Thread: Buying From Germany

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Buying From Germany

Ok well im my search of PAL dc games ive been coming across alot of german sellers on ebay selling games i want, can anyone advise me on teh best way to deal with them in terms of payment, non eof them seem to accpet paypal and want direct bank transfer.. thats very difficult and expensive for me.. plus i hate to say it but the one german ebay transaction i had ended up with me beign ripped off ( seller did a runner )..

So does anyone deal with german sellers?

Cheers
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've had lots of transactions with German sellers, and unless they take Paypal, I've always sent cash in Euros (or Deutschmarks, back in the day ) and have never had a problem yet.
    I'll often have to ask in advance, since Cash is not usually listed as a payment option, but I can't remember ever being refused. Of course, having a half-German flatmate probably helps the communications

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last time I bought from eBay Germany, I used altavista Babelfish to translate into German and then sent him all my questions in German. Transaction went quite smoothly.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, if any other option fails and it's not to much money you can always use me as a medium if u want

paypal me the money and i'll wire transfer it to the sellers bank account, it'll only cost you the usual 4% paypal fee and an additional euro for the transfer onto my bank account

btw, what dc titles are you searching for? i've got a sealed Headhunter, Evolution 2, Skies of Arcadia and Vanishing Point for sale, the other things are already gone, sorry

i could also get you Kao the Kangaroo, Racing Simulation 2, Ready 2 Rumble, Incoming and some other games for 6 euro each!
    -Jan

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    well, if any other option fails and it's not to much money you can always use me as a medium if u want

paypal me the money and i'll wire transfer it to the sellers bank account, it'll only cost you the usual 4% paypal fee and an additional euro for the transfer onto my bank account

btw, what dc titles are you searching for? i've got a sealed Headhunter, Evolution 2, Skies of Arcadia and Vanishing Point for sale, the other things are already gone, sorry

i could also get you Kao the Kangaroo, Racing Simulation 2, Ready 2 Rumble, Incoming and some other games for 6 euro each!
    Ok your my man hehe

Im looking for Evolution 2, and vanishing point, maybe skies of arcaida plus the others that you had isted there.. to be honest im starting out, i have say 30 - 50 titles ( some on the way from ebay buys ).. if you have some lists im sure i could buy quite a few things from you send me a pm and we'll work out some deadls

Cheers

Greg
    Currently Looking For :
    Magical Chase TG16 Manual
    TG16 Order of the Griffon Complete Mint
    TG16 Chew Man Fu Complete Mint
    PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo - Box
    Dragon Warrior 2 - Mint Box, Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 Mint Maps, Dragon Quest Guide Books