Thread: God bless you EB, you incompetent bastards!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Default God bless you EB, you incompetent bastards!

Just had to tell about today's find at EB Games. I had pretty much banished myself form the place after some fiascoes I had there buying used DVDs, but on a friends request I went there today and boy did it pay off. My friend was looking through the 3rd party ps2 pads and saw the new Nyko "mini keyboard" controller and joked about how silly it looked. I looked a few rows underneath and noticed they had a used one with the generic preowned ps2 controller tag on it for $7.99. Not bad, I thought, so I scrambled through the controllers on the peg behind it....to find a Logitech ps2 wireless pad for....$7.99. That's right, the same one that retails for $59.99 I bought used for $7.99! My main question is...why didn't one of the employees snatch this up? I mean..damn! I might have to start going there again, if only to take advantage of their stupid shortcomings!

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm so jealous. I've been eyeing those Logitech controllers forever, but can't justify $59 for one.

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

Default Re: God bless you EB, you incompetent bastards!

" My main question is...why didn't one of the employees snatch this up?
    Might be because a lot of them are Tards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Lucky find. I wish I could find some great stuff like that now and then.
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a PlayCube adaptor once for $4.99 because they mismarked it as a GameCube extension cable. I love screw-ups as long as they're in my favor...

Another time, I got an N64 expansion pack there for $.99 by mistake, and I went over to Gamestop to get $20 for it...
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

Ha, funny that you mention the Playcube adaptor, I got an adaptor that lets you use ps2 pads on Xbox/GCN at Gamestop a while back for $4.99! It really does pay to look closely and take your time browsing. I was practically ready to leave when I found that wireless controller!

Strawberry (Level 2) GunPanther's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Speaking of mistakes....

About a year ago, I visited an EB Games store that had just opened up. Browsing through the "classic" PS1 game shelf, I noticed that they had a brand new "C-12: Final Resistance" for only $4.99. Needless to say, I brought the game case up to the counter and asked for 4 copies of the game.

Upon scanning one of the game's UPC codes, the salesperson said something to the effect of "Oh, there's been a mistake. This game is supposed to retail for $29.99...." upon hearing that, I became a bit irate. I asked him why the tag said $4.99 and that there must be a mistake.

Sure enough, he broke down without me even having to use the words "Let me speak to your manager" and he ended up selling all 4 of them to me for $4.99 each.

He then said that he'd fix the error and started to remove the price tag off the display copy.

Then he realized that the game just sold out because I bought all 4 copies that the store had.

I walked out with a good deal that day.

I then turned around and sold 3 of them on Ebay for $20.00 each BEFORE shipping.

GunPanther
    "Sometimes you just have to shoot their limbs to get their attention."

Good traders: Querjek, k8track, youruglyclone

http://users.ign.com/collection/gymleader_panther

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A note about the 'incompetence'...

You bought exactly what you paid for: a 3rd Party Controller.
    There are many items that come up as "Zero Value" as in it gets $0.00 in credit. GBC accessories, a handful of PC games, most Mobile Gaming Monitors, and a few Wireless controllers come up as a big goose egg.

So what happened (as is the case in my store) whoever bought it back obviously wanted to give the customer *something* for it, so they listed it under the 3rd Parrty Controller. We've also bought back other items that were zero value as a different item just to give the customer something. (The GC/PSX controllers are perfect examples. I got mine for the same price under the same tag name).

So it's not someone being stupid, it's someone helping the someone else out, which in turn happened to help you out.

As for your comment of "My main question is...why didn't one of the employees snatch this up? I mean..damn! I might have to start going there again, if only to take advantage of their stupid shortcomings!"

Easy. Most people thought it was a piece of shit because of the god awful size. There's this lovely thing called personal opinions. Obviously your opinion of the controller differed from that of the employees.

Here's my main question: Someone traded in a $60 controller for $4 in Store Credit. Who's the 'tard now?

Jason

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Heh. That's why I NEVER trade anything into a EB or a GameStop. I'll sell it on Amazon (first choice) and EBay rather then get almost nothing for it. Buy a lot of stuff from them also, so it all balances out.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I didn't mean it as an attack against all EB's but this one in particular is one I've had recurring problems with (from being overcharged, to having the wrong game stuck in the case, etc.). There's one guy in the store that's really nice, but unfortunately the group of miscreants that also help run the store are little more than register monkeys. I understand anyone who has a different opinon on the controller, but for $8 you can hardly go wrong with a wireless controller that still demands $40+ on ebay used.

-This particularly EB is staffed by morons.
    -I felt I got a good deal on the controller.
    -End.