service was just terrible, and I dont even think Connery could have saved it.

Timothy Dalton is actually the most accurate Bond from Ian Flemming's books. Serious, with a small twist of humour. although he is not the most likable Bond, Credit must be given for staying true to Flemming's design of the character.
    #vbender

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Confidentially speaking, this game sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko
    P.S. This post was just an excuse to debate Zach Meston over his choice of George Lazenby as the "worst Bond ever". He made this claim in a review of the Capcom stinker Fox Hunt, and I couldn't disagree more with this opinon. Timothy Dalton was easily, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst James Bond ever.
    Glancing at that seven-year-old GameSpot review reminded me why I never read my own stuff, or at least anything I wrote before turning 30 -- it's CRAP.

I have a soft spot for Dalton, given his turn in the sci-fi camp classic "Flash Gordon," but I was probably just jumping on the Lazenby-sucks bandwagon in that review, which is exactly what a talentless hack in his early 20s would do.

-- Z.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ah, confidentially speaking, doc...I AM THE WABBIT!

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2
    BOO HISS! I like the game, myself. It's like Virtua Cop, but with some personality, making it actually fun to play. And of course it's short; have you seen an arcade light gun game that isn't? Heh.
    Hear hear!

I. Love. This. Game.

Everything about it, to me, works perfectly.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup. Quite honestly, I think it probably has the best mix of lighthearted humor and serious action of any light gun game. Typing of the Dead would beat it, but it doesn't use a gun. ;-)

And that ending...
    "That's a confidential mission."
    Heh. If you've beaten it, you know what I mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel
    I have a soft spot for Dalton, given his turn in the sci-fi camp classic "Flash Gordon," but I was probably just jumping on the Lazenby-sucks bandwagon in that review, which is exactly what a talentless hack in his early 20s would do.

-- Z.
    Heh. Let's see...Lazenby's movie wasn't the best, but he was...aw, screw it, if I really knew what I was talking about I wouldn't be bringing up the worst James Bond actor, now, would I? :P

Neither Dalton or Lazenby really seemed to fit the role too closely...Dalton was a bigger hit with the ladies (so I am told).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked Confidential Mission, it wasn't as good as HOTD2 (mostly becuase there wasn't as much replay value) but it was still a fun game.

My vote for the worst Bond goes to Moore. Moonraker is by far the worst Bond movie ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Still...I remember when I first got to use a Moonraker laser weapon in Goldeneye. The only good thing from Moonraker + two of 'em + no more Moore + FPS = Good times.

Besides that, there's really nothing redeeming about the movie. Oh, they did get Jaws off the screen for good, that's something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Both the Silent Scope games also had final bosses where a single shot determined the ending, as I recall.

And Moore was great, says I.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho
    Both the Silent Scope games also had final bosses where a single shot determined the ending, as I recall.
    I know this is the case in Silent Scope and Silent Scope EX, but I don't know about 2 and 3, since I haven't played all the way through. I assume it's the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I saw the end of Silent Scope 2 in the arcade. It's a lovely bit in which the Evil Dude is hanging from Big Ben by a pair of handcuffs attached to the Beautiful Woman... Naturally, you have to shoot the handcuff chain.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko
    OT

Dalton was way more closer the Bond Fleming did for his novell. a very good Bond in my way.

My ranking his :

1- Connery
    2- Dalton
    3- Brosnan
    4- Moore (He save the franchise but not my style)
    5- Lazenby

Anyway, the "who the best Bond" it's a never ending kind of discusion.
    Oh eBay! you are such a pain, I am addicted to you like crack cocaine. You offer things I cannot find in stores,You are the pimp, and we are all your whores.