Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Dreamcast/ Blue Stinger

One of the best times I enjoyed in gaming was when the Dreamcast came out with Blue Stinger ..

Man,I loved that game...(I still have it)

I bought that as one of the launch titles,though the disc I received was one of the bad loading discs that EB replaced with replacement discs sent from the company. (Willowbrook Mall EB)

I was pissed when I could get it to load only to find out it was a bad disc after complaining to EB..

Did anyone else go through that..?
    I returned it to EB and they had replacement discs in white disc envelopes..

I played that game to it's end and I enjoyed it though maybe others hated it..(just my opinion)

Did you like it or hate it..?
    What's your opinion of the game and did you finish the game..?

EDIT..
    What games did you buy on release?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought the game used a couple of months ago, played about 10 minutes, and threw it into my tradebox. The controls are terrible and there was something else I hated about the game, but I can't remember...I must have blocked it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I bought it on release day as it was one of the only titles that appealed to me besides Sonic Adventure. However, I did not have load problems with mine (purchase in mid-Michigan--Babbages 77)

Skipped my English class that day to get my DC. Took it back to my tech-school class and locked myself in the studio. The photo studio also happened to double as the video studio, so there were TVs galore. We said we were setting up product photo shots but instead ended up playing sonic and blue stinger.

Out of all the people I talk to about that game, most of the ones that appreciated are the ones who bought it on release day. I liked it, thought it was good for an early game and accomplished what it set out to do: survival horror.

I guess the only thing that really bugs me (I think this is evident in Illbleed also) is the character "rocking" back and forth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was playing Super Magnetic Niu Niu (not a first-gen game, and very simple) and kind of like it, although it sales numbers are crap.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Blue Stinger was one of the first games I bought for my Dreamcast too... I actually didn't think it was that bad. It's definitely not a great game, but I think a lot of it's criticism is undeserved. Never had any problems with the disc though.

Super Magnetic Neo is a very underrated title in my opinion... it gets awfully hard and frustrating though, despite the rather kiddy theme.

--Zero

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blue Stinger was one of my first games too.
    I loved it back then, and it's still pretty good now.
    It's like an acrade-y Resident Evil (or should I say Alone In The Dark II )game.

The only two thing I hated about itfirst was I had no Idea what do when that gas tower thing started exploding and I was stuck there for a good month or so (not constant playing I just put it aside and then never came back for a while).

About the only part that I think wasn't thought out very well was how the game had SO many guns/weapons in general, and yet you really don't need much more than the shotgun and gatling gun... and the naplam gun doesn't hurt either. And as for close range fighting, the baseball bat, fire axe, the t-shirts... Elliots bare fists are good enough for beating down the common monsters, All of these were more unessecray weapons. They just seem to have been thrown in to make it seem like a huge arsenal, when really they all do relatively the same damage (or at least thats been my experience please correct me if I'm wrong becuase this IS the only downside to this great game in my opinion)

Alex Kidd
    The Weed Of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit You Old Hag!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I loved it....rented it back right after the DC was released and played through the whole game in 3 days. Damned fun cheesy B-movie stuff!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Dreamcast/ Blue Stinger

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll
    One of the best times I enjoyed in gaming was when the Dreamcast came out with Blue Stinger ..

Man,I loved that game...(I still have it)

I bought that as one of the launch titles,though the disc I received was one of the bad loading discs that EB replaced with replacement discs sent from the company. (Willowbrook Mall EB)

I was pissed when I could get it to load only to find out it was a bad disc after complaining to EB..

Did anyone else go through that..?
    I returned it to EB and they had replacement discs in white disc envelopes..

I played that game to it's end and I enjoyed it though maybe others hated it..(just my opinion)

Did you like it or hate it..?
    What's your opinion of the game and did you finish the game..?
    I beat that game in one night flat before it came out in america.
    got it when the DC launched in japan..
    yeah i kinda liked it but the ending sucked.
    Lead, Follow , or get the F*** out of my way !

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blue stinger is a great game but I just found it WAY too easy =P
    It's a fun game to play through and getting all the wepons and items can be great! When I bought it I thought "Oh well this'll hold me out till they realease the new Resident evil game" I wasn't expecting much when I got it, but I actually enjoyed it alot more than I thought I would!
    http://www.sandmonkeys.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
    A comic about sand and monkeys... but with no sand..... or monkeys... *cough*
    MEGA CD FOREVER!
    And Mayhem in monster land for the C64 rules!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I played it and beat it when it first came out. About the only thing I remember is Santa Claus, a grocery store where I had to collect some pokemon type weird things, and the last HUGE boss. Ha, my memory isn't so great on that game, but I did like it and thought it was underrated as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    I bought the game used a couple of months ago, played about 10 minutes, and threw it into my tradebox. The controls are terrible and there was something else I hated about the game, but I can't remember...I must have blocked it out.
    I too thought Blue Stinger was absolutely horrible!! But yeah, I had the disc and had a few loading problems. I also had the same problems with ready to rumble boxing.