View Poll Results: FAVORITE MARIO GAME OF ALL TIME?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Mario Bros.

23 8.58%
  • Super Mario 2

8 2.99%
  • Super Mario 3

88 32.84%
  • Super Mario 64

32 11.94%
  • Mario Sunshine

2 0.75%
  • Super Mario Land 1-3 (GAMEBOY)

3 1.12%
  • Super Mario World (SNES)

74 27.61%
  • Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island

8 2.99%
  • Paper Mario (N64)

3 1.12%
  • Super Mario RPG (SNES)

18 6.72%
  • OTHER

9 3.36%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: BEST Super Mario Game of ALL-TIME?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario Bros. i pick this cause i still know the 100 men trick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It’s close between SMB3, SMW and Mario 64, but if I have to pick I’ll say Mario 64.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bump.
    Lets give this thread a bump, lots of new people on board here at the forums, plus people who might have missed voting before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daynum
    ItÂ’s close between SMB3, SMW and Mario 64, but if I have to pick IÂ’ll say Mario 64.
    That's a hard one, not just for Mario games, but those are my favorites of all time as well. All in my Top 10 for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Super Mario World> Mario 3> Mario RPG > Yoshi Island(MW2)> Mario 64 > rest......

Mario 3 is a excellent Mario game but SMW was like getting cake and icecream! Then there was Mario RPG which I didn't play till I was in 8th grade, and boy was that a experience I will never forget. Yoshi Island is an excellent game too, the ending fight with Browser was an awsome concept that I wished was used more often back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="zerohero"]Super Mario World> Mario 3> Mario RPG > Yoshi Island(MW2)> Mario 64 > rest......

Mario 3 is a excellent Mario game but SMW was like getting cake and icecream! Then there was Mario RPG which I didn't play till I was in 8th grade, and boy was that a experience I will never forget. Yoshi Island is an excellent game too, the ending fight with Browser was an awsome concept that I wished was used more often back then.[/quote/

Oh, don't ruin that ending for Yoshi's Island for me!! Just joking, but have never got to the end of that game yet!
    And yes, I didn't play Mario RPG until about 2 years ago. I am not really into RPG's, but with Mario in it I can't refuse!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a REALLY tough choice, but I'm going to have to go with SMB3 as well. I'll never forget when we got back from vacationing in the US to try out that game we bought there. It blew us away, loads of fun with 2 players.

Next in line would be:
    Super Mario World->SMB2->Lost Levels->SMB1->Mario 64->the rest

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My favourite Mario game of all time is Super Mario 64 (for now at least ).
    I was so astonished back then. I bought the N64 and Super Mario 64 the day it came out and I just couldn't stop playing it and drooling because of the phenomenal graphics. (Ok, back then it was phenomenal for me)

My second choice goes for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, probably the best 2D platformer there is, slightly behind Super Mario Bros. 3, which is my third place in Mario games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

This is an obvious answer. Super Mario World for the SNES. It dosnt get any better than this one. Long game, introduces Yoshi, and really brings out the character in Mario and Luigi.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It’s close between SMB2, Mario RPG and Yoshi's Island, BUT I'm going to have to go with Yoshi's Island. Great, great game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Super Mario World, no contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My vote went to Super Mario World. The game is just so expansive and fun that you can really plug away at it for a long time, and still go back to play your favorite levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well, this is my 1111th post, so I decided to put it here. This is a good topic.

Last time I checked, SMW wasn't so highly-regarded in the poll! SMB3 has always had 1st place, but SM64 used to have 2nd, IIRC. I wonder why the vote has suddenly swayed? Is the younger generation infiltrating DP? SM64, I think, earned 2nd place with its ground-breaking, awesome controls. SMW, however, was like the Super Mario Sunshine of its day--not really innovative, but introducing some interesting new concepts. I say that its main reason for having so many votes is simple: SMW was the pack-in for the SNES. An entire generation has that game firmly seated in their nostalgic memories.

Has anyone not voted, like me and NintendoMan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by § Gideon §
    Well, this is my 1111th post, so I decided to put it here. This is a good topic.

Last time I checked, SMW wasn't so highly-regarded in the poll! SMB3 has always had 1st place, but SM64 used to have 2nd, IIRC. I wonder why the vote has suddenly swayed? Is the younger generation infiltrating DP? SM64, I think, earned 2nd place with its ground-breaking, awesome controls. SMW, however, was like the Super Mario Sunshine of its day--not really innovative, but introducing some interesting new concepts. I say that its main reason for having so many votes is simple: SMW was the pack-in for the SNES. An entire generation has that game firmly seated in their nostalgic memories.

Has anyone not voted, like me and NintendoMan?
    I don't think it's an age thing. I'm now 33 and still pick SMW as #1. However, I put SM64 as second best Mario game. Part 3 was great in it's day, but did it have a save game (it's been YEARS)? If not, how could it even be considered #1? Finally, it most certainly was NOT the Mario Sunshine of its day. It debuted to rave reviews and much anticipation, and blew away any other Mario in terms of graphics and sound, not to mention perfect controls, and Yoshi too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do you chose?
    They're all masterpieces. Even the ones that don't have the traditional "Mario" feel to them are still very well done (like Super Mario Bros. 2 and Sunshine).
    I can't just chose one, but if I had to, it would be one of these:
    Super Mario Bros. (The one that started it all... the origionality of it, etc..)
    Super Mario Bros. 3 (Truly amazing)
    Super Mario 64 (Mario jumps into 3D! I still get the shivers when the game starts.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight
    Finally, it most certainly was NOT the Mario Sunshine of its day. It debuted to rave reviews and much anticipation, and blew away any other Mario in terms of graphics and sound, not to mention perfect controls, and Yoshi too.
    What you described is exactly Mario Sunshine.

Do you think Mario Sunshine is bad or something? Anyway, I am not thinking of these games in terms of which is better. They're just different in their own ways--that's all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those games are like my childrens, I love them all. But if I had to choose...

I picked SMB, simply because it was the first game that I have ever played. Plus, it brought video gaming out of the gaming depression. Without SMB, we wouldn't be having this poll. And that's why I chose SMB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

Super Mario Kart
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My favorite is easily Super Mario 64. I have so many fond memories of that game, I can still play it to this day without getting bored.

Next comes either SMB3 or SMW, both are magnificent. Then again, most Mario games are excellent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario 64 takes the cake for me. It was the first game I played on the N64 and the only Mario game to spend so much time in beyond belief. I beat the game several times over and still wondered around to see what else I could do. It was a thing that everyone that had the game, I would create a game in slot #4 and try to beat it so there would be a beaten profile on their cartridge. My favorite level was Big Boo's Haunt for a good while because it was the last level for me to discover. I never thought about going to the courtyard when the ghosts began to appear. The runner up level was the one with the hidden town under the level. It was so fun to play around with water heights and running around the small town underground.

My second favorite would be Super Mario Brothers 3. I played that game as a kid, and although I never beat it, there were some enjoyable times around that NES. The levels were better designed and the gameplay seemed more expansive compared to the previous 2 games on the NES. The graphics were also a huge improvement, I think they had higher budgets on it due to the success of the series. My favorite area was the big land because it was silly how huge the enemies got and how everything still went together. It was a real rich experience.

Another great plus in SMB3 was hitting start on the starting space to play the original Mario Brothers. My grandparents have an Atari 7800 still that has the original MB on it. I always played it when I went over to their place.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]