Thread: Dual Shock 2 problems

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dual Shock 2 problems

Hello everyone. Recently I've been quite some trouble with ye olde DS2. Y'see, shortly after I bought my PS2, I had the return the controller, because the R1 button broke off (which is darn strange, because I press buttons lightly). A couple months later (last week), the same problem occurs. This time the button is jammed in, and when I try to get it back to normal, the button pops out. I tried popping the button back in, but it wouldn't work. Everytime I pressed it, it got stuck. So two days ago, I returned it to Future Shop and got a new one. I didn't try it out until the next day, which is when I found something very wrong with it. Playing MGS, I pushed triangle and the game flickered in and out of first person mode. Being a light button-presser, I pushed harder. It worked, but I shouldn't have had to do that. Also, the d-pad and circle button were unresponsive. I plugged in my brother's controller and tried it out, and even when I was pressing the buttons lightly, it was doing fine. So I tested my pad out on SFAlpha 3. The Super Combos became increasingly hard to pull off and I had no jumping control. Symphony of the Night was the same. I had to pound the buttons to pull off Richter's specials, and Alucard's spells were near impossible. So I returned the pad today and received another replacement. This one had the same problem as the last. I thought that maybe Sony made the controllers pressure-sensitive for PSX games, and played the three games again. Same problems. I then tested it out on PS2 games. First with Vice City, and then on Red Faction 2 in a match against my brother. There was a time when I was shooting off an Uzi and it just stopped firing. I was holding down the R1 button, but nothing was happening (no, I wasn't out of ammo or reloading). I pushed harder. Still nothing. I had to release and fire again, only to encounter the problem again. I guess I'll be paying FutureShop another visit on Boxing Day. This time I won't be too happy about it either.

Has anyone else had similiar problems with DS2 controllers?
    Whoever wins, the battle doesn't end. The loser is freed from the battlefield, but the winner must remain there, and the survivor must live his life as the warrior until he dies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

No, but I would like to congratulate you on your uncanny knack for finding broken controllers! I've bought four or five over the past couple of years, and have at least ten friends with PS2s, and none of them have ever had a controller problem.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope but one of my friends threw his dual shock at the wall and the analog came off.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

The only problem I had was with the DS2 that came with my system. It used to pause and unpause all by itself . Traded it in at EB for store credit.