Thread: Constructor for PSX - Anyone own it?

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Default Constructor for PSX - Anyone own it?

I've been updating the PSX list and I've yet to come across a copy of Constructor by Acclaim either in person or on ebay...does anyone own one or was it not released after all?

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've also never seen it, online or off, despite the fact that Sony and other lists say it was released. Possibly a Euro release?, but definitely not released in the USA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Dangerboy may have it, i'll PM him and ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

From VACRMH's and my conversation:

Okay, here's what I've been able to gather from research on Constructor:

1. It was never released in the US on any gaming console, only PC in 1997.

2. It was advertised in the inside insert of Acclaim's release of PSX X-Men: Children of the Atom.

3. Acclaim's web-site gives absolutely no mention of the PSX version at all, heck, it barely even mentions its a PC game.

4. After doing some googling, it looks like it may have only been released to the PSX in Europe (several code listings mention pounds instead of dollars).
    Gamefaqs makes no mention of this in their listing.

5. While I didn't see it on Sony's PSX web-site catalog, I wouldn't trust that thing anyway. They have a lot of games listed as being released that weren't (Capcom Generations), and are missing quite a few. Last I checked, I own 11 older games they don't even have listed.

After I my purchase today, I'll be down to 99 PSX games left.

Thanks!
    Jason

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy
    After I my purchase today, I'll be down to 99 PSX games left.
    That is just incredible!

I'm sure our PlayStation section editor will be tapping you for information very soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's what I am here for.
    Also, I may be able to help out with the pictures you need for the guide, for the Laseractive section. I have 8 or 9 o fthe games, and If I can get my Dazzle up and running, I'll help out where I can (the Dazzle part being why I did not make a formal posting in the other forum).

Thanks =)
    Jason

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, now that's a collection. Does that include the Lightspan or no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't count LightSPan as part of the main collection since you could only get them normally through educational channels. Hell, I didn't even know what the hell they were until I saw one in the DP Guide.

I have about 11 of the Lightspan games, but won't bother trying to complete that until the main bird is cooked.

Jason

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Hey,

I gotta ask. Any tips for stockpiling the games? How much do you think you've spent on average per game? Do tell.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"Yes Dave"

Well...that's a tricky question, and thanks to the PSX situation, must be broken up into two sections.

We'll go with the overall answers first.

1. Patience is a Virtua
    If there is anything you can have when it comes to the collecting / buying games, always, ALWAYS play the waiting game. PS2 Disgaea was the last game I paid full price on, and then before that...I can't even remember. If you hold out, good things can come to you. I usually wait for pre-own games or uber sales before I even think about buying game.

2. When you shop, make it a field trip
    Because I work retail full time, I usually end up getting weird days off (next week would be a two day 'weekend' of Mon/Tues). If that's the case, and I have money, I will spend most of the day game shopping. I'm talking every Best Buy, Game Stop, EB Games, Kay Bee, Swap o Rama, Local Business, Game Crazy and what have you within a good 40 mile radius. I usually make myself a killer breakfast, shop till I can feel myself get *really* hungry, stop for a quick burger and fries, and continue on. Back in Maryland, my ex gf and I used to go through whole states plundering flea markets and the like. There is one Delaware Funcoland that will never be the same...

(quick side note and true story: you know you're in trouble when you walk in with your friend, and he asks the clerk how much you buy, and the clerk responds, "Are you kidding?! My warehouse sent a whole PALET of restock because of his purchases last week!")

3. Go for quantity, not quality
    I won't spend $30 on one game, but I'll spend $30 on several $4.99 games. Most stores have the pre-own cases out there (sans GameStop). If things look good, grab them and go. When I was going through my NES push, and games were still behind the counter, I used to wlak right up to the clerk, hand him $50 and tell him I wanted as many $1.99 and below games that could get me. I used to get back home with garbage bags full. Once a week Christmas came early

This way of buying, I think maybe...two or three times I got screwed with a crusty book or really scratched disc. Game Doctors with a touch of perm-a-spin are a beautiful thing. I also usually buy a bulk 50 count of replacement cases from Best Buy (for like...$12?). Sounds expensive at first, but in the long run it perfect.

