Thread: Amiga CAPS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Amiga CAPS

http://www.caps-project.org

Ever hear of this before? As far as I gather it is a new way for Amiga disks to be dumped. I downloaded the dll from the site and used it with WinUAE and a CAPS game image (there are a few posted to the newsgroups as I speak) and it worked fine.

EDIT: Ahh, it seems they are concentrating on dumping only original disks, complete with their original protection. This is a great thing for people who need to re-create their original store bought Amiga games when they cease to function sometime in the future. I hope many contribute to this project!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Amiga CAPS

http://www.caps-project.org

Ever hear of this before? As far as I gather it is a new way for Amiga disks to be dumped. I downloaded the dll from the site and used it with WinUAE and a CAPS game image (there are a few posted to the newsgroups as I speak) and it worked fine.

EDIT: Ahh, it seems they are concentrating on dumping only original disks, complete with their original protection. This is a great thing for people who need to re-create their original store bought Amiga games when they cease to function sometime in the future. I hope many contribute to this project!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The DSK2FDI program was posted over at Oldskool.org some time ago, actually. It makes use of a funky hardware trick that requires two floppy drives to be connected to your computer.

Wasn't there already a website somewhere with a massive quantity of legal Amiga games? I don't think it was as scrupulously organized, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The DSK2FDI program was posted over at Oldskool.org some time ago, actually. It makes use of a funky hardware trick that requires two floppy drives to be connected to your computer.

Wasn't there already a website somewhere with a massive quantity of legal Amiga games? I don't think it was as scrupulously organized, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think you may be thinking of http://www.back2roots.org . I haven't visited the site in awhile, but last I checked there were a ton of free games and demos for download.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think you may be thinking of http://www.back2roots.org . I haven't visited the site in awhile, but last I checked there were a ton of free games and demos for download.