Thread: Spiderman 2 variant on PS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Spiderman 2 variant on PS?

This is going back a bit so hang in there. Back in November of 2001 an eBay seller started selling copies of Spiderman 2 Enter Electro (or whatever it's called) that he claimed had the scenes of the WTC in it. If you recall the game was put on hold after 9/11 and some alterations were made to the background. His user name is tomegatherion. As an estimate I would say he sold least 250 of these. The auctions were only for the disc which was screened and on a proper PS disc. The thing is he never got any negative feedback calling him a fraud and none of his auctions were ever pulled.

I was wondering if anyone remebers these auctions if it came up on the boards . I would imagine it got some attention. I did buy one becase is was $25 (BIN) which seemed like a good deal anyway because the game was just released and cost $55 to $60 here in Canada. I just never played it through becuase I didn't like it that much.

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

I dunno...but that game is a Greatest Hits title now, so I'd expect that any copies of the supposed "WTC edition" would be extremely rare.

Personally, I've only played Spiderman 2: Enter Electro on a demo disc, so I don't know how easily you'd be able to tell the difference in the full game...
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Darn. I was hoping more people knew about this. I found this about the changes made.

http://www.gamepower.com.au/?aid=409

Apparently there is a level skip cheat. I'm going to check it out over the holidays. I might have to rent the released version to see if there really was a change made.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I have a "complete", original version of Spider-man 2, from I don't even know who but they were pressed and "pulled" before going to the retail shops. I was able to verify that there is in fact a level where it appears the World Trade Center is the stage (you fight Electro up there).

What I was never able to verify was the re-released version's difference. Did they really remove the WTC? I've never seen it with my own eyes or have anyone explain first-hand what happens in that stage.

So, like you... I'm waiting!

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

And while we're at it, were the Banditos removed from Toy Story 2 after all?

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."