Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Most You've Ever Paid for a Single Game?

Insert Coin (Level 0) interactii's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

235 for Starfox Superweekend (SNES) :/

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$170 for
    Dinopark Tycoon
    3DO

Insert Coin (Level 0) skankinmack's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$135 for a caltron 6-in-1 or $91 plus ship for a flintstones surprise at dino peak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

$75 for a new copy of Skyhammer for the Jaguar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally never want to pay too much for commercial games. Patience is certainly the key to find good deals, even on Ebay.

However, the most I have ever spent (by far) was around $120 for Soldier Blade Special for the PC Engine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Cinder6

Aside from games when they are new, I guess my biggest purchase was $60 for Dracula X on the Saturn. I'm going to outdo that soon, though, when I get Radiant Silvergun.
    Knowledge is Power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

My top dollar spending for games are:
    Radiant Silvergun $100
    Magical Chase $165 (on ebay- I didn't even know I had won til 2 days later as this game was going for around $200 at the time)
    Keio Flying Squadron $128 (my original snapped clean in half and I had to have this game no matter the cost!)

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Used Game: $40 for Pirates on the NES
    "New" Game: $50 for the unreleased Charles Barkley game for the Atari Jaguar

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

The equivalent of $250 US for a mint cart only MVS Samurai Shodown V Special. I only owned it for a little less than a year or so and got back pretty much what I put into it. So worth it to play in its pure form.

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Hmm... I think the most I paid was US$130 for Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. And my PC-engine duo stopped working before it came in...

As far as new school stuff.... 59.99 for a new Growlanser Generations special. That I do regret, as the game is garbage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sirhansirhan View Post
    Well, in the past two weeks I've bought a complete, mint as hell Panzer Dragoon Saga for $141, an also complete, also mint as hell Dragon Force for $94, and a complete, not very mint Guardian Heroes for $75. Stupid Saturn, costing me a lot of money.

I've yet to pop in PDS, but I'm absolutely obsessed with Dragon Force--that game rules. Guardian Heroes is awesome, too, but it's more of a two player game, and I don't usually have a second player around.

Speaking of which, since I quoted my old record (now the second-most I've ever paid for a single game) at the top of this thread, and we just passed the one year anniversary of me making that purchase, I'm so glad I bought that Keio Flying Squadron when I did. It's such an awesome game, and I almost never see them for sale at all.
    I didnt even know Keio Flying Squadron was going for that much. I nabbed mine complete with a complete sega cd and a handfull of games for 50 bucks, kind of glad i found that auction!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quest for the N64, on release day.

Well worth the $70+tax ... *cries*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$500.00 USD to have an IKARI III upright cab built from the ground up for me, sadly without the Bezel, but utilizing an original IKARI cab, but with the proper IKARI III marquee. I'm a gamer not a tech head and I had to search out the arcade vendor and more or less strong arm him to go sifting through his back warehouse to just find the PCB. The game doesn't mean much to most ppl, but IKARI III: The Rescue (arcade) is one of my all time BEU games, though P.O.W. did prove to be easier to control and no rotary joystick problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Old Skool- Retail - Mortal Kombat II SNES $80 or so on release.....I've bought much more expensive coin-ops and package deals, but I remember that single one (note: It was TOTALLY worth every cent...I played that game to death)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The most I payed for a game is when NES games were being liquidated and I bought Star Tropics and Star Tropics 2 for about $10 each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 50s Brawler View Post
    $500.00 USD to have an IKARI III upright cab built from the ground up for me, sadly without the Bezel, but utilizing an original IKARI cab, but with the proper IKARI III marquee. I'm a gamer not a tech head and I had to search out the arcade vendor and more or less strong arm him to go sifting through his back warehouse to just find the PCB. The game doesn't mean much to most ppl, but IKARI III: The Rescue (arcade) is one of my all time BEU games, though P.O.W. did prove to be easier to control and no rotary joystick problems.
    This sounds cool. I'm assuming that you went with the almighty rotary joysticks. Do you have any pictures of your finished project?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Technosis View Post
    This sounds cool. I'm assuming that you went with the almighty rotary joysticks. Do you have any pictures of your finished project?
    Well like I said, I'm not a tech head (no put down intended, I wish I was a tech head then I wouldn't have to hire others to do stuff for me), but after tracking down an arcade vendor who really didn't want to dig into his warehouse of games, I convinced him to put an upright cab together specifically for IKARI III: The Rescue. Since I bugged him and it took time off his regular routes, he charged me $500.00 take it or leave it, and after having attended several "Super Auctions" events and it never turning up I said screw it and paid the man. (2) days later he delievered it to my house with two working rotary sticks, though they look like regular sticks and it's on the old TradeWest IKARI Warriors control scheme. I never cared for the actual Bezel artwork for IKARI III anyhow, so it'll prolly just remain black. I'm not sure if I should post the pic of my private arcade room, (for multiple reasons on my part, though I did post the same pic at another forum I used to be active at but don't much care for anymore) but I don't have a pic of it (the IKARI III cab) by itself and still haven't gotten around to buying a new digital camera. The only pic I have is with my two other uprights, as seen in the picture below.

I still have a Konami shooter called MX 5000 that I ordered complete from a guy up north last year... (that's PCB, bezel, and control stick with 2 button layout) still sitting in a box, that one day I'll have another contact of mine put into the respective cab with the correct vertical monitor. Then I'm still debating if I want to shell out a few hundred for a nice Final Fight cab off a former vendor I know locally, but I have the game on the Capcom Classics Collection on PS2 and don't really know if I can justify such a purchase with other priorities. I wanted a Shinobi cab, but sadly it has that damned "suicide battery" in it. Hope you liked the pic.

Strawberry (Level 2) xtremegamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XHEAT99

Most I've ever shelled out was $74.99 for WWF Warzone on N64 from Kay Bee Toys. Man that was a stupid move, but I did get it about a week before release. One of the worst wrestling games I've ever played, but I was sure hyped for it to come out. Oh well, live and learn, now I buy all my games used. The last game I bought on release day was GTA: Vice City on PS2, never again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Desert Strike for the SNES when it was released

$70.00

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I paid in the neighborhood of $53 for Dragon Quest VIII around Christmas time, 2K5. And it was worth every penny.
    Last edited by Three-P; 02-24-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    Gimmie a game, I'll either love it, or pimp-smack it.