And the discount cards, for god's sake buy the discount cards! I have EB, GS, GC and all have paid off themselves multiple times over.

and most importantly, and I mean this whole heartedly...

MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE CLERKS
    I don't mean this in a mafia way, or even a sneaky way. I mean be as damn well pleasant as you can be, all the time. I've had multiple Game Stop and Game Crazy managers beg me to come work for them (I'm an EB boy), both because of courteousness and knowledge. Whenever I go into a place i'm known, it's literally like an episode of Cheers. True story: Because of the kindness I gave them, as well as helping out their customers when the clerk didn't know the answers, I got a brand spanking new Steel Battlion for a Pre-own price minus the discount card percentage. The clerk simply defected out the pre-owned one as a defective new on. The $70 I saved on that went right back into the store on other games I needed.

Post this, then to the PSX version of the above...

[/i]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As for average price? I will NOT Pay any more than $14.99 for a game, and even then it has to be minty / great condition compete. Low priority games like sports / collection fillers warrant about the $3 range. Only the true chasers (Rhapsody, Point Blank w/ Gun complete, Dragonball GT) will get what they deserve. Most PSX Games I pay about $7 each...except there's this particular little catch....

Okay...now the PSX version of that answer, and where your hatred towards me build up...consider this the moral of the above post:

Working Backwards:

4. Make Friends
    A few months before I left Maryland, I was on unemployment (used to work for Interact, they went buh-bye...) and scraping my way for bill money. Having sold off a LOT of goodies (import PS2 among others), I got a call from a friend of a friend who I had helped out a lot in the past. Turns out a local business was going out of business, wanted to unload as much as possible before going to dealers/etc to get bills out of the way, and called me in. I had free reign of their entire backroom, lock stock and barrel.

3. Go for quantity, not quality
    Sure enough, tjhere was the video game wall. Used games as far as the eye could see, and there were A LOT of PSX, N64, and GB games in particular. (Looking back, I should have gone nuts on the N64, but like I said, this was all fly-by-the-seat of my pants, on unemployment)

My friend said that they'd prefer to sell as a whole, and not break it up. They asked me what they thought stuff was worth. Thanking god for having knowledge of corporate trade in values at the time, I explained that most of their library were sports games (which they were) and weren't much. I told them I'd buy the entire shelf for an average of a $1.00 a game (again, this was for games that traded in for like, $0.25). They agreed, but due to their predicamant, I couldn't use my credit card...and I had no cash on me. Thinking quickly, I told them to hang on and I'd be right back.

Make it a field trip
    Knowing they were in the same predicament I was, I did what anyone facing unemployment / loss of a business would hope for: help with the essentials. I used my credit card to purchase Gift Cards that they could use: Grocery Stores, Clothing stores, a gift certificate to the owner's favorite dining place, etc. Heading back, I had about $750 worth of Cards for payment of the 750 games.

When I got back, they were speechless at my idea, and thanked me for it. It also turns out that there was another box of games that they'd toss in for free as payment for my gas mileage. Both sides were overjoyed. 6 months later they ended up starting a new business and everyting turned out okay. The owner used the Gift Certificate for their celebration dinner ^_^

1. Patience is a Virtua
    After finally logging and checking cds, I kept the ones I needed, and realized two things:

a) The added box turned the initial 750 count into about 900 games. There were so many doubles that I was able to sell them off in smaller packages on Ebay, and made $1200. In other words, I was just paid $450 to take 750 games off someone's hands. And made rent...on unemployment.

b) The extra box for my gas mileage? Arc the Lad with watch, Super Puzzle Fighter II, Castlevania: SOTN, City of Lost Children, most of the Capcom fighters, and some of the newer sports games. All free. All in brand new/opened/complete condition.

And with that, 3/4ths of a 1240 count library were wiped out in a single day.

Here's to life's little pleasures and once-in-a-lifetime moments.

Jason
    (who, incidentally, is STILL paying off the credit card he used to do all of that )