Thread: Build your own Next Generation Console!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Build your own Next Generation Console!!!!

I am looking to the next generation already,thats right the 256 bit age,I was thinking what kind of things you think you would need to build your own successful console,say your a company like Daewoo or even Toyota and your wanting to expand to the video game market,here is my idea

My top 5
    1. Sign a huge ungodly contract with the Great Developers to ony{EA,Square Enix,Capcom}

all three companys have major sellling game franchises and having them would ensure sells for the casual gamer as well as the die hard one

2.Buy a fallen game company and make them dish out a shitload of games for the systems release{Williams,Sega,Atari}

Sony had the right idea when they bought the european {Pynogsis} and changed it to 989 Studios and helped them get a good grasp on the market

3.Have develolpers from Sega and Atari past sytems to work on your systems specs along with new developers

It doesnt hurt having people from company who have seen the highs and lows of the video game industry,new age developers/progammers can learn alot from these guys

4.Licence out the rights to electronic companys and have a basic system set and an advanced one for people who want extra goodies

Basically have a system that plays the game and an advanced on that has extra goodies that maybe have a backwards compatabilty drive for Sega and Atari's old games {,2600,SMS,Genesis,Saturn} as well as other things such as added RAM,DVD-R Drive,etc.

5.Aim for a release price of 149.00 for the basic set and 300.00 max for the advanced one

If you want the systems to be successful it has to have it so the mainstream can buy it

[/i]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One thing you're forgetting -- R&D costs ungodly amounts of money. To make money in games, you have to have a VERY tight budget, and a good idea of your return on profits, otherwise the CEO won't let you waste the millions of dollars it takes.

In short, I don't think we'll see another big player jump in the market for a while. If M$ didn't have tons of dosh, I think they'd be out of the picture. Sales in the states are good, but to survive today, you have to be #1, or at least a close second in two of the three (JPN, USA, EUR) markets to get a lot of bang for your buck.
    A distant second in either market, and you're toast.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Build my own eh....lets...first construct a huge ass case...with..an x on it...then we will make it emulate a computer..yeah thats it!!..then...we will ...put a huge ass hard drive in it..NOW WHERE GOING SOMEWHERE....now its off to the market... ::ring ring::
    Guy 1: "hello?...ohhhhh ok"
    Guy 2: "who was that?"
    Guy1: "Bill gates...he said he wants his console back"
    Guy2: "gah that ingenious bastard...."