Thread: I'm thinking of trying to talk the manager of EB out of...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default I'm thinking of trying to talk the manager of EB out of...

...there N-Gage Demo unit. Ok, first of all before you go calling me nuts, hes a semi friend. They give me lots of displays. And I know they probably won't want to get rid of it for about another 6 months but I can be first in line for it.

My question is though, has anyone ever tried to do this before? I mean, it actually has some value unlike the cardboard displays I usually take. So hopefully someone can give me some advice on this or some little thing I'm overlooking that would cause them not to give it to me or something. Anything is useful! Thanks guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I don't know how it is with Nokia, but the other demo systems are property of their respective companies, and they usually collect the stuff they put in the store when they are done with it. Good luck on getting it, but I'm not sure if you could.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

You can sometimes buy them from Gamestop, but they are like $300. Like Drexel said though, most companies usually pull them out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

All the people at my local EB know I collect and one of my good friends works there, so I get some of the ad things sometimes. A lot of the times I'm there they offer to sell me the GameCube display for $1000. Of course I'm not gonna buy it, but I think you would probably be able to get them to sell you one, especially if you wait until the system dies (which will probably be the N-Gage first anyway)
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to try that also. I want a store display pretty bad, and no one even trys the Nokia. I am pretty sure they wont take it. But If I walk in there with $250 cash we'll see what they say. I hope they say yes. That would be awsome to have.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    I'm going to try that also. I want a store display pretty bad, and no one even trys the Nokia. I am pretty sure they wont take it. But If I walk in there with $250 cash we'll see what they say. I hope they say yes. That would be awsome to have.
    Wouldn't they just tell you to buy an N-Gage instead? Anyhow, it's not that easy, there's paper work, calls, DM approvals (atleast for gamestop) that need to go through. As it stands right now, I believe there are only 3 demo units deemed "salable" in our computers: the DC, the N64, and one other. Only the dead systems, the other ones are still owned by the companies, so you'd probably have to call Nokia if you really want one.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didnt realize that. I felt liek the n-gage was cheaper. Anywho theyd probably want like 5-600
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Heh, I have the same kind of friends at my Funco, and I already clled dibs on the Nokia display. They'll give it to me if they can. Can't hurt to ask and wait.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So wait...is it like anybody can go into a GameStop/Babbage's and get them to sell an old display for the right price? o_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    So wait...is it like anybody can go into a GameStop/Babbage's and get them to sell an old display for the right price? o_O
    Sorta, it depends on the display. I don't remember the sku's (I think it was something like Demo Unit starts with an 03----?) Anyhow, they were $300 and it has to be DM approved. I was trying to go through the process to get a DC one, but the weasly-ex-manager of the store that had the one I had my name on kept jerking me around for months on the "real" price, so I gave up.