OK, I want to get broadband down in my basement gameroom, I had the comcast guy here yesterday and he said the reason my digital cable works down there but broadband doesn't is because teh signal is too weak from being split too many times. (I had previously disconnected my computer and hauled it down there to test to see if broadband was coming in over that cable, and it wasn't)

He said the only way to get my PS2 online down there was to run a dedicated line. This will cost me big bucks to get a guy to come in and drill through walls and run sa cable throught he ceiling and whatnot. My other option is to go wireless. However, my home network (of 2 computers) is waaaaaaaaaaaay on the other side of the house and two floors up. It's currently running on a Linksys Etherfast cable/DSL router (I have broadband cable)

My question is, does anyone know if a wireless Linksys is going to be able to send the signal that far? Also, the PS2 online adaptor, how does it work, do you simply screw the broadband cable directly into it?

Thanks in advance for your advice guys 'n gals, I'm dying to get my PS2 online but I keep getting thwarted at every turn!

P.S. The URL below is the wireless hub I was pondering. Any comments?

http://tinyurl.com/vujv