Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Default Weird Xbox problem....

Alright, so I finally got a TV to hook my games back up and I tried hooking up my Xbox through the component cables I have for it....no response. I also have 2 of the Advanced AV Packs (official S-video kits), and they don't work either. The regular AV cables it came with, however, work fine. What the hell is up with that? I refuse to believe that I have 3 faulty sets of wires. This must be something to do with when lightning hit my tv/xbox a few months ago. The Xbox was on when the lightning struck (I was playing Gunvalkyrie and it shocked me through the controller just a bit). Is there any way to fix this sort of problem? If not it's off to MS or EB (it still works fine through AV, which I assume 90% of the market uses anyway). This sucks.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

have you tried ruling out the TV as the source of the problem?

Try another console, dvd player or other video product thru the component jacks on the TV as well as trying your Xbox on another TV with your component cables if possible.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It isnt the tv.... he just got a new hd.................bastage.....
    http://www.davidwhite.cjb.net
    CitizenWhite(at)hotmail(dot)com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Well, I contacted MS about it and got a bunch of generic suggestions, nothing useable. This pisses me off! Here I am with an HDTV and not a single console with component cables (that work)!!! I'm getting a quote for them on repair, but if it's too expensive I'm just going to trade it in somewheres or sell it, I have no use for a (modern) console that has no support for high-def. Damn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Default Re: Weird Xbox problem....

Quote Originally Posted by DrJustinRamone
    Alright, so I finally got a TV to hook my games back up and I tried hooking up my Xbox through the component cables I have for it....no response. I also have 2 of the Advanced AV Packs (official S-video kits), and they don't work either. The regular AV cables it came with, however, work fine. What the hell is up with that? I refuse to believe that I have 3 faulty sets of wires. This must be something to do with when lightning hit my tv/xbox a few months ago. The Xbox was on when the lightning struck (I was playing Gunvalkyrie and it shocked me through the controller just a bit). Is there any way to fix this sort of problem? If not it's off to MS or EB (it still works fine through AV, which I assume 90% of the market uses anyway). This sucks.
    Since you said that the XBox got struck by lightning, maybe that is the problem. EB has a $100 trade in value on an XBox, so buy a memory card back up your save games, and trade it and and pick up a new one.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Interestingly enough, not all Xbox games support the memory card. And besides, I can stand to lose most of my Xbox saved games (I had only had it around a month when the goddamn lightning hit). Looks like I'm headed to EB to trade it in Friday (I won't trade it in at Gamestop, they're still worth a damn). Looks like I'll get either a replacement system or either a ps2 or something. Either way, this thing's gotta go!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I Almost lost my Xbox AND a Halo Disk earlier in the year. My Xbox literally "ATE" it. It got stuck in the system and when I got it out it was severely scratched (The Disk) Still Plays Good Though :P

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not all TV's component inputs support Progressive scan. Mine has 2 inputs but only one supports progressive scan. Not all tv's support 720 mode as well, most are either 480p and 1080i only unless it says it on the box that it supports 720p, make sure you didn't switch your 720 on or switch your 480p and 1080i on and are not going through the supporting inputs.