Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one too embarassed to go Dumpster Diving?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hehe.. u said rubbish .. i dont hear that everyday.. anywayz.. the only stores in my town with games are.. sears,walmart,kmart,kbtoys,and fye..

sears/kbtoys/fye are all in our mall.. which have dumpsters with locked fences surrounding them.. also sometimes the gates are open.. but they're like right next to the main entrance to the mall and theres no chance in hell that i'd be seen going in lmao. also walmart and kmart's dumpsters, if they had ANYTHING, i'd have to dig through all the crap from the other sections of the store.. since all the trash goes into one dumpster.. the only way i would get free sh!t from kbtoys or fye and stuff, is if i asked them if they had any gaming things they were throwing away... and i'd prolly be too embarassed to ask them that in person.. i'd prolly call in and ask.. plus if i asked in person, i prolly wouldnt make it out the door with the shit b4 i was beaten by a bunch of kids and had my shit taken lmao.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG, I never even thought of dumpster diving for gaming stuff! I bet you can get alot of free magazines that way too. Most game stores will throw out all the leftover copies as soon as they get the new issues in. That's how I used to get all my gaming mags for free. The guys at my local EB would just give them to me as soon as they got them in, because they said I was always in there buying a ton of games, and they always throw away extra copies at the end of the month anyway. I didn't even have to ask them to do this, they just started doing it one day. They were really good to me.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    Heck I'm a bit embrassed to ask at the store if they had any extra stuff right now.
    What about after the manager has found you in their dumpster?

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidleeroth
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine23
    Heck I'm a bit embrassed to ask at the store if they had any extra stuff right now.
    What about after the manager has found you in their dumpster?
    Actually at my EB when the manager found out that I look through the dumpster he started holding things for me, and If it's to much stuff he'll tell me to go look in the dumpster because he just threw a lot of stuff out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

Quote Originally Posted by WiseSalesman
    I've been thinking about "taking the plunge". Can anyone brief me on the legality issues?
    AFAIK there's nothing illegal about it unless there's some sort of "no trespassing" sign around the area or on the dumpsters themselves. The owners of the center where my Blockbuster store is put signs at every rear driveway. There used to be a problem with homeless guys digging around and one got hurt. I guess he was after Boston Market's trash.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

We've got Jack of All Games, a wholesaler, nearby. They're the ones who re-wrap the old N64/SNES/Genny games in the cardboard and resell them. They also handle the ditribution of the newer PSX budget games you see floating around. I've personally been diving there once, only for some of those cool plexiglass spinning showcases. They had quite a few games in there, mainly old Genesis sports titles. Can't remember anything of note that I found. And we're talking an industrial sized dumpter here, not a small one.

I should go back sometime........
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.