Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EB Games is a lying sack of s**t! I am so PISSED!!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default EB Games is a lying sack of s**t! I am so PISSED!!

Ive had TWO bad deals with EB games today! The earlier one I can handle (upping the price of the GBA games on sale)...but this one really pisses me off!

Well, you all know of the trade in ANY (key word in the deal...ANY) 4 non-sports PS2, Xbox, GCN games and get Sonic Heroes FREE!

Well, as usual, I try to find a way to exploit the deal and get something I want for cheap. So this time, I got in there, they have the preowned at buy 2 get 1 free. I pick up Extermination (ps2 - 7.99), Wipeout (ps2 - 8.99), Pryzm (ps2 - 7.99) & New Legends (xbox - 4.99)...total of 21.00 after my 10% off card.

I buy them, leave the store, return 5 mins later and tell him I want to trade them in for Sonic Heroes...he tells me I CAN'T! There excluded from the deal! I try arguing, but its no use, he wont budge...he says i cant trade them in! Even though there not sports games...so I get my money back and leave very very pissed.

Why run a sale when you are going to be a bitch and not follow your own rules?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How much was Sonic Heroes?
    Whoever wins, the battle doesn't end. The loser is freed from the battlefield, but the winner must remain there, and the survivor must live his life as the warrior until he dies.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ask to talk to the manager. He isnt supposed to refues it, so you should get your game. He was probably pissed that you were just in there buying the games, and then you came back trying to trade them in. He probably has it in for you.
    Just ask to talk to the manager next time, and im sure it will be straightened out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight
    Ask to talk to the manager. He isnt supposed to refues it, so you should get your game. He was probably pissed that you were just in there buying the games, and then you came back trying to trade them in. He probably has it in for you.
    Just ask to talk to the manager next time, and im sure it will be straightened out.
    I know the manager there....hes a real prick about this type of shit.

For instance, this morning, I seen a Banjo-Kazooie GBA game on the shelf marked 9.99 (supposed to be 19.99) and I go up there, point it out, and tell him I want it and I want to use the 5.00 off coupon in the sales ad (being 5.00 for the game, duh)...he wont let me! He says he will sell it to me for 9.99 but wont let me use the coupon!

These people don't like me I tell you, they know what I do, they DO have it in for me those sons of bitches

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Then...don't go there. It's really that simple.

Sorry, not trying to be a smart-ass, but with the magic of e-commerce, there's no longer the home court advantage of any one place being the only storefront in town. Take your money elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eh well I can understand where he's coming from.
    Mwerp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castelak
    Eh well I can understand where he's coming from.
    Yeah, its a simple fact of im trying to get something cheap that wont work anywhere else. And even more so the fact that there not honoring there own sales.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

Sometimes I hate going to EB. The manager there is cool, but the rest are real Dumbasses. x_x Sometimes I wonder how they got their jobs in the first place. Thats why I brush by them and just deal with the manager.

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Yeah, its a simple fact of im trying to get something cheap that wont work anywhere else. And even more so the fact that there not honoring there own sales.
    When you're trying to return something you just bought five minutes earlier? I don't blame them really.

Not trying to pass judgement on you as a person, but your actions as described in this case could be construed as...well, underhanded. If I were in the manager's position, I wouldn't be letting anyone do what you tried to do either. Come on, there's a difference between honoring the terms of an announced sale and letting someone pull one over on you.

Then again, I'm an old fart, so maybe I just don't understand these things.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have bought the four games and left. About an hour later have a friend bring those four games back and get Sonic!
    GameGuru
    Visit Nostalgia Gaming if you like classic gaming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have bought the four games and left. About an hour later have a friend bring those four games back and get Sonic!
    DING! DING! DING!

A winner is you.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea in the case where you bought the 4 games and then tried to trade them in 5 minutes later lol i dont blame them, but the GBA game thing, you prolly shoulda been able to get the game..

lol besides probably remembering you just buying them... if they're selling those games that cheap, they're apparently trying to get em the hell out of the store lol since nobody wants them, but a sale is a sale.. you probably should have gotten that, since it does abide by the sale, but if i was the manager i prolly wouldnt have sold it to u either :P u dont have like.. another store selling those games that cheap?.. or like another EB.. if i were u, i'd buy em at one store and take me to the other..

also one last question.. did u take the price tag off the game lol.. if not, that wouldnt be smart :P

anywayz... thats how the world works.. tha man's always tryin to keep up gamers down!

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Default Re: EB Games is a lying sack of s**t! I am so PISSED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    I buy them, leave the store, return 5 mins later and tell him I want to trade them in for Sonic Heroes...he tells me I CAN'T! There excluded from the deal!
    No offense, but it sounds like all they did was stop YOU from screwing THEM. It was stupid of them to offer the deal in the first place, since it was obviously poorly thought out, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for you when you were basically trying to swindle the game out of them for cheap.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, as usual, I try to find a way to exploit the deal and get something I want for cheap
    Well, you really don't have a right to be too angry, then. Or at the very least, not surprised that the store is going to try to protect itself. It IS in business to make a profit.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would have to agree that they should really have honored it since they werent too specific (although how do you get specific? put an asterisk that says "as long as you dont screw us over" ). But really think... If you were running the store, wouldnt you be a little ticked if someone tried to pull that on you?
    I like monkeys...and poop...and monkeys that poop...and play video games

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is what i was talking about. This could've been posted in the official GameStop stupid thread. These kinds of posts always happen. Now do you see?!?!

But yea It sucks when this kind of stuff happens.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Usually on EB flyers it says "some restrictions apply" "see store/sales associate for details" or "ask for list of qualifying games"

I would not be suprised if it said that somewhere. If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is. If it sounds to good to be true, ask for details.

Strawberry (Level 2) LazingBlazers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PartsJohn

@Cmosfm:

Dude, that is TOO funny! 5 minutes? You've got to play it cool, and that timeframe ain't the case. I'm surprised the store clerks just didn't tell you to "get the F**K OUT!". I pulled some crap remotely like this when I was around the age of 16 at my local Funcoland. There was some new manager, and he told me to "Get the HELL OUT OF MY STORE!!!". Actually, he was semi-nice at first, but I think I gave him a boat-load of shit about his cleaning kits or some stuff.

Just go to the EB across town tomorrow, and peel the price-tags off first.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cmosfm, go to Circuit City, buy a bunch of their 50% games, and try it again at EB Games. You'll feel like a new man knowing you got over on that sucker...
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Achika
    Usually on EB flyers it says "some restrictions apply" "see store/sales associate for details" or "ask for list of qualifying games"

I would not be suprised if it said that somewhere. If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is. If it sounds to good to be true, ask for details.
    Ding! Check that list - I guarentee anything with less than a trade value of $10 is NOT on there. They do the math beforehand, so they don't get screwed (usually). Hence why when KB did it's magic clearance sale, there were very few to no titles that would allow you to get away with trading them in to make profits. (By dropping current tradein values)

And LB is right - think first. Go to another EB near by. Wait until the first store switches shifts. Anything. Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink.

dave