Imagine that the Game Boy Advance was a console that plugged into a TV. Imagine that it was available in XMAS of 1992. How would it have fared against the Genesis and Super Nintendo?

How would it have fared from a technological standpoint?

What I'm getting at, is that with the Game Boy Player for the GameCube that allows you to play Game Boy Advance games on a TV, it's almost like the Game Boy Advance is another console. And with that, comes the thought that the Game Boy Advance is the most recent 16-Bit primarily 2D console available. With new games constantly hitting all the time.

Now, I have some issues regarding this. First, I do have a GBA, but I don't have the Game Boy Player. So I have never seen GBA games blown up on a TV screen. I would imagine that by blowing the image up, on a large TV, you would get "Pixel City to the 12th degree". If that is the case, then this wonderous epifany of sorts, would be diminished.

If that isn't the case, then a GBA plus a GC, plus a Game Boy Player, could be a dream of dreams for people like me, who are more interested in 2D, 16-bitish type gaming.

I mean, this question is basically for somebody that has a GBA, a Cube and a Game Boy Player hooked up to a large T.V., and this person also has say a Genesis and a Super Nintendo also hooked up to this large TV. How does the GBA compare?

If it can hold it's own, then I know that I need to get a Game Boy Player ASAP.

One other question..... I have my GameCube hooked up to a big HDTV, and I mostly only play progressive scan compatable Cube games. When you attach the Game Boy Player to the Cube, does it affect the progressive scan output of some of the Cube games? Any insights into that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Good day.

I said, "GOOD DAY!".

(that last quote is from Willy Wonka